Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Eurotrip UNRATED, what are the new Scenes ?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-04, 08:40 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

does anyone know ? i did a search, couldn't find anything

cheers
Old 05-15-04, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
more nudity and more sex
Old 05-15-04, 09:54 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More Michelle Trachtenberg!!
Old 05-16-04, 12:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is this film actually funny & entertaining??

I was SO disappointed with the lame Old School,that I don't want to waste time on another poseur-wannabe 'party sex' comedy...that takes itself too seriouslly(American Pie films fall into that trap as well) & forgets to have fun with the material..and actually um party.

Old School was lame as hell,those guys should not make 'comedies' or films in general. A bunch of talented hacks without any edge!
Old 05-16-04, 01:12 AM

Eurotrip is way funnier than Old School. There are no sappy and corny moments like the ones that ruined the first American Pie movie. Old School had too many big name actors whom we've all seen before and the out-of-control frat house plot was done better in Animal House.

Eurotrip has the big names relegated to cameo appearances. Its good to see some new faces who aren't Jason Biggs and Will Ferrell. The lack of big names is probably what doomed it at the box office. Not to mention, there is a helluva lot more T&A than Old School.
Old 05-16-04, 01:34 AM

I actually already saw this for sale in NYC but I'm gonna wait cause I can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Dumb humor but overall good movie. Does not take itself seriously like American Pie.
Old 05-16-04, 01:37 AM

Originally posted by Julie Walker

Old School was lame as hell,those guys should not make 'comedies' or films in general. A bunch of talented hacks without any edge!
you're lame
who the hell are you? =P
Old 05-16-04, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
This is one of those fake Unrated. Sure it has more footage. but I'm positive that footage would still be an R rating. Look at the trailer for the cut scene. Trachtenberg showing a bra and a few minor Sub plot female characters getting nude more. that's about all you can really expect.
Old 05-16-04, 05:26 AM

I was SO disappointed with the lame Old School,that I don't want to waste time on another poseur-wannabe 'party sex' comedy...that takes itself too seriouslly(American Pie films fall into that trap as well) & forgets to have fun with the material..and actually um party.

American Pie films dont have fun? ha!, American pie films are some of the most funny comedies out, Ive yet to find another comedy to make me laugh as much as some of the parts in american pie.
Old 05-16-04, 06:41 AM
Banned

yup...very funny movie...funnier than all three AP movies put together!

but hey...dont be bashin Old School...OS owns!
Old 05-16-04, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Old School was definitely hilarious... sounds like someone just felt like bashing something good to stir up drama. (sorry for the off topic-ish post)

and back on topic... no idea... haven't seen Eurotrip either in Theatre or on DVD yet, but it looked funny from the previews and I am eager to see it.
Old 05-16-04, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the Unrated Edition has more of the “Sausage Fest” scene. That new DVD Player that skips this stuff would have been a good thing on this spot. lol

I haven’t seen the R version.
Old 05-16-04, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It has its moments.

There are some scenes where they go too far... meaning they keep going with the same joke. It's a decently entertaining film that probably doesn't merit more than a viewing or two. So, give it a rental.
Old 05-16-04, 09:46 AM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
This is one of those fake Unrated. Sure it has more footage. but I'm positive that footage would still be an R rating.
I really think this one will be a true unrated release. I remember wondering how in the world they got away with an R-rating when I saw this in the theater (namely because of the nude beach scene) and I would think that just about any more footage containing nudity would probably push it over into an NC-17 rating.
Old 05-16-04, 01:52 PM

Originally posted by nick490172003
American Pie films dont have fun? ha!, American pie films are some of the most funny comedies out, Ive yet to find another comedy to make me laugh as much as some of the parts in american pie.
Yes,they bored me to death. The only saving grace was Eugene Levy who was actually funny when on screen briefly throughout the series.

Yet the other attempts at 'humor' were flat,bland,forced and just did not work at all.

Then add in the far to cliched forced sappy 'sensitive' melodrama to attempt to win over female viewers...and that killed the film even more. The Farrellys fell into this deadly trap as well with 'Mary' & everything afterwards. A shame,as Dumb & Dumber and Kingpin were laugh out loud hilarious!

Basically comedies today have forgotten how to be funny and instead keep worrying about not offending anyone. Sure they may have some gross out humor & stuff here & there(which is equally lame..since gross does not='funny'). But they toss on plenty of sappy corny forced drama(like something off of Lifetime),to try to pretend they are more mature & smarter than they really are..and you have a very lame 'comedy' in disguise.

Also compare the party sequences from Animal House(among many other 70's & 80's films) to the ones in American Pie & Old School.

Which has the more energy,enthusiasm,bombastic party fun wild atmosphere?

Animal House...& the other 70's & 80's stuff!

