NYPD 24/7 premier tonight (6/22)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-22-04, 07:20 PM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ABC News' documentary series NYPD 24/7 gives an up-close look at the day-to-day life of the New York Police Department. ABC News' cameras were given unprecedented access to the closed ranks for 16 months, following some of the men and women of the largest police force in the nation.

NYPD 24-7" shadows members of the New York's Homicide, Special Victims and Crime Scene units over a 16-month period.
Old 06-22-04, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I taped it - I hope to catch it by the end of the week.
Old 06-23-04, 01:17 AM
DAC

Yeah, I Tivo'd it. Will probably watch it in the next day or two.
Old 06-23-04, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I watched it last night. It was pretty good. Was heavy on the investigative and interview process. Had some funny moments as well with the detective dialoge. Lots of bleeps.

I'll probably check it out again.
Old 06-24-04, 12:25 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I'd call it so-so. The investigation was somewhat interesting, but the resolution really had nothing to do with the detectives. It was all based on lucky breaks - usage of the victims cell phone and credit card. It's neat how the trail to find the criminal plays out, but nothing we don't know that could play out in a situation like this.

I'll probably check out a few more before I cancel the season pass.
Old 06-24-04, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I loved it. I eat this kind of stuff up, and I thought it was very well done. It really gave a good feel of the procedural aspects of an actual investigation.

das
Old 06-24-04, 10:07 AM
DAC

Originally posted by PeMo
I'd call it so-so. The investigation was somewhat interesting, but the resolution really had nothing to do with the detectives. It was all based on lucky breaks - usage of the victims cell phone and credit card. It's neat how the trail to find the criminal plays out, but nothing we don't know that could play out in a situation like this.

I'll probably check out a few more before I cancel the season pass.
I thought the show was great. I wouldn't say it was lucky break, what they did was good, solid police work.
Old 06-24-04, 10:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by DAC
I thought the show was great. I wouldn't say it was lucky break, what they did was good, solid police work.
I wasn't saying it wasn't solid police work, it's just that they would have a lead, hit a dead end and then "hey, great news - we got a transcation at the grocery store with the credit card." The interrogation tactics was the most interesting part - I kept waiting for Vic Mackey to come in a beat the truth out of someone.

I did like the one main detective, he seemed like a good guy. The one detective who flipped out when the guy touched the radio was a bit too arrogant.
Old 06-24-04, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by PeMo
I wasn't saying it wasn't solid police work, it's just that they would have a lead, hit a dead end and then "hey, great news - we got a transcation at the grocery store with the credit card." The interrogation tactics was the most interesting part - I kept waiting for Vic Mackey to come in a beat the truth out of someone.

I did like the one main detective, he seemed like a good guy. The one detective who flipped out when the guy touched the radio was a bit too arrogant.

They are all arrogant. The main one said "Like I really cared where the guy gots his cuff links from" and then said "This guy thinks he's smarter than us". I guarantee the guy was smarter than him. The cop may know more about detective work than the perp but he can't say he's smarter. It's funny(not really) what power does to some people. Add that to being from New York and you have one giant a-hole. Still, I can't stop watching. You know cops really couldn't get anywhere without lying their way to the truth. If only people knew their rights better.
Old 06-26-04, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

How about the blond babes in the car that were hooting and hollaring "we love the NYPD"