Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

NBC picking up Angel for season six?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-04, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NBC picking up Angel for season six?

Fantastic Frickin’ News for “Angel” fans.
Link:
http://www.moviehole.net/news/3646.html

NBC is in negotiations to take on “Angel” for a sixth season. Yep, true. No Bullwhackies.

The network let Buffy.nu know that “It has come to our attention that there has been a vast public interest to see a return of this series. A forthcoming series is in negotiation, and NBC will go ahead with a sixth season if the public response is strong enough."

The reliability of the source has been checked with NBC Internal Documents, says the site, adding “We already know that the final meeting with angel writers and producers has been set up in a few weeks (we got the date), so you have time to show your support to these negotiations by replying to this article”.

Apparently the network’s going to keeping a close eye on the site to make sure interest keeps up.

Hip Hop Hooray.

Got to be BS?
Old 05-11-04, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
I would be shocked if a network like NBC picks up a genre program like Angel.
Old 05-11-04, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And in other news, pigs are having snowball fights in hell...

http://whedonesque.com/?comments=3883

I love the show, and I'm sorry to see it go, but c'mon! NBC?
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Good news. I hope NBC does pick it up and we get to see more of Angel next year.
DVD Talk Legend

I certainly hope it's true. Gotta be the first time a "lower tier" show has made it to an "upper tier" network?
Old 05-11-04, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Chew
I certainly hope it's true. Gotta be the first time a "lower tier" show has made it to an "upper tier" network?

Believe me - there have been plenty of stinker shows on the upper tier networks.
Old 05-11-04, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts
Are you kidding me...NBC doesn't have the patience the WB had for Angel. It will be gone in six weeks this fall if NBC picks it up...it would almost have to double it's ratings to stay on the Peacock network's lineup - and that ain't gonna happen (sorry Angel fans - it's the truth!).
Old 05-11-04, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Well, NBC did give Joey a series, so this doesn't seem out of the question.
Old 05-11-04, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This is pretty funny. I mean, if you're going to spread a rumor like this to generate hits or "save my show" interest, at least pick something realistic, like UPN or TNT or maybe FX. Buffy.nu is only good for downloads, not news. They'll print anything without checking validity or crediting the original source as long as it generates hits.

das
Old 05-11-04, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The only way I could see someone like NBC doing this is if they aired it on Friday or Saturday night. Which actually, come to think of it would not be a bad idea. The major networks have had a hard time launching new shows on those nights and getting anyone to watch. It would actually make sense to put a show with a small, devoted fan base on one of those nights because at least then you'd be guaranteed a steady amount of loyal viewers than something like "Miss Match" would get.
Old 05-11-04, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Jadzia
The only way I could see someone like NBC doing this is if they aired it on Friday or Saturday night. Which actually, come to think of it would not be a bad idea. The major networks have had a hard time launching new shows on those nights and getting anyone to watch. It would actually make sense to put a show with a small, devoted fan base on one of those nights because at least then you'd be guaranteed a steady amount of loyal viewers than something like "Miss Match" would get.

NBC can do better running Dateline and Law & Order (take your pick of which one) reruns than running Angel.
Old 05-11-04, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Red Dog •

NBC can do better running Dateline and Law & Order (take your pick of which one) reruns than running Angel.
Yep ... Law & Order reruns in crappy timeslots outperform Angel in a prime slot (by a factor of 2, and sometimes 3). Granted, the network's ability to promote said shows plays a factor in that, as Angel would surely get higher numbers on NBC than WB, but not enough to make this sound even somewhat reasonable.

das

Last edited by das Monkey; 05-11-04 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-11-04, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Red Dog
Believe me - there have been plenty of stinker shows on the upper tier networks.

I guess what I meant was: a show from a lower tier network going to one of the big three (or four).
Old 05-11-04, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Although Monk wasn't from a lower tier network it was from USA cable and seems to have done well in repeat showings on ABC.
Old 05-11-04, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
How many Monk episodes were on ABC? I counted perhaps 4 of them before these reruns were pulled for some other programming on ABC.
Old 05-11-04, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I has to be legit. Everyone knows that when the networks want to make an announcement, they go directly to third tier fansites like http://buffy.nu.

D
Old 05-11-04, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
*Chuckle* the latest from buffy.nu:

We think more and more that this news is a fake because NBC will announce his schedule May 17th, Angel staff/crew are no more available and James Marsters has no more hair !, we will try to investigate further. We are sorry in advance if we all have been fooled.
Oh well. Hee hee.
Old 05-11-04, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Translation:
We not English good but site hits many so news must see. Viva la France!
das
Old 05-11-04, 01:19 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I sure hopes this happens. I'm an avid viewer, have seen every episode at least twice, and have several comitted to memory.
Old 05-11-04, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I heard that the WB never cancelled the show and that this has all been a big joke orchistrated via Ashton Kutcher and Punk'd.
Old 05-11-04, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

We are sorry in advance if we all have been fooled.
A fine news source like Buffy.nu fooled? With all of their fact checkers? Naw.
Old 05-11-04, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk God

It would be nice if Angel did make the move to NBC. Only so we have the Law & Order/Angel crossover where Elizabeth Rohm reappears on Angel and gets killed by some vampire who seeks the blood of people who cannot act their way out of a paper bag.
Old 05-11-04, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: NBC picking up Angel for season six?

(uproarious laughter)
Old 05-11-04, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Red Dog
I am interested in seeing if the network has learned its lesson and will actually start out the fall with Dateline and Law & Order repeats, though. It seems like they get all these grandiose ideas, like "Let's put Boomtown on Friday nights!" or "Let's put this new Alicia Silverstone show with lots of buzz on Friday nights!"

Same thing with Fox and their Friday night shows. I just wish the networks wouldn't doom good shows to fail on a night when cheap programming and repeats would serve them better.
Old 05-11-04, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Jadzia

Same thing with Fox and their Friday night shows. I just wish the networks wouldn't doom good shows to fail on a night when cheap programming and repeats would serve them better.

CBS treats Friday night seriously in this respect. I think ABC does as well. NBC and FOX are another story.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.