Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

VH1 Top Ten Metal Moments

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-04, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VH1's 100 Most Metal Moments - Top Ten Revealed [Rarities - 04.05.11 17:17:47]

As reported earlier, VH1's 100 Most Metal Moments premieres on Monday, May 31 at 10:00 PM ET/PT. It is the ultimate countdown of these outrageous hard rock moments in a five-night special. Narrated by DEE SNIDER, this special reveals who shredded a live chicken onstage, who won a gross out contest with Nikki Sixx and more in each one-hour episode.

100 Most Metal Moments - The Big Ten is as follows...

10) DEF LEPPARD: Rick Allen's Arm

A triumph of the metal spirit as Def Leppard's Rick Allen, recovering from a tragic accident, becomes metal's first one-armed drummer.

9) LED ZEPPELIN: Led Zeppelin Mud Shark

The infamous incident allegedly involving Led Zeppelin, a groupie and a small marine creature sets the standard by which all metal debauchery would be measured.

8) Groupies Unite @ Metal Sludge: Metal Sludge Chart

The dedicated female followers of metal rate the manhood of metal gods on a web site. They give actual measurements, all in an effort to spread the word on which stars are worth the trouble of getting backstage to consort with.

7) OZZY vs. Nikki Sixx: Ozzy vs. Nikki Gross-Out Showdown

Ozzy Obourne and MOTLEY CRUE's Nikki Sixx engage in a revolting clash of the titans while touring together in the early '80s. The battle begins with Ozzy snorting a line of live ants and ends with him drinking Nikki's urine.

6) JUDAS PRIEST/ROB HALFORD; Rob Halford Comes Out

Much to the surprise of mulleted Judas Priest fans everywhere, frontman rob halford comes out of the closet.

5) SPINAL TAP

Metal parody "Spinal Tap" is released, adding such things as amps that go to 11 and undersized models of stonehenge to metal lore.

4) MOTLEY CRUE: The Dirt

Motley Crue release 'The Dirt,' metal's first true tell-all biography, depicting in graphic detail the band's relentless quest for pleasures of the flesh.

3) DIO: Dio's Devil Horns

One-time BLACK SABBATH frontman and solo artist Ronnie James Dio gives birth to heavy metal sign language when he popularizes the now-ubiquitous metal devil horns sign.

2) BLACK SABBATH

The fingerless man of Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi gets two fingertips cut off in an industrial accident, but still goes on to invent the sound of heavy metal guitar with Black Sabbath, thanks to a few prosthetic digits.

1) HEAR N' AID

The biggest names in metal, from Judas Priest to Motley Crue, come together in a charity recording and video for starving people in

Africa. It's rumored that pop charity types don't approve, but the song and video for 'We're Stars' stands as a stirring tribute to all things metal.

Have you seen Hear n' aid???????? It is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not just the part where they all sing together, but when they sing individually. To watch all these classic metal singers try to out metal each other, CLASSIC. Geoff Tate tries WAY to hard.

Last edited by woofman; 05-12-04 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-12-04, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hear N Aid is #1 ...

That was awful...but I guess it was very Spinal Tap 'ish...more comical than it was trying to be. Just look at the photo

Last edited by Flashback; 05-12-04 at 06:40 AM.
Old 05-12-04, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard that Dio is working on Hear N Aid 2 after he gets done with his new album Master of The Moon (no I'm not kidding, thats the name)

and ofcourse when he recovers from the garden gnome accident
Old 05-12-04, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Top Metal Moments and VH1 are two things I never thought I would see together.
Old 05-12-04, 02:29 PM
Suspended

WTF!? Oh man let me get out of this thread asap!
Old 05-12-04, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,888 Posts
6) JUDAS PRIEST/ROB HALFORD; Rob Halford Comes Out

Much to the surprise of mulleted Judas Priest fans everywhere, frontman rob halford comes out of the closet.
I have never had a mullet, and I wasn't surprised.
Old 05-12-04, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
same here.

I don't think Rob really tried too hide it too hard. His movements. His clothes. Never mattered to me though. All that mattered was the music.

The VH1 special sounds great. Can't hardly wait.

Hear N' Aid was a great thing. But #1 on this list? We need something truly debaucherous for this. I wanna hear about something like an all-out orgy between Ratt, Motley Crue, a school of nuns and farm animals.
Old 05-13-04, 01:12 AM

GG Allin laughs at these claims of outrageousness!
Old 05-13-04, 10:12 AM

I was going through my vhs tapes the other day and came across a tape a copy of MTVs "Heavy Metal Mania" with Dee Snider from 1986. It has the Making of Hear N Aid. It's about a 1/2 hour or so I guess and shows all these guys making the song. Very fun to watch. It's so cheesy, but was cool back then. What happened to our classic music of 1986? Everytime I turn on the radio, I long for the days of Dokken, Ratt, Cinderella, etc. Simpler times and much more rockin'.
Old 05-14-04, 07:09 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally posted by Josh-da-man
Hell bent for leather? Hmmm.....
Old 05-15-04, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally posted by Flashback
Hear N Aid is #1 ...

That was awful...but I guess it was very Spinal Tap 'ish...more comical than it was trying to be. Just look at the photo

What's wrong with the photo? The mopey schmucks from Dashboard Confessional and the asshats from Modest Mouse will look just as ridiculous 20 years from now.

I have a feeling the show will mostly be subtle (and not so subtle) jabs at the metal scene, so I will be skipping this.

(just for the record, though, I always thought the Hear n Aid song was pretty stupid. Some good live tracks on the album though.)
Old 05-17-04, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts
I had the video for Hear n Aid.

Hey, at least they did something positive and it was no worse than We are the ****ing world.

Kevin Dubrow tried to steal the whole show...what a dick.