Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Fahrenheit 9/11 - how graphic is it?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-04, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking about seeing this movie over the weekend, but I was wondering how graphic it is.. I have heard that they show a beheading and that really does not sound like anything I'm interested in seeing.. I have nothing against fake violence, but real violence (even in an appropiate context) does not interest me.. any thoughts?
Old 07-02-04, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The beheading is shown from pretty far away, and the video isn't crystal clear. Of course, you can see what's happening, but it's not very graphic at all. Still a bit disturbing, however.
Old 07-02-04, 09:33 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The beheading is not graphic, but there is other graphic footage later on, including a badly wounded child and a dead baby.
Old 07-02-04, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
There's NOTHING in the movie (except possibly the beheading...which is so far away you can't really see anything graphic) that the evening news wouldn't show.
Old 07-02-04, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Shannon Nutt
There's NOTHING in the movie (except possibly the beheading...which is so far away you can't really see anything graphic) that the evening news wouldn't show.
I've never seen that stuff on my local news. It kind of bugs me when people say that because one of the great things about F911 is that it shows a lot of things you wouldn't usually see by just watching your evening news.

Edit to add: Anyways, only a few parts in the movie made me cringe... nothing too outrageous, but it is a little creepy (the beheading).

Last edited by MasterCXtreme; 07-02-04 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-02-04, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I understand, it's real, but to get an R rating when you see so much worse in horror movies is beyond me.
The violence is brief but the reasons for showing it are to make a point about war and I think he is pretty successful at doing that.
Old 07-02-04, 12:29 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by riley_dude
I understand, it's real, but to get an R rating when you see so much worse in horror movies is beyond me.
The violence is brief but the reasons for showing it are to make a point about war and I think he is pretty successful at doing that.
But those horror movies are rated R as well.
Old 07-02-04, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
I would say it's VERY graphic myself. It's far more harrowing when it's real people and not some cgi effect. Worse still that most of the violence shown is against children, and having a little kid myself I know I could barely make it through those scenes. Fortunately it's just a few minutes of the movie.
Old 07-02-04, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It isnt much... A childs arm is severly skinned and destroyed, another child is dead and burned in his fathers arms, the beheading, and some other dead boies laying around. Its not the worst I have seen but is more graphic than anything they show on the news that I have seen. Its about maybe 5 minutes of th emovie if that.
Old 07-02-04, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts
as for the be-heading....it was shot from so far away i didn't even see it.
Old 07-03-04, 08:24 PM

The thing that was bad about the beheading is the executioner needed two tries to get the head off.

There was also the truck bed full of bodies, and one guy shows a dead kid.

Another thing that was graphic was the Fallujah scene, where the two soldiers get strung up on the bridge. They didn't even look human any more.
Old 07-04-04, 02:34 AM

Couldn't even see the beheading, either.
Other footage was more disturbing, especially showing the attitude of some of the soldiers in Iraq and the indifference to the murdering of innocents.
Old 07-04-04, 03:06 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

wouldn't have noticed it was a beheading except the caption was there. the most disturbing scene in my opinion was either that boy getting his head stictched together or the one with all the skin on his arm blown off
Old 07-04-04, 10:06 AM

The scenes described are all pretty powerful but they only take up a few second each.