Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official the Punisher rocked all kinds of Sweetness thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-04, 03:19 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just saw the Punisher and i really liked it

Nice and gritty, not actioned packed but never dull

Some cool characters, loved the neighbours

Thomas Jane was pretty good, very sexy

John Travolta was predictable but effective

Rebecca Romijin looked good even dressed as trailer park trash

and Roy Schneider !
Old 05-07-04, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[img - timeline.jpg]

How far back do you guys get films down under?
Old 05-07-04, 05:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Punisher did kick ass!
Old 05-07-04, 05:35 AM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
[img - timeline.jpg]

How far back do you guys get films down under?
it's not even out yet, is released over here in a few months, i just waited for a release which was Propered and good that's all
Old 05-07-04, 07:51 AM
MSD

This movie was pretty bad. Jane was horrible especially when he spoke and Travolta was crap as usual. Also the neighbours were extremely annoying and just took away from the flick.
Old 05-07-04, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only good thing Jane did in relation to 'The Punisher' movie was his cycle of steroids. A 30 something actor putting on 30 lbs of muscle in 6 months. Yeah, right!
Old 05-07-04, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Um no it didn't.
Old 05-07-04, 10:51 AM
MSD

Attention: I don't really care.

Last edited by MSD; 05-08-04 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-07-04, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I thought it rocked too! Wish it made more $$$ They released it at such a shitty time.

Last edited by Get Me Coffee; 09-07-04 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-07-04, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The movie LITERALLY ranks in my top 10 ALL-TIME WORSTE movies I've ever seen in my life. It was pure torture sitting through this piece of garbage. I felt personally insulted that the studios would subject people to this type of rehashed garbage.
Old 05-07-04, 04:38 PM

Originally posted by Sessa17
The movie LITERALLY ranks in my top 10 ALL-TIME WORSTE movies I've ever seen in my life. It was pure torture sitting through this piece of garbage. I felt personally insulted that the studios would subject people to this type of rehashed garbage.
I felt personally insulted being subjected to your rehashed garbage post. At no point in your rambling, did you even come close to an intelligent thought. I award you no points, may God have mercy on your soul.
Old 05-07-04, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Get Me Coffee
I felt personally insulted being subjected to your rehashed garbage post. At no point in your rambling, did you even come close to an intelligent thought. I award you no points, may God have mercy on your soul.
I usually hate posts like mine also, but it's one of those movies where I've ranted about it so many times, I didn't feel like typing all my problems w/ the movie.

I hate SOOO many movies other people love, I can't help it, but I'm pretty fair, I can almost always see why people enjoy them. The Punisher I cannot see even the slightest thing enjoyable about the movie. For one, Thomas Jane was AWFUL, the Punisher is suppose to strike fear into a man the second he sees him, Jane looked like he was going to cry in every single scene & his digitized voiced to make him sound raspy & badass was just laughable. The action was the most bland, bromide, redundant action I've ever seen. Trovolta was about as cliched & boring of a bad guy as you can get & I am a pretty big Trovolta fan. The acting all-around was some of the worst IMO ever commited to a big budget movie. Rebecca Romijn looked SOOOO out of place in the movie, her two roomates were the single two most annoying characters I've ever seen. Where on earth does the Punisher get all of his weapons from, the guy get's shot in the shoulder, leg, the crap beat out of him & then POINT BLANK IN THE CHEST & LIVES, he is a highly decorated FBI agent who has his entire family slaughtered, the house is bordered up & vacant afterwards yet they live the guns & ammunition in the house, EVERY SINGLE TIME THERE IS ACTION IN THE MOVIE, BUILDINGS BLOWN UP, BROKEN INTO, CAR CHASES, MASSIVE KILLINGS THERE IS NOT ONE COP AROUND OR EVEN ANYONE AROUND IN DOWNTOWN MODERN MIAMI CITY. The music was sOOO bad, the cheezy lightning & thunder going off every time Trovolta said a line. . . OH my god, I can go on & on with how stupid this movie was. And I love good mindless action movies but I really felt this movie was insulting. Like the stuidos feel they can throw out any mindless action movie out there & hope people will eat it up. Luckily the movie tanked.
Old 05-07-04, 06:02 PM

Originally posted by Sessa17
I usually hate posts like mine also, but it's one of those movies where I've ranted about it so many times, I didn't feel like typing all my problems w/ the movie.
I was just busting your balls.
Old 05-07-04, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Get Me Coffee
I was just busting your balls.
I know, and I deserved it

I really do hate posts that just bash a movie though & never explain why. That's why I explained my feelings.
Old 05-07-04, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

After everything I read I was going to skip this movie, and I'm a huge fan of the Punisher comics. I saw it about a week ago and I absolutely loved it. I'm glad I let myself form my own opinion instead of the opinions of others.
Old 05-08-04, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked the flick. I found it to be a fun and yet totally cheesy b-action flick. It's not a great film in any sense, but I thought what was presented was enjoyable and I would consider buying the DVD.
Old 05-08-04, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

IMO it was ok but they did a terrible job casting,im a big fan of the comic's and have issue's 1-100 and thought the story was there just everything else failed.
Old 05-08-04, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
To defend des, I loved the punisher. It was good ol' fashion 80's shoot em up cheese.
Old 05-08-04, 09:35 PM

Jackieboy's always got my back

admit it mate, your just an American, not quite as good looking but still ruggedly handsome version of me
Old 05-08-04, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Original Desmond
Jackieboy's always got my back

admit it mate, your just an American, not quite as good looking but still ruggedly handsome version of me
Jackskeleton doesn't hate America though?
Old 05-08-04, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Punisher does rock. Its cheesy in a good way. I think its a great example of how to do cheese right.

If you want to see an example how to be cheesy in a horrible way, go see Van Helsing
Old 05-09-04, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by RyoHazuki
Jackskeleton doesn't hate America though?
i don't either, i just hate Bush

i love American women, they have nice vaginas
Old 05-09-04, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Thomas Jane made a perfect Punisher if you ask me. He had the "normal guy" look with that edgy side that the punishers' years in nam (in this case desert storm) would have added.

Great casting and I can't wait for the sequel with jigsaw.
Old 09-07-04, 11:16 PM

Punisher DVD is awesome. My brother and I sat down and watched it today, and boy were we pleased to see the out come! I just hope Punisher 2 becomes a reality with Tom Jane! This guy is the punisher! He couldn't have acted better, he was perfect!
Old 09-08-04, 01:25 AM

I saw it today. I thought the dialogue was terrible. Almost didn't recognize Kevin Nash.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.