Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

How Much could I get for Dawn of the Dead Anniversary Edition?

Old 05-23-04, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just Wondering, am looking to purchase the new DOTD Set coming out this summer, how much could I get for the old Anniversary Edition(U.S. Theatrical Cut) on like Ebay? I know theres better versions but it seems really rare.9Its the one with the 9 multicolored boxes on the front with a zombie head in each.
Old 05-23-04, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
probably $5-6.

if you're lucky, maybe $8-10

the current release that is available in most retail outlets is significant better in every way (a/v, extras) and is only about $15.
Old 05-23-04, 05:58 PM

Dam I was just wondering cuz i saw posts of guys gettin $120.00 on Ebay a while back.
Old 05-23-04, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yep, that was a while back. You should have sold it before March. Then you would have been getting at least more than 10 bucks for it.
Old 05-23-04, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
That's the way the market works. when the item is rare and the new one is a distance away than people are willing to pay for the older version. But the new one was released and that's like trying to sell an outdate computer. Sure it was rare, but it is out performed and out priced compared to the new one.
Old 05-23-04, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
depending upon how big of a fan of the film you are, you may wish to hold onto that disc. The version of the OOP disc is different than the current AB disc and is different than the ones that will be included in the box set.

(update)
I compared some scenes of the Anniversary Disc with the Divimax US Theatrical Cut, and they are indeed different. The Ann Disc is "supposed" to contain the US Theatrical Cut, but in some places it includes some scenes from the Director's Cut. One notable scene is the "dock scene" with Joe Pilato's character. (there are a few others that I can't recall offhand)

I'm pleasantly surprised that AB took the time and care to correct those mistakes.

As for me, I plan on keeping the OOP disc, keeping the single Divimax disc, and purchasing the boxset when it is released. If the contents of the single disc are all included in the boxset, then one of my friends or family members will be the recipient of a free copy of the single Divimax disc.

Last edited by sracer; 05-24-04 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-23-04, 07:53 PM
Cool New Member

and you cant forget the monroeville mall commercial on the anniversary DVD..im glad i didnt sell it.
Old 05-23-04, 08:31 PM
Banned

I sold mine in March for around $52. I did a search and found someone that just sold one for about $15.
Old 05-24-04, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

MikeyGaGa0713,

I just sent you an email -- thanks!

Matt