Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Werner Herzog Collection

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Werner Herzog Collection

Old 07-09-04, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Werner Herzog Collection

Amazon has it listed for August 3, 2004. Lets hope they make the date. I'm sure this was announced before, but I did a search and I only found one thread which only hinted at this. It looks just like the Herzog/Kinski collection which is a plus. It looks like all or almost every film will have a commentary so this is good news for anyone that has yet to pick these films up.

The films included are:

The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser
Even Dwarfs Started Small
Lessons of Darkness
Fata Morgana
Heart of Glass
Little Dieter Needs to Fly
Stroszek
Old 07-09-04, 10:18 PM
MSD

These are just the old discs reissused into a box similar like the Herzog/Kinski collection. I can't wait to pick it up seeing as how i held off on the single editions.
Old 07-10-04, 12:33 AM

yes, I hope I didn't give the impression they were new discs. If you want to check, look up the individual discs
Old 07-10-04, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MSD
These are just the old discs reissused into a box similar like the Herzog/Kinski collection. I can't wait to pick it up seeing as how i held off on the single editions.
Yes...looking forward to picking this up..after the initial Anchor Bay release of the Herzog/Kinski collection i had suspected they would produce a similar package and had heard rumour as much, at the end of last year.
Glad it's finally come to fruition, can now pick up the set as i had held off purchasing the individual releases as well.
Old 07-10-04, 06:25 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...1ZX0F6/dvdtalk
Old 08-18-04, 04:31 PM

Could someone who purchased this set please post a picture of the individual cases inside the box? I am curious to see what they look like.
Old 05-02-07, 11:35 AM

I ordered it last summer. I did not have any disc problems. The films played fine. A couple of the internal slim cases did arrive cracked from DeepDiscount. I had spares so I was able to replace those myself.
Old 05-02-07, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Vandelay_Inds
61% off at this moment at Amazon + part of a buy-one-get-another-free sale.

Some reviews there mention defective disks though. Anyone have any trouble with this?
None, I've had it for a year or two and all discs played fine.
Old 01-20-09, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Werner Herzog Collection

did anyone get this during the last DDD buy 1 get 1 free sale held sometime late last year? my set came with a defective Fata Morgana disc. the disc art says Fata Morgana while the movie inside of it is actually Lessons of Darkness!

the actual Fata Morgana disc is nowhere to be found here - is this supposed to be a 2 disc set in a ultra thin case?

any help would be appreciated as i have already dropped a note to anchor bay over the weekend itself and they have yet to reply to me...
Old 01-20-09, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by InnocentBlood
the actual Fata Morgana disc is nowhere to be found here - is this supposed to be a 2 disc set in a ultra thin case?

any help would be appreciated as i have already dropped a note to anchor bay over the weekend itself and they have yet to reply to me...
These are relatively short movies and are both on the same disk.
Old 01-21-09, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by b.n.
These are relatively short movies and are both on the same disk.
thanks b.n. but the chapter list in the menu lists only Lessons in Darkness...
Old 01-21-09, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 971 Likes on 684 Posts

The Lessons of Darkness/Fata Morgana disc is supposed to be 2 sided. My copy came with just Lessons as well. I think pretty much every set has this problem. Just go onto the Anchor Bay website and find the customer service page. I sent them an e-mail and had a corrected disc within a day or two. I couldn't believe how quickly they responded.
Old 01-21-09, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by rocket1312
The Lessons of Darkness/Fata Morgana disc is supposed to be 2 sided. My copy came with just Lessons as well. I think pretty much every set has this problem. Just go onto the Anchor Bay website and find the customer service page. I sent them an e-mail and had a corrected disc within a day or two. I couldn't believe how quickly they responded.
I should have checked my copy before replying, it is indeed 2-sided. I purchased mine a year or two back, so the problem may only be with more recent copies.