TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Last Comic Standing - 07/06/04

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-04, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Last Comic Standing - 07/06/04

Episode #207.

The plotting continues among the remaining seven comics.

Original Airdate: July 6, 2004.
Old 07-06-04, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See in inside the spoiler to see who's gone.

Spoiler:
Dead Ant! Dead Ant! Dead Ant, Dead Ant, Dead Ant! Yeah....Gary beats Ant with 74%. I couldn't handle another week of the weak comic
Old 07-06-04, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Must resist looking into spoiler until I have watched my recording.

Is there any way possible that it could be both Ant and Tammy?
Old 07-06-04, 10:22 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Thank god
Spoiler:
Ant (filler here to give away obvious short name)
is gone. I cannot stand him/her for one more second. That person failed to make me smile once in the 4-5 weeks I've been watching this show.

Spoiler:
You're gay.... yeah, yeah, we know that. Get over it.
Old 07-06-04, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The ending made me happy.
Old 07-06-04, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Spoiler:
I must say Ant's set tonite was better than his previous ones and i thought gary's was pretty weak. I was actually scared for a minute there as i can't stand Ant and don't think he ever should have been in that house
Old 07-06-04, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally posted by glassdragon
Spoiler:
I must say Ant's set tonite was better than his previous ones and i thought gary's was pretty weak. I was actually scared for a minute there as i can't stand Ant and don't think he ever should have been in that house
Agreed, as
Spoiler:
Gary's timing was off. But he was still better than Ant, even though Ant had a better set than usual.
Old 07-07-04, 12:09 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Spoiler:
Alonzo got kinda screwed with the non-immunity thing, although it was a non-factor. But he deserved the win, he had me cracking up more than he was in anything else so far.

Ant's set was okay, but it was a strange choice for this type of event. One big long story, with minor jokes scattered throughout, and the 'big' punchline at the end with the crazy gay guy screaming... blah blah. Might fit well in a half hour set, but you need to get the jokes out bam bam bam for this sorta thing.

Gary was off.. nerves maybe? I was afraid he'd blown it. Thank goodness he didn't. Perhaps part of it was that I've heard most of his stuff before. I do think he was one of the best at the roast, even though his stuff didn't go over as well as it should have.

Am I the only one who thinks Kathleen is overrated? She's funny, and better than a lot of the *remaining* comics. But they all treat her like she's the unstoppable comedy god that nobody in their right mind would want to challenge. So far I've laughed more at Heffron, Bonnie, Todd, Corey, Alonzo, and Gary, if I'm being honest, not even counting faceoff performances.

P.S. I included spoilers as not to be the too-early spoiling guy. But by now, everyone should have seen this... if not what are you doing in this thread full of black boxes?
Old 07-07-04, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DRG
[spoiler]
Am I the only one who thinks Kathleen is overrated? She's funny, and better than a lot of the *remaining* comics. But they all treat her like she's the unstoppable comedy god that nobody in their right mind would want to challenge. So far I've laughed more at Heffron, Bonnie, Todd, Corey, Alonzo, and Gary, if I'm being honest, not even counting faceoff performances.
Roasting is a different style of comedy. And like Kathleen said on the show, she is not the type to do roasts, and it was obvious.

That being said, I really like Kathleen. But I'm also somewhat biased because on XM Comedy 150 (XM Radio), they play her quite a bit and the stuff they play is hilarious (at least to me). She hasn't had much of an opportunity to shine yet on this show. Her big chance will be in a head to head competition.
Old 07-07-04, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

just 1 more black box for everyone in case the people in the thread are here for them

Spoiler:
I wonder how many of you are going to run your mouse over the black box and get mad because it won't select anything in it haha

Last edited by glassdragon; 07-07-04 at 12:31 AM.
Old 07-07-04, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Spoiler:
Yeah, I completely agree. I was starting to wonder if what someone posted here (about an earlier episode) was correct, that
Spoiler:
they show the best parts of whoever's leaving, and the worst parts of whoever wins, to throw us off. This was the least funny I've seen Gary, and Ant (I can't believe I'm admitting this, but it's true) actually had me laughing more tonight!
Old 07-07-04, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...

just 1 more black box for everyone in case the people in the thread are here for them

Spoiler:
I wonder how many of you are going to run your mouse over the black box and get mad because it won't select anything in it haha
Spoiler:

DOH!!!

I can't believe I bit!

::
Old 07-07-04, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Heffron's joke about Jay London being afraid of ice because he'd been frozen in it for 4 million years was great. As was Gary's joke about the illegitimate children's table.

