Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Which Season of Buffy Was Your Favorite?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which Season of Buffy Was Your Favorite?
Season 1- The Master
2.74%
Season 2- Angel, Spike & Drusilla
36.99%
Season 3- The Mayor
32.19%
Season 4- Adam
0.68%
Season 5- Glory
8.22%
Season 6- The Trio....and Evil Willow
6.16%
Season 7- Haven't Seen It Yet
1.37%
The Show Was Good as A Whole, and No Season was Better Than Any Other
5.48%
This Show Was Terrible
2.74%
Huh?
3.42%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-04, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the whole series coming to an end in October I figured I would start a disscussion.

My favorite season was the second season with Angel, Spike and Drusilla as the villains.

My second choice would be the sixth season, when Willow goes all out and loses it.

My least favorite season was the fourth season, I just didn't feel excited while watching it, plus it didn't end with the traditional end of the world fight off
Old 05-29-04, 03:58 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Season 5
Old 05-29-04, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
tv forum anyone?
oh and 2 is my favorite
Old 05-29-04, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Also, maybe a Spoiler warning is in order for people who are just now catching up on DVD?
Old 05-29-04, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The Highschool years are my favorite, followed by season 7 and 6...

for some reason i never really cared for seasons 4 and 5...
Old 05-29-04, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I also voted for Season 2, although it's really the latter half where it gets rolling. Season 3 was very close behind though
Old 05-29-04, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

1.) Season 3
2.) Season 6
3.) Season 2
4.) Season 1
5.) Season 5
6.) Season 4
7.) Season 7

I love them all, but at times Season 7, and Angel S5 were a little scattershot. Still I enjoy them all and Season 7 may grow in my mind when I rewatch it. "Chosen" is also one of the best episodes of the series, IMHO.
Old 05-29-04, 04:53 PM

Season 2, closely followed by season 6. Season 2, I feel, is the quintessential Buffy - it not only has some great comedy/filler episodes, but it strongly features the Buffy/Angel romance, which ties into one of the best story arcs of the whole series.

Season 6 only gets lower because it doesn't quite have that Buffy-ness about it (and also because of the lack of Angel). However, season 6 is just 22 episodes of great television (yes, I even liked Doublemeat Palace), all as one big story arc that I simply loved. No other season can match that.

My order for the others tends to shift around a lot, but it's consistent that season 1 comes in last (it all seemed less polished, and there were some of the stupider filler episodes of the series), and season 5 comes much lower down than most other fans seem to rate it (Glory and her followers annoyed me, and I found the whole plot arc kind of silly).

What's important above all is that I thoroughly enjoyed all 144 episodes. Absolutely one of my favourite TV shows ever.
Old 05-29-04, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greatest TV show ever.
Old 05-29-04, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't believe that no one has ever, in the history of dvdtalk, thought to ask this question...
Old 05-29-04, 05:54 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Rypro 525
tv forum anyone?
Report this thread to a moderator, anyone? Moving thread.
Old 05-29-04, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 05-29-04, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, Joltaddict, I'm in almost total agreement, except I really dislike season 7.

Old 05-29-04, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

1-3 are equally great.

After that the show got worse each season, by the end, I don't think it was much better than something like Charmed.
Old 05-29-04, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

edit:just noticed mine are identical to matome's picks.

Last edited by astrochimp; 05-29-04 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-29-04, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

2, 3, 1, 5, 7, 6, 4

Season 4's low placement excludes Hush. One episode can't redeem a season of Riley, The Initiative and the lack of Angel. Factoring Hush in, it would probably go 7, 4, 6...
Old 05-29-04, 09:10 PM

Along with Angel, one of the greatest sets of tv shows ever.
I am not boycotting the WB for canceling Angel
Austin
Old 05-29-04, 09:28 PM
Zee

1. Third Season- "Lover's Walk," "The Wish," "The Zeppo," "Bad Girls," "Consequences," "Doppelgangland," "Earshot," and "Graduation Day" are all classics, as is the actual prom in "The Prom." The Mayor was a hilarious villain, we were introduced to Wesley, and Faith got Buffy to really tap into her dark side for the first time. It also had an amazing finale and marked the end of an era in the Buffyverse.

2. Second Season- The entire Angelus arc is arguably Buffy's best ever. "Ted," "Surprise," "Innocence," "Phases," "Passion," "I Only Have Eyes For You," and "Becoming" are some of the series' best. Spike shines in this season.

