Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Riddick question

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-04, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Riddick question

Is the Chronicles of Riddick a sequel or Prequel to Pitch Black? as in, where does it fit in storywise? i heard the xbox game is a prequel to the movie though, which is kinda unique.
Old 06-04-04, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The imdb is your friend.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0296572/
Old 06-04-04, 10:22 PM

yah i went there earlier and didnt see anything thanks, thats why i asked. and if its buried in there somewhere...then call me lazy. a yes or no woulda been quicker than copying a link for me.
Old 06-04-04, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just click on the plot summary, duh!
Old 06-04-04, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Its a sequel to Pitch Black in character only, the Xbox game-Escape From Butcher bay is a prequel to Pitch Black while the animation Chronicles of Riddickark Fury bridges the gap between Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick.
Old 06-04-04, 10:38 PM

thanks for that explanation. that cleared up how all 3 (plus the animation which i didnt know about) tie into one another. IMDB didnt tell me any of that.
Old 06-04-04, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally posted by harosa
Its a sequel to Pitch Black in character only, the Xbox game-Escape From Butcher bay is a prequel to Pitch Black while the animation Chronicles of Riddickark Fury bridges the gap between Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick.
I just read Escape from Butcher bay bridges the gap between the two in a magazine the other day(XBN? maybe) Regardless, there are other characters from PB that make an appearance. So technically it isn't just the Riddick character only.

There was an extensive discussion of this already on the forum, but I couldn't seem to find the thread. I know the original poster got pissed off that we proved him wrong that CoR is a sequel and not a prequel. Maybe he deleted it.