Meanwhile in Pie,you have the music surpressed extremely low into the background,as the cast attempt to act like they are 'partying',but are way to stiff and self conscious. Their is no raw,realism to it at all...it all feels lame,scripted,acted out with no spontinaity or care at all. Just 'read the lines and get it over with' blandness. Yet they think this is a 'party' scene?????

So that is one of many reasons I have been so disappointed with these lame 'party' films today that dare to call themselves 'in the 80's tradition' or 'Animal House for the new millenium'.

All they prove is,just how much people have forgotten to have fun today...and films have suffered because of it.

P.C.U. was pretty much the last great college party comedy that was alot of fun without any pretentions as the films of today.
Old 05-16-04, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you're looking for movies not afraid to offend people, I suggest Bubble Boy. Hee-lary-us.

Also, I like the first American Pie movie, cuz I personally think it has more brains and heart (yeah, I said heart) than a lot of teen movies out there. But that's just me.

Eurotrip.... I dunno. We'll see.

K
Old 05-16-04, 02:26 PM

Well I don't mind a comedy having some heart. But AP just felt so forced to me,like the drama was an afterthought or something.

The Last American Virgin feels more realistic and heartbreaking with its serious attempts at drama,which take up the majority of the running time. In fact,the film is hardly a comedy at all,yet it works.

The only real difference with Pie,which is a good thing I might add,is that it involves the womens views on sexuality & such,over just the guys. Yet it still fails at being a comedy big time in my opinion.

If they let loose alittle more,it may have felt more natural & alot of fun for myself.
Old 05-16-04, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, this thread has certainly been derailed.
Old 05-16-04, 04:04 PM

Check out these menus:
http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...%3D12%26y%3D10
Old 05-16-04, 05:08 PM

Yes,they bored me to death. The only saving grace was Eugene Levy who was actually funny when on screen briefly throughout the series.

Yet the other attempts at 'humor' were flat,bland,forced and just did not work at all.

Then add in the far to cliched forced sappy 'sensitive' melodrama to attempt to win over female viewers...and that killed the film even more. The Farrellys fell into this deadly trap as well with 'Mary' & everything afterwards. A shame,as Dumb & Dumber and Kingpin were laugh out loud hilarious!

Basically comedies today have forgotten how to be funny and instead keep worrying about not offending anyone. Sure they may have some gross out humor & stuff here & there(which is equally lame..since gross does not='funny'). But they toss on plenty of sappy corny forced drama(like something off of Lifetime),to try to pretend they are more mature & smarter than they really are..and you have a very lame 'comedy' in disguise.

Also compare the party sequences from Animal House(among many other 70's & 80's films) to the ones in American Pie & Old School.

Which has the more energy,enthusiasm,bombastic party fun wild atmosphere?

Animal House...& the other 70's & 80's stuff!

Meanwhile in Pie,you have the music surpressed extremely low into the background,as the cast attempt to act like they are 'partying',but are way to stiff and self conscious. Their is no raw,realism to it at all...it all feels lame,scripted,acted out with no spontinaity or care at all. Just 'read the lines and get it over with' blandness. Yet they think this is a 'party' scene?????

So that is one of many reasons I have been so disappointed with these lame 'party' films today that dare to call themselves 'in the 80's tradition' or 'Animal House for the new millenium'.

All they prove is,just how much people have forgotten to have fun today...and films have suffered because of it.

P.C.U. was pretty much the last great college party comedy that was alot of fun without any pretentions as the films of today.
I guess the big thing about it is everyone has there own opinion on the films and i think thats forgotin alot in here, Alot of people love the american pie series and alot dont, I think due to a diffrent sense in humor, I cant see how some of that stuff cant be hillarious to some people but i guess it isnt, Maybe its not like the best acting and all but man some of them parts are just hillarious.
Old 05-16-04, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I will get it just cuz Michelle's in it but i will probably regret buying it
Old 05-16-04, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
Originally posted by dknight04
Check out these menus:
Just a warning that one menu is not work-friendly.
Old 05-16-04, 06:12 PM

From the looks of those menus and the teases of what many scenes hint at. I may have to check this out..and most likely buy it blindly.

Knowing the crappy corporate chains around here,they will have the R version I am sure. Which I refuse to rent when given the option.

Anyway comedy is a tricky area,since people laugh at different things.

Yet I do know,something is deeply wrong with the comedies of the past few years,for not making me laugh really at all.

The funniest modern film I ever saw...after Kingpin,was Species 2...which was not intended to be a comedy I am sure,but sure came off as one

Now if only other comedic filmmakers could learn how to be less self consious and just go for it with humor and let it come naturally..instead of trying to hard.

That is where the comedic magic lies and many filmmakers today fail to take notice.
Old 05-16-04, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by dknight04
Check out these menus:
Nudity Index - Sweet!
Old 05-16-04, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Ok, I'll bring this up but wont talk more about it.. DES! jesus, I mean how long has it been floating around and you couldn't answer this question yourself?! I'm ashamed of your leeching skills man

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.