Gary's timing was way, way off and to end on the oreo joke??? Poor choice. The oreo thing may have been funny if he was "on" but it ended his act on a sour note. Ant just isn't funny. His first "joke" was a long set up story just to say "I'm a queen". My God, we get that you're gay!!! Then a long, unfunny lesson in flight attendent school to see the same thing sped up. UNFUNNY.
Old 07-07-04, 08:34 AM
Banned

Wait a sec...did everyone hate Ant throughout the whole show? I liked him in the last episode...and thought the guy that got kicked off was a giant ass. I didn't see last night's episode but was just wondering if this is has been the overwhelming sentiment the whole time.
Old 07-07-04, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• digitalfreaknyc •

Wait a sec...did everyone hate Ant throughout the whole show? I liked him in the last episode...and thought the guy that got kicked off was a giant ass. I didn't see last night's episode but was just wondering if this is has been the overwhelming sentiment the whole time.
Pretty much. He's hateable for many reasons:

1) He's just not that funny and seems like he made it this far because he's good TV, not good stand-up.
2) He talks non-stop about "playing the game" and is all about strategizing like this is Survivor or something. Get up on stage, and prove you're funny.
3) His "act" hasn't changed since last season, and it's one note: "look at me, I'm Sicilian!"
4) He dishes but can't take it. He'll rag on someone in the house, and when they come back at him, he gets offended.

I'll give him credit for a few things, though:

1) He owned that Tour Bus challenge. That has little to do with comedy, but it was still pretty impressive.
2) Even though Tammy forced him into it with her vote, he was man enough to challenge Gary
3) He apologized to Corey

das
Old 07-07-04, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

At least Ant brought out a set we hadn't heard before. I still didn't like it, but I thought he might have beaten Gary, who was definitely not on his game.
Old 07-07-04, 09:47 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by griz
Roasting is a different style of comedy. And like Kathleen said on the show, she is not the type to do roasts, and it was obvious.

That being said, I really like Kathleen. But I'm also somewhat biased because on XM Comedy 150 (XM Radio), they play her quite a bit and the stuff they play is hilarious (at least to me). She hasn't had much of an opportunity to shine yet on this show. Her big chance will be in a head to head competition.
I'm not even referring to the roasting, I'm talking about the opening round stuff, her actual act. I've never heard of her before this, so maybe they're holding out on her best stuff. But from the stuff I've heard so far, she's good but they're all trembling in their boots like she's the most amazing unbeatable comic ever. At least three times so far I've heard of people addressing the idea of facing her as a really bad, crazy idea.
Old 07-07-04, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
She has the most random jokes in the time allowed and she makes them flow together seamlessly. I mean she is like, bam! bam! bam! during her performances. She may not be the funniest(I like her), but I think she has the best overall talent, she seems more professional than everyone else when she is up on stage. That is probably why they fear her.
Old 07-07-04, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Buh Bye ANT!!!!!
Old 07-07-04, 11:53 AM

Originally posted by brizz
Buh Bye ANT!!!!!
Damn, you beat me to it! My sentiments exactly!
He was too catty, petty and manipulative. I thought it was poetic justice (to steal Gary's line from the show) that Ant gave away his professional photo shoot to get Cro-Magnon man on his side and then wound up with nothing. I love it.

Here's hoping that Pescatelli is the next one to bite the dust.

To address Ant's set - pbbbbbbbbt. Terrible. He had 2 jokes basically with a TON of setup. You can't expect to have an audience stay with you that whole time, especially when they only seem to get a few minutes on stage. As someone else mentioned, if he was doing a whole act of a half hour or more, maybe those "jokes" fly. But it was just too much setup.
Old 07-07-04, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Bye Ant. Tho you owned the tour bus, it wasn't because you were funny. Just that you can bullshit and get people to believe you.

Glad to see the house force the hand and make Gary and Ant go head to head. Even tho Ant somewhat redeemed himself and voted for Gary.
Old 07-07-04, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Gary basically punked Ant into a head to head with him...

...that and Pescatelli not taking the hit for Ant.
Old 07-07-04, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So who is the one controlling the Alliance?
Old 07-07-04, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DRG
I'm not even referring to the roasting, I'm talking about the opening round stuff, her actual act. I've never heard of her before this, so maybe they're holding out on her best stuff. But from the stuff I've heard so far, she's good but they're all trembling in their boots like she's the most amazing unbeatable comic ever. At least three times so far I've heard of people addressing the idea of facing her as a really bad, crazy idea.
I don't really see the big deal with her either. I caught her Comedy Central Presents performance last week though. She was a bit more funny in that than I've seen on the show, but she was still a bit underwhelming.
Old 07-07-04, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tammy needs to stick around.

She's hot.

CFG

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.