Re: SNL 05-08 Snoop Dog and 18 year old fugly Avil Lavige

Originally posted by Exzavier00
SNL 05-08 Snoop Dog and 18 year old fugly Avil Lavige

opening =
fugly?

Who is Avil Lavige?
Old 05-08-04, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
one kiss would have been ok, but they were really going at it. and the part where he basically licked rummy's cheek was nasty
I agree with snoop on one thing. I too never want to hear a white person say nizzle
Old 05-08-04, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Argh, wasn't this stupid "Show Biz Grande Explosion" bad enough the first time they did it? The opening was just bad, the humor of the monologue was lost on me, and then "I'm just keeeding". Now a rapper who's punch-line is that he's in a wheel-chair? ........ Still 10 minutes of Mad-TV left, at least.
Old 05-08-04, 11:11 PM
Banned

Originally posted by mikehunt
one kiss would have been ok, but they were really going at it. and the part where he basically licked rummy's cheek was nasty
I agree with snoop on one thing. I too never want to hear a white person say nizzle
but its ok for black people?
i assume your black?
what about white people like eminem
Old 05-08-04, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
I think it's stupid for black people too, but getting whites to stop is a start
I'm very white, pale at times and burn easily if I go to the beach
Old 05-08-04, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

this hospital skit is one that should never get redone. I can handle the I'm just keeding one, but this is crap
Old 05-08-04, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I am going to have to disagree with everyone, with the exception of the musical guest, this episode has been great!

My favorite was the Friends Sketch with Snoop .
Old 05-08-04, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

snoop seems to do less cue card reading than the "professional" actors that normally host
cue card reading is my big pet peeve with this show. most of the hosts are horrible about it
Old 05-08-04, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: SNL 05-08 Snoop Dog and 18 year old fugly Avil Lavige

SNL 05-08 Snoop Dog and 18 year old fugly Avil Lavige

opening =
Do you even know what fugly means? She is definately not fat. Ugly? I don't think so.
Old 05-08-04, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I always thought fugly could mean 'fat and ugly' or '****in' ugly!"
Old 05-08-04, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I always thought fugly meant freaky and ugly, and during part of her performance she definitely looked freaky and a bit ugly
Old 05-08-04, 11:59 PM

but its ok for black people?
i assume your black?
what about white people like eminem
Eminem never uses the n word.

This was the first SNL that I watched in a long time. Wow has this show gotten lame. I want to rip my arms out of my sockets everytime Jimmy Fallon shows up with a guitar. I liked that Snoop didn't look like he was obviously reading from a cue card.
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I guess this means that there is no 'definitive' definition. But they all pretty much mean the same thing: A larger scale version of the ugly syndrome.

Snoop's not a bad host in my opinion. He's no worse a cue card reader than DeNiro was when he hosted (damn was he obvious) and he seems to be trying to get into the skits more than I thought he would. The Friends bit (Snoop with "The Rachel" hairdo ) and the rap battle were the best so far. Hope it didn't offend any people in wheelchairs.

Weekend Update was pretty funny as usual, especially the Clinton appearance. And Jimmy Fallon as a Vedder wannabe and a prissy Wham fan was hilarious. I actually liked his song parodies in the past and had been hoping he'd do a new one. I didn't think it was an overdone bit. I'd rather see it than another skit with the stoner college guys or the mexican talk show. The Usher parody wasn't all that great though. I like it better when he just uses the guitar. I used to think he was just copying Sandler, but Jimmy's parodies are actually pretty funny and clever.

Looks like they ran out of ideas for these last sketches Nice plug for the film, Snoop. I'm still not seeing the piece of shizzle.

Last edited by gnradd21; 05-09-04 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-09-04, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mikehunt
snoop seems to do less cue card reading than the "professional" actors that normally host
cue card reading is my big pet peeve with this show. most of the hosts are horrible about it
Did you see him during the Friends skit? It was HORRIBLE.
Old 05-09-04, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Avril was terrible.
Television watching people was funny.
Aileen was funny too.
WU was solid as usual, and I liked the Fallon montage.

Everything else was pretty weak. Snoop has a good personality and was a decent host (even if he's a reader), but the writing was so mediocre that most of it was wasted.

das
Old 05-09-04, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts
When they were doing the "High Times" parody with the "You Got Into the Polar Bear Cage - Now What?" cracked me up.
Old 05-09-04, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nope. Not good at all. Snoop Dogg was a terrible host, a flat monotone delivery and never took his eyes off of the cue card. One of the worst episodes of the year. You can tell how much a host sucks by how many times he plays himself throughout the night. The number was five for Snoop.

Rumsfeld resigns
And George Bush wants him back, Ross/Rachel style from the finale of “Friends” . Funny, and Hammond (Rumsfeld) and Forte (GWB) had the pop of the night with a big kiss that even shook Hammond up for a second.

Monologue
Bizarre, as Snoop comes out with the SNL females chanting. He then goes into a diatribe about the usage of “-izzle”. Haha, white people are SO lame!

Mom Jeans ad
The perfect jeans for the round ass of a mother. These pretaped ads are very well done.

Fericito
Ay, dios mio! Me gusto Fericito! He interviews….Snoop Dogg, who seems to be half-asleep. “Up next is Keifer Sutherland from Veinte Y Cuatro!”

Rap Battle
Snoop wins a rap battle due to the fact that he raps about being in a wheelchair. Then, out comes the Fat Albert Nitwit in his own wheelchair, and Snoop ends the scene and starts a real rap. Do the SNL writers wear ski masks when they pick up their paychecks?

Movie Studio
Rachel Dratch’s old movie mogul character returns as Snoop pitches a booty movie. Not bad, Dratch was very good.

ABC
Promos for upcoming ABC makeover shows. About what you’d expect. Quick laugh with two women exchanging noses with bloody hands. Went about five promos too long.

Snoop party
Snoop depressed at a party because he misses “Friends”. This was Snoop’s best performance of the night, which isn’t saying much.

Weekend Update
Another visit by Hammond as Clinton, which is slow death. No funny jokes here at all this week.

Appalachian ER
Backwoods folk in the hospital for a variety of reasons. At least the third time this bit has been done this season.

TV Funhouse
Potheads choose what they would like to see; a dog walking people, a balloon animal twisting people, you get the picture.

Angel Dust Magazine
A quick bit, the title is self-explanatory.

Mother’s Day greeting
Snoop reads a poem to his mother. Terrible.

Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen next week for the finale. The whole season is over already?
Old 05-09-04, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, a couple of those article ideas were pretty funny.

das
Old 05-09-04, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

can't believe they didn't have Amy do her Avil impersonation
Old 05-09-04, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Do you guys really have high hopes/expectations for SNL? It hasn't been good in years.
Old 05-09-04, 01:53 AM

Received 772 Likes on 504 Posts
The only thing that saves Applachian ER each time is Chris Parnell's hillbilly with stuff up his butt... this time it was Stretch Armstrong...

"Everytime I try to pull it out, it snaps back up a further than before..."
Old 05-09-04, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Do you guys really have high hopes/expectations for SNL? It hasn't been good in years.
When there is a host who is willing to give his all (say Ben Affleck), then I'm expecting a decent SNL.

When not, then no.
Old 05-09-04, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Re: Re: SNL 05-08 Snoop Dog and 18 year old fugly Avil Lavige

Originally posted by NaturalMystic79
Do you even know what fugly means? She is definately not fat. Ugly? I don't think so.

The defense rest it's case and the jury take little time to decide that yes.. she is Fugly.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.