Last Comic Standing - 06/29/04

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-04, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Last Comic Standing - 06/29/04

Episode #206.

Spoiler:
Tensions between two comics prompt one to consider leaving; alliances continue to form as another comic is eliminated.

Producer(s): Jay Mohr, Peter Engel, Barry Katz.

Original Airdate: June 29, 2004.
Old 06-29-04, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't believe that little, unfunny piece of shit got immunity.
Old 06-29-04, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it wasn't any kind of comic competition. It was wicked cheesy.

I'm just upset that Tammy will be out of the house before I could properly determine her ethinicity.
Old 06-29-04, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Steam
I'm just upset that Tammy will be out of the house before I could properly determine her ethinicity.
I know - I think she might be Peloponessian or something.

I don't think my wife and I laughed at her once.
Old 06-29-04, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bleech.
Old 06-29-04, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by B.A.
I know - I think she might be Peloponessian or something.

I don't think my wife and I laughed at her once.
What? You didn't laugh at her joke regarding her boobs and nose? As if anyone looks at her nose.
Old 06-29-04, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Todd just wasn't on. His lead joke was awful and that unfortunately set the pace.

The quicker Ant goes the better. I don't want Dat Part Deux.
Old 06-29-04, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't believe she eeked out a win by a margin of 55% to 45%.

Does her voice nerve anyone else?
Old 06-29-04, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Her enunciation is a little odd. She is ok but I don't think she was that great tonight. She benefitted from being attractive and going against an off Todd Glass. She won't win her next head-to-head unless its against Ant, which won't happen.
Old 06-29-04, 09:10 PM

Todd Glass having an off night is no excuse. These audiences suck! 2 weeks in a row, the funnier comic leaves. At least Heffron redeemed himself with me for refusing to align with Ant and Tammy anymore.

Hey, Ant winning immunity isn't so bad. He just proved that comedy is NOT his calling. He should be a tour guide on some bus in CA so I never have to see him on my tv again.
Old 06-29-04, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm very impressed by Ant's amount of random knowledge. Either that or he is a very good bser. But he's still not funny.
Old 06-29-04, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

He admitted to making it all up. The problem there is that people were trying to do random bits instead of trying to be funny and interesting while giving the people what they wanted.
Old 06-29-04, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Steam
Her enunciation is a little odd.
The show says she is from Cleveland - yet she sounds like a Hollywood mafia queen from New York/New Jersey. How ****ing fake is that?

She sucks - she should have never made the final twenty and now she is in the final eight.
Old 06-29-04, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Well, missed the first 45 mins. Only caught the showdown at the end. What a waste. I didn't laugh once during Tammy's routine. Todd was off, but I still thought he was better than her.

And Ant is still on. There is something seriously wrong with this show.
Old 06-29-04, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
Todd was off, but I still thought he was better than her.

And Ant is still on. There is something seriously wrong with this show.
Agreed on both accounts - they have no intention of letting the best comedian win.
Old 06-29-04, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Give Ant some credit. I can't stand his comedy, but he aced the shit out of that competition by finding a rhythm and running with it.

Tammy was really on. I don't think her jokes are that funny, but she was perfectly in tune with the audience. The jokes are only part of it; you have to capture the audience, and she did that, so her timing was perfect.

I don't know what Todd was thinking. He has better material than that, and finishing with the bathroom set was a terrible idea. I know you want to build three or four quick running jokes at the end so that people get caught up in the laughter and remember you on that final note, but that's just not funny material. Plus he stumbled on the final toothpaste joke. Really disappointing.

I'd much rather see Todd continue forward, but Tammy earned it.

das
Old 06-29-04, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What was stupid about the challenge was that there was no comedy involved to win. All you had to do was make up crap very well. Todd did the best against Ant, and was funny on top of it, but because Ant lied about everything (I feel sorry for the people in the bus...I hope they were told at the end the Ant made everything up), everyone voted for Ant, because they thought he was being sincere and everyone else was just trying to be funny (not what they were on the bus for). Stupid.

I thought Todd was much funnier than Tammy in the head to head.

I liked Tammy's speech before her set about women not just making jokes about boyfriends and whores, yet she resorted to that in her set (girls gone wild).

I'm hoping next week Kathleen gets booted out so I don't have to watch this crap anymore.

It's just like Kathleen said, she didn't sign up to do the Real World, which this show is turning in to. What happened to the comedy?

Edit:

Is there a disclaimer at the end of the show saying the producers have the last say in who wins the head-to-head? Is the audience, right there in the theater, the only ones voting?

Last edited by griz; 06-29-04 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-29-04, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I never thought much of Tammy before, but I thought her set was pretty good. She uses the same material each time, but it seemed to flow together pretty well now that we got to see more that just a couple of excerpts of it. Glass was pretty good too. So I think the close vote was very warranted. I'd have still preferred Todd, just because Tammy annoys me in general, but if I remove that bias, it was about even. Remember, the audience hasn't seen Tammy use the same mafia jokes 4 times now like we all have.
Old 06-30-04, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
When Jay Mohr announced the winner of the face-off, as soon as I heard him say "Tam....", I turned the show off forever. I didn't see any of S1, and Todd Glass was the only reason I was mildy interested in S2. Everyone else is unfunny and unlikable. Bah.
Old 06-30-04, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally posted by griz
Is there a disclaimer at the end of the show saying the producers have the last say in who wins the head-to-head? Is the audience, right there in the theater, the only ones voting?
After all the hoopla a couple weeks ago, NBC stated that the execs have no final say in who gets kicked off week-to-week; it's strictly up to the audiences.

Drew Carey, however, said he believes they still control the week-to-week statistics and can manipulate the show however they want.

Who knows which is true.
Old 06-30-04, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Put aside your tin foil hats, guys. Who here honestly believes the producers decided that the show would get higher ratings if they booted out Bonnie and Todd? I know TV producers can be dumb sometimes, but come on now. That doesn't make any sense.

das
Old 06-30-04, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You're trying to equate rationality with TV producers?

D
Old 06-30-04, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm just disappointed in the show. I didn't watch it last year, so I gave it a shot this year w/ some high hopes - and it just seems to get worse every week. I guess I was naive to think that it wouldn't be like every other reality show.
Old 06-30-04, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They should automatically get booted if they do the same damn routine everytime. I'm sick of hearing the same bad jokes over and over again. Some are much more guilty of this than others. At least Glass had some new material.
Old 06-30-04, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
I thought Todd was getting a much better reaction from the crowd. Don't know how Tammy ended up with the majority vote.

Never underestimate the stupidity of an audience.

Anybody catch Gary's joke about Cory for next weeks roast?:

Spoiler:
At Cory's family reunion they have a children's table and an illegitimate children's table.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.