Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars DVD Image? Is this real? *Spoiler of course*

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-04, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Click here for Moriarty's column at Aint it Cool, here's a purported image from the new Star Wars DVDs that are getting some tinkering. Anyone believe its real?
Old 05-18-04, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You know what, after reading about 5 sentences from that site I have officially banned it from my PC. It's like a 12 year built it and got his friends to write for it.
From the layout, to the font, to the wild rumors, extreme opinions ('Kevin Smith will be shitting blood!'), it's just not worth my time.

Hey look, it's a photoshopped still, lets rant about how this movie is a blight on humanity. (almost forgot the obligatory exclamation points) !!!!!!!!!!

D
Old 05-18-04, 07:22 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gimme a ****** break. Those people on the talkback who think the photo is real must be retards. I'm reminded once again why I hate this stupid worthless site and all who keep it running.

Last edited by Rivero; 05-18-04 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-18-04, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Derrich
You know what, after reading about 5 sentences from that site I have officially banned it from my PC. It's like a 12 year built it and got his friends to write for it.
From the layout, to the font, to the wild rumors, extreme opinions ('Kevin Smith will be shitting blood!'), it's just not worth my time.

Hey look, it's a photoshopped still, lets rant about how this movie is a blight on humanity. (almost forgot the obligatory exclamation points) !!!!!!!!!!

D
Derrich, AICN. AICN, Derrich. Now you've been properly introduced.
Old 05-18-04, 11:14 AM

Originally posted by Rivero
Gimme a ****** break. Those people on the talkback who think the photo is real must be retards. I'm reminded once again why I hate this stupid worthless site and all who keep it running.
Unfortunately, the photo is real... You have no good reason to believe me, but, it is indeed true.
Old 05-18-04, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How the f**k can ANYONE believe this is real? It doesn't make any goddamn sense! Vader died an old man in Jedi and for some reason he comes back as Hayden? Idiots run that site.
Old 05-18-04, 11:17 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looks all BS to me.
Old 05-18-04, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Luka
Unfortunately, the photo is real... You have no good reason to believe me, but, it is indeed true.
Since I know you work in the industry it is very likely you know things we do not.

I hope he changed his mind and ended up deciding to not make changes like this.

How did the most recent film go?
Old 05-18-04, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Luka

right. what about this one?
Old 05-18-04, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

On one of the talkbacks they were basically saying when Anakin turns to Vader is basically when he "dies" so his image would be that of Christensen when he "redeems" himself. Could work i guess.
Old 05-18-04, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Both images are cool,and I wouldn't mind the changes, especially the second one.

That said, I doubt the authenticity of these images, especially the first one. Now ILM may have cut Sebastian Shaw's head and composited Hayden's in it's place, but wouldn't it be easier for them to eliminate the Sebastian element all together and shoot a full on shot of Hayden? Seems like it would be less work.

Probability of authenticity on that first photo- 1/5

The second pic does not really show the Emperor (or Darth Sidious) as we have seen him in the other films, IV, I and II. The make-up job is poor. More of the face is revealed in this shot than ever before. Showing that much of his face takes away from all the mystery surrounding the character, and Lucas' prequel missteps aside, he has managed to keep an air of mystery around this character in I and II. I do feel this shot could possibly be more legit though...

Probability of authenticity of the second photo- 2/5
Old 05-18-04, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Compare the two photos. Hayden's face was put on Shaw's body. looks fake as hell.

Last edited by Lara Means; 05-18-04 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-18-04, 12:09 PM

Originally posted by Qui Gon Jim
More of the face is revealed in this shot than ever before. Showing that much of his face takes away from all the mystery surrounding the character, and Lucas' prequel missteps aside, he has managed to keep an air of mystery around this character in I and II. I do feel this shot could possibly be more legit though...

Probability of authenticity of the second photo- 2/5
I totally agree with you. If they add more shadow on his face and do a better job on the makeup then it will fix a big pet peev of mine.

The first photo is seriously fake though.
Old 05-18-04, 12:28 PM
Retired

That would be a stupid change. Currently, Anakin, Yoda and Obi Wan's ghost's all appear as they looked when they died.

Why change Anakin to look younger?
Old 05-18-04, 12:55 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not buying it. Why wouldn't they just make Obi Wan's ghost into Ewan McGregor if they were going for the "younger version is the ghost"?
Old 05-18-04, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Definetly fake. I swear there are people out there that just want to stir up SW/Lucas shit.
Old 05-18-04, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, Obi Wan died as an old man and Anakin died as... aw forget it, even I cant explain it all.
Old 05-18-04, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The real DVD screen captures have been released!

Last edited by Lara Means; 05-18-04 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-18-04, 02:11 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by Lara Means

Now that's comedy.

Thank you!
Old 05-18-04, 02:23 PM
Retired

Originally posted by harosa
Well, Obi Wan died as an old man and Anakin died as... aw forget it, even I cant explain it all.
Anakin died as an old man. The "he died when he became Vader" argument I think you may have been hinting at doesn't hold water as he was redeemed by Luke and was Anakin Skywalker again when he died.
Old 05-18-04, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally posted by Lara Means

That's funny stuff.
Old 05-18-04, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
AICN.. gotta love their bullshit. Even if it is true, reading it off AICN is like getting a nice cheese steak sandwich served to you on a dirty broken plate.
Old 05-18-04, 03:48 PM
Banned

Anyone who says this is legit needs to put their money where their idiot mouth is.

If the image from AICN is indeed in the final cut of the DVD that will be released in Sept. of 2004 then I will pay for your Star Wars set. If it turns out to be the same old Annikin then you pay for mine.

Any takers? I'm tired of everyone here talking like they know for sure what it will look like. Put your God Damn money where your mouth is.
Old 05-18-04, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here are the real changes, don't let anyone fool ya.
Old 05-18-04, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Is it fake or not? I don't know.

But we need to keep a couple of things in mind:

1) George Lucas will make changes just to make changes, whether there's a good reason for them or not. So I don't think saying that it doesn't make sense because Anakin died as an old man, so his ghost should be the same relative age as Obi Wan and Yoda, doesn't hold water. Lucas will **** around with these movies just **** around with them.

2) It looks fake. Yeah, so did most of the changes in 1997. The "Greedo shoots first" looked horrid, as did Han Pitfall Harrying over Jabba's ass. Again, this isn't a deterrent for Lucas and his mighty CGI.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.