Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Orgy of The Dead'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-04, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read DVD Savant's DVD review of Orgy of The Dead at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=10686 and...

I'm outraged!!! I've been promoting this trash as the worst movie ever made for years, and you give it 2.5 stars?!? 2.5 freakin' stars?!?

das

P.S. Love your reviews. They're some of the best on the site.
Old 05-13-04, 11:45 AM
The DVD Savant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orfull Orgy

das monkey! Thanks for the plug for the review. Yep, ORGY OF THE DEAD is trash. So are a lot of movies people like and I review. And although I'm just morbidly curious, ORGY is going to entertain bad movie fans.

That's the weirdness with filmmakers like Ed Wood. PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE can't be the worst movie ever made - it's entertained millions with its badness.

ORGY is actually special in that it's very nicely filmed. All those dirty old men at least got their money's worth - the idiotic dancers in those silly graveyard sets look great .

The best thing a review can do is to give the buyer the best truth he can about the foolish DVD he's carrying to the checkout counter. I done seen my dooty and done it. Glenn Erickson
Old 05-13-04, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
das

Oddly enough, I thought Orgy was completely entertaining. Darn that Criswell is hilarious.

Surreal, bizarre, funny (unintentionally), weird, and lots of nekkid chicks.

That's all I need sometimes....

Here's my full review, if you're bored....
Old 05-13-04, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Orfull Orgy

• DVD Savant •

That's the weirdness with filmmakers like Ed Wood. PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE can't be the worst movie ever made - it's entertained millions with its badness.
I agree with this. However, I've always been of the opinion that while Plan 9 was so bad it's good, Orgy was so bad ... it was just really, really bad. I honestly don't see how anyone could actually watch it start to finish without fast-forwarding through those repetitive dance scenes. There's hardly any dialogue to laugh at, no story to mock ... it's just terrible. I am one of the so-called "bad movie fans," and I was most definitely not entertained.

That said, I also agree that a reviewer's job is not simply to trumpet his own opinions, but to arm the reader with information that may be valuable to him. You do that very well, and I always enjoy reading your reviews. In truth, I couldn't care less how many stars you give this DVD ... I'm more in shock that other people have actually seen it ... and taken the time to review it. For years, I had trouble convincing people this thing even existed; and despite your glowing review , it's still tops on my list of the remarkably terrible.

das
Old 05-13-04, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• 12thmonkey •

das

Oddly enough, I thought Orgy was completely entertaining. Darn that Criswell is hilarious.
I'm in Bizarro World!!!

I'm beginning to suspect that when I mockingly complemented 24 a few days back, I inadvertently opened a rift leading to some backward Mirror Universe. Do you now have a goatee? If anyone can hear me, I must find a way home; to warn my Earth. They are not prepared for the wonders I've seen.

das

P.S. I'm off to read your review. Thanks for sharing it ...

Last edited by das Monkey; 05-13-04 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-13-04, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by das Monkey
I'm in Bizarro World!!!

I'm beginning to suspect that when I mockingly complemented 24 a few days back, I inadvertently opened a rift leading to some backward Mirror Universe. Do you now have a goatee? If anyone can here me, I must find a way home; to warn my Earth. They are not prepared for the wonders I've seen.

das

I live in Bizarro World. Nice neighborhood.
No, I'm not my own evil twin.

You should only become alarmed when I suddenly champion UPN sitcoms or films involving really fast cars.

Last edited by Pointyskull; 05-13-04 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-13-04, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

After reading your review, I feel compelled to remind the world that you and I are not related!!

Seriously, it's a good read, and those poor souls interested in this thing should definitely check it out. I still think that Japanese T-Shirt Folding video has more plot and character development, but if it makes you laugh, that's all that counts.

Thanks to both of you for taking time to write your reviews and reminding me of that long lost time in my youth where I actually had taste. I fear this will end up on my shelf by the end of the month.

das
Old 05-13-04, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by das Monkey
I fear this will end up on my shelf by the end of the month.

das

You know you want it. It calls to you......
Old 05-13-04, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• 12thmonkey •

You know you want it. It calls to you......
"Torture, torture, it pleasures me!"

das