Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Panasonic SC-HT900 Problems?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-04, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone else have this home theater system? I have had problems with a couple of discs so far, and was wondering if anyone else has experienced them as well. This has happened on both Spider-Man and the third disc of The Fellowship of the Ring - Extended Edition. The problem is that while watching the disc, the screens goes pixelated, freezes, and then skips like three to four chapter stops forward. These are the only two discs I have noticed the problem with.

It is really bugging me. I have resorted to having to watch these discs through my PS2 because the DVD player will not play them.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with this model or any other model of DVD player? I am starting to regret the $299 I spent on this thing....
Old 07-04-04, 04:20 AM
ATX

if cleaning the laser lens doesn't help and it happens with different discs, then it looks like the laser has gone bad

if you don't have an extended warranty then you pretty much should toss it, their gonna charge something rediculous to repair it (maybe ~/+ $100, keep it for a month then only guarantee it for another 90 days)

if it still plays cd's then i guess you still have a tuner and cd player
Old 07-04-04, 10:16 AM

Well, it has an optical input. I guess I could always get another DVD player and use it as the receiver. What a beating....