Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

T.H.E.M. - Totally Hidden Extreme Magic

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-04, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
T.H.E.M. - Totally Hidden Extreme Magic

Anyone watching this? It's pretty cool. Hidden camera show where young magicians freak people out.
Old 06-23-04, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought it was pretty weak. The "magic" aspect was too staged, and the "hidden camera" aspect wasn't entertaining enough. I'd rather just see a good magic show or a good hidden camera show.

"I'm one of THEM."
"Who?"
"THEM."
"What?"
"Don't you know?"
"Huh?"
"I'm one of THEM."
"What's that?"
"THEM."
"Um ..."
"I'm one of THEM."

das
Old 06-23-04, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What station? And are there going to be repeats?
Old 06-23-04, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I like the show. I hope there are more of THEM.
Old 06-23-04, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by xx2000xx
What station? And are there going to be repeats?
NBC, and the promos make it seem like this is a new series. I haven't checked the schedule, but it may come on every week.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think its just a special rather than a series. Not sure about repeats.

Last edited by eatntae; 06-23-04 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-23-04, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So is each one a Totally Hidden Extreme Magic or Totally Hidden Extreme Magician?

If they said that to me, I would first correct their grammar and then tell T.H.E.M. to get lost.
Old 06-23-04, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I really liked it. Specially the guy who could make his head drop to his chest when he coughed. And the guy that went through the window at the club.

Seems more edgy, specially when the guy was climbing the wall in the elevator... I kept expecting someone to pull out a gun and shoot him.
Old 06-24-04, 12:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I kept expecting someone to pull out a gun and shoot him.

Exactly what I was thinking... I'm pretty sure that lady was thinking: OK, it's neat that you climbed up the wall but I almost had a ****ing heart attack!! There's a difference between impressing someone with magic and scaring the crap out of them.

I missed the guy's head falling down - I saw it on the commercial for the show, but tuned in too late. The guy going through the glass was pretty funny, but am intrigued how the heck he/they did that.
Old 06-24-04, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I thought it was pretty weak. A couple of decent ones (dropping head, flies, elevator). It just seemed like it was trying to be a little too hip. I also got tired of the "He must be one of THEM" line.
Old 06-24-04, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought it was fairly entertaining. I agree the whole "He must be one of T.H.E.M." line got a little old. Still, the whole surprise aspect added something. It was fun to see the reactions of people who were a bit freaked out. I kind of wish the magicians would have been a little more mysterious rather than just acting like dorks, but some of their tricks were pretty cool. Others were pretty obvious.

The "possessed guy in elevator" bit was funny. I loved how the two white guys looked like they were about ready to crap themselves and went running out of the elevator looking like they were doing their best not to scream like little girls. Then, the black guy just kind of stood there looking at the guy climbing the wall and calmly walked out and said, "Yo dawg, I can't take this job." That was classic.
Old 06-24-04, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh, and the bit with the levetating couple in the yoga-like class was pretty good. The guy kept rambling on about "Their chi is just really strong. I can feel the energy coming from them. I've been able to do that before, but my chi is just not as strong today as it usually is..." When they busted him, he was like "Oh shit..."

Last edited by Boot; 06-24-04 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-24-04, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
I thought it was pretty weak. The "magic" aspect was too staged, and the "hidden camera" aspect wasn't entertaining enough. I'd rather just see a good magic show or a good hidden camera show.

das
I agree. While I thought it was mildly entertaining, it was SO fast paced that you really couldn't fully enjoy either the magic or the hidden camera aspect. I think it might have been better to have half as many skits per show and really dive into them.
Old 06-24-04, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Boot
Oh, and the bit with the levetating couple in the yoga-like class was pretty good. The guy kept rambling on about "Their chi is just really strong. I can feel the energy coming from them. I've been able to do that before, but my chi is just not as strong today as it usually is..." When they busted him, he was like "Oh shit..."
That was funny!!! What a dumb ass new age guru dork he was.

I really laughed my ass off at the black girl in the elevator.
Old 06-24-04, 09:50 AM

The guy going through the glass was pretty funny, but am intrigued how the heck he/they did that.
Like Das says, a lot of this was staged, It's likely the people in line were in on it as well, thus the joke was just on the television viewers. Sadly, a lot of 'magic' is done this way.
Old 06-24-04, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Boot
Then, the black guy just kind of stood there looking at the guy climbing the wall and calmly walked out and said, "Yo dawg, I can't take this job." That was classic.
I loved that part...
Old 06-24-04, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Strafe
Like Das says, a lot of this was staged, It's likely the people in line were in on it as well, thus the joke was just on the television viewers. Sadly, a lot of 'magic' is done this way.
as opposed to actually being magic?
Old 06-24-04, 10:56 AM

Originally posted by Trigger
as opposed to actually being magic?
If you define magic as tricks not depending on tv editing, controlling camera angles and the like, yes. This kind of stuff is cheating. It was relatively entertaining tho.
Old 06-24-04, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 208 Likes on 120 Posts
This show was weak. Obvious camera tricks. (Editing) and staged tricks. That wasn't "Hidden Cameras" when they were on sets. That "bar scene" wasn't even a bar.
Old 06-24-04, 11:21 AM

I like the skit where the girl can change clothes really fast.

I'm like praying for that to happen to me whenever I'm at the mall. *looks over shoulder quickly*
Old 06-24-04, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
It was okay but I like David Blaine's specials more.
Old 06-24-04, 01:38 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
Foe once, I agree with you.
Old 06-24-04, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by ytrez
It was okay but I like David Blaine's specials more.
Yea but he needs to quit this sitting in a box for 40 days crap and go back to doing magic tricks like he did when he started. There is nothing "magical" about sitting on a pole in a box for x days.
Old 06-24-04, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I miss Houdini.
Old 06-25-04, 11:07 AM

Do they give away any of the secrets? If so they better be careful that they don't get caught by the Alliance of magicians.
Old 06-25-04, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I enjoyed this show, as I also enjoy David Blaine.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.