Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

"Must have" Guncon2 games?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-04, 10:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"Must have" Guncon2 games?

Finally picked up a Guncon today for my PS2 (haven't even really had a chance to fire it up yet ) but I was curious what games are out there for it. I have Time Crisis 3 (which came w/ it) and Dino Stalker (found it on clearance a few months ago ).

TIA
Old 06-13-04, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since you already have Time Crisis 3, you have the best Guncon game (actually, it is my favorite gun game besides Virtua Cop 2 and House of the Dead 2). The other Namco guncon games are great too, Ninja Assault is misunderstood, I enjoyed it alot but it got average reviews everywhere. Vampire Night is great, and of course, TIme Crisis 2 is a must play (but it isn't nearly as fun as 3). The other companies' gun games are mostly crap.
Old 06-14-04, 12:54 PM

The point blank series on the PS1 are awesome. I bought them when I got my guncon for my ps2. I have point blank 2 and 3, both are a lot of fun, especially if you have a few friends to play this with. It is basically a bunch of mini shooting games, kinda like police trainer. If you have a guncon, I would say these are most definitely must own titles. They are a bit hard to find, especially the first 2, but I think you can get the third one, with a guncon for 20 bucks from ebgames.com
Old 06-14-04, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You can't play Guncon1 games (Point Blank series, and Time Crisis 1 and Project Titan) with Guncon2. It works the other way around tho.
Old 06-14-04, 07:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I finally gave it a try and I have to say Dino Stalker sucks The game is good enough (sort of enjoyed it w/ the regular controller) but the thumb control bit on the GC2 just doesn't work well and the other controller is locked out so you can't use it to control movement TC3 was fun though, I'll have to try to track down those other ones.
Old 06-15-04, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Well, some of the newer Guncon2 games won't accept Guncon 1s either (I think TC3 is one of these). Ticks me off, because I spent money on the Guncon 1 and only got like 4 games out of it (Point Blank1&2, Time Crisis, and Elemental Gearbolt, which was hard to find). I got my Guncon 2 with Ninja Assault for 12 bucks during that KB sale a year ago, and still don't have any other games for the thing. I can't even find most games without buying another gun...
Old 06-16-04, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All of Namco's GunCon2 games are worthwhile if you're a lightgun fan. Time Crisis 2 & 3 are the two best on the PS2, and perhaps two of the best period. Vampire Night, although not as good as House of the Dead, has the same classic House of the Dead flavor to it which makes since because it was co-produced by Sega. Night Assualt is probably my least favorite, but it is in my opinion also the most challenging of the four. Your trigger finger will be sore by the time it's over.
Old 06-16-04, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Also, Time Crisis: Crisis Zone come out this Fall ( I refer Time Crisis 4)
Old 06-18-04, 12:51 PM

To all you guncon owners, is there a way to use these guns if you use an s-video and not the a/v cables? Am I missing something?
Old 06-18-04, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally posted by zerotl
To all you guncon owners, is there a way to use these guns if you use an s-video and not the a/v cables? Am I missing something?
Yes, but you need one of these.

http://www.us.playstation.com/periph...id=SCPH-10130U

Plug it in-line with your AV cable, and plug the composite cable from the Guncon into the input on the adapter. It will work for component video also.
Old 06-18-04, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by noonan4224
Yes, but you need one of these.

http://www.us.playstation.com/periph...id=SCPH-10130U

Plug it in-line with your AV cable, and plug the composite cable from the Guncon into the input on the adapter. It will work for component video also.
Yup. I use component cables through one of these. It was a bitch to find one though. This item has been discontinued for awhile. Probably the only place you'll find one is online.