Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Armageddon movie posters?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 06-03-04, 03:16 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

before Armageddon came out I remember there was a series of "star" posters for it, like Ben Afleck where it said something like "he's doing it for love..." on it... does anyone know where I can find just images of those posters to see what they looked like? I tried some movie poster sites like Allposters but couldn't find them....
Old 06-04-04, 01:38 AM

My brother has the complete series but we live in london so I don't think he would be willing to ship them.
Just for your info they were double sided, I think the ben was on the other side of the bruce one.
Try e-bay, he got rid of some posters here last year, also on an Armageddon note, go to www.brucewillis.com for some bruce photos from that and other films.
Old 06-04-04, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here's the only one I could find:

The Will Patton fan page I got this from said the tagline was "Doing it for the thrill."

The rest of the series was just like a mugshot like this one- probably close ups of all the pics in this poster:
Old 06-04-04, 03:34 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
Ok, what we have here is (was) the full banner that someone decided to put their friends' faces over (no, not mine). That gives you the layout. The real faces were those in the bottom left picture. And the Liv and Steve are samples of the individual "He's/She's doing it for the blankety blank blank.." promotional posters.

me bored? noooo
Old 06-04-04, 09:27 AM
Suspended

cool thanks What I wanted to see em for is for our a comedy short we're working on, we're gonna make a bunch of head shots like that with the same kind of taglines. Since we're poor indie folks it'll just be graphics on our website or maybe in the booklet for the DVD
Old 06-04-04, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
wow. Google didn't pull up a single one.
Old 06-05-04, 12:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I remember these.

The funny thing is how bad a campaign in was. It's inacurate. Will Patton's character isn't doing it for "The Thrill" and Buschemi's character isn't doing it for "The Money"