3. Sixth Season- Though I can't stand
Spoiler:
Evil Willow's
awful dialolgue in the last four or so episodes, and the season isn't very well regarded by most other fans, there are so many reasons why I adore Season Six. "Once More With Feeling" and "Tabula Rasa" are two of my favorite episodes of all time, "Normal Again" and the entire last arc are also well done, I loved the idea of The Trio as villains and thought that their geeks-obsessed-with-pop-culture dialogue was genius, and I thought it was necessary to let everything get a little chaotic for a season (especially the relationship between Buffy and Spike). Couldn't stand where they went with Dawn or the excessive use of the drug metaphor, but other than that, I really enjoyed the season.

4. Fifth Season- "The Body" is one of the best hours of television ever aired. Glory was a great villain and an interesting character, and the season-long storyline was one of the show's most creative and well-done, but there were less stand-out episodes than there were in the previously mentioned seasons. Another plus: getting rid of
Spoiler:
Riley
. Thank God.

5. Season Four- The addition of Spike to the gang was a turning point for the series. Can you imagine the show if he'd stayed a villain who only popped up occasionally forever? "Hush" was a landmark in television history, and "Restless" was excellent. Unfortunately, I was disappointed with the way
Spoiler:
Oz left the show
and Riley was annoying to no end. It also took the show away from the supernatural more than it should have.

6. Season Seven- Loved "Conversations With Dead People," "Selfless," "Lies My Parents Told Me," "Storyteller," "Dirty Girls," and "Chosen." Enjoyed the addition of Principal Wood and the return to Sunnydale High and the show's original mission statement/"high school is hell" metaphor. ADORED Andrew. However, I absolutely could not stand Kennedy (and her relationship with Willow) and most of the other potential Slayers, and "Help" and "Him" were two of the show's worst episodes. Really enjoyed the end though...Caleb was one of Whedon's greatest villains and "Chosen" was wonderful.

7. Season One- "Welcome to the Hellmouth," "Angel," and "Prophecy Girl" are excellent. Don't like The Master much, and some episodes have some pretty poor storylines, but there's not too much to complain about here. It's just not as stellar as the rest of the series.

Like Angel, it's very difficult to rank the seasons of Buffy...year after year the show continued to produce quality stories and characters. I'll agree with Matome: greatest show ever.

As for Angel...I don't know if I could rank seasons 2-5. The Third would be the best, I suppose, but after that there's just no separating one from the other. They were that good....sigh.
Old 05-29-04, 09:56 PM

The highschool years are Buffy, the best fun, season one nice intro, campy, season two awsome, the peak, season three still at the peak and moving forward to a awsome ending.
Old 05-29-04, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Zee, your listing reminds me of why I put season 3 ahead of season 2. It's mostly because of the sheer number of excellent individual episodes. Even the stand alone episodes like Dopplegangland and The Zeppo are great.

Also, I really enjoy the comedy aspect of Buffy and season 3 was firing on all cylinders in this department. For those that prefer the dramatic side, I can definitely understand picking season 2.
Old 05-29-04, 10:50 PM

I find it quite hard to choose. I'll have to go through the whole series again!

While watching it I think season 2 was the most amazing. I wasn't expecting it to be so dramatic and engaging.

Season 3 had a lot of good standalone episodes but I didn't feel it was quite as exciting as season 2.

I thoroughly enjoyed Seaon 4. Apart from a very mediocre big bad I found it had some of the best comedy and I really like some of the early willow/tara stuff.

When I rewatched season 5 on dvd i was surprised at how much I liked some of the standalone eps. I pretty much hate Glory though. She's just grating. I want to skip all her scenes.

I really need to watch Season six again to evaluate it properly. When I watched it as it aired I was not that impressed.

Season 7 started out well and had a few highlights. A lot of dull eps though.
Old 05-29-04, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

any season in high school.

can't pick!
Old 05-29-04, 11:24 PM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Season 6, easily.
Old 05-30-04, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
(1) Season 2
(2) Season 6
(3) Season 5
(4) Season 4
(5) Season 3
(6) Season 1
(7) Season 7

Season 2 is the best hands down ... followed by Season 6 (for the most part). Anything with Spike in it is a plus.

Season 7 was just bad all the way around. I have all 6 seasons of Buffy, but I don't know if I'll get season 7...
Old 05-30-04, 03:45 AM

i'm the only one who picked season 1. season 1 fo' life!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.