Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

When the heck is King of the Hill Season Three coming out?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-04, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Got-dangit, the insert in the Season Two set said Season Three was coming in Spring 2004, but I have yet to see a release date. This delay is really irritating me, I tell you what.

Anyone hear when this is coming out?
Old 05-06-04, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I read a thread at HTF that there are clearance issues with the music. As of right now, there is no release date scheduled.
Old 05-06-04, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Noo!
Old 05-06-04, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn whats taking so long im holding off on gettin season 2 so when 3 comes out ill get a good deal on both same time. O well 6:30 every day is going to have to do for now ill tell you what man hehe
Old 05-09-04, 02:09 PM

I would suggest just getting season 2 now -- as I said on HTF, since Malcolm in the Middle has been held up over a year because of music clearances, there's no telling how long KotH could be held up.

Personally I wish they'd just tastefully change a few songs and get it out. There were a few songs that have to be in there (like "Life in a Northern Town"), but much of the rest is just background noise playing on radios and the like. It's infuriating that the show may remain in limbo forever because of that stuff. Grr. Must kick something now.
Old 05-09-04, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When shows are originally made, what exactly do they do that causes the 'music' to not be legally used just a few years later? I don't understand.

You'd think that the studios would negotiate things better so there wouldn't be a holdup upon wanting to release it.
Old 05-09-04, 02:51 PM

When shows are originally made, what exactly do they do that causes the 'music' to not be legally used just a few years later? I don't understand.
Pretty simple: they clear the rights for the use of the song in the network broadcast, and possibly in syndication. Shows did not, as a rule, pay to clear the songs for home video release, because they never thought there would be a home video release.

With shows being made now, they probably make sure in advance that the songs they use can also be used in a subsequent DVD. With shows made before TV-on-DVD, there's no such arrangement and songs have to be cleared all over again for home video.
Old 05-10-04, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
My desire for this DVD burns like the popane in my urethra.
Old 05-10-04, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
I've reached the stage of fandom where I only pass on an episode if I've seen it more than three times.
Old 06-21-04, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I need it any word?? I'm gettin tired of my current propane and propane accessories and need a new batch.
Old 06-21-04, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Cedrock
damn whats taking so long im holding off on gettin season 2 so when 3 comes out ill get a good deal on both same time.
Amen to that. I was kinda disappointed that KOTH wasn't part of last week's animated sitcom sale at Best Buy to celebrate Simpsons season 4.
Old 06-21-04, 09:29 PM
SJL

Really disappointed that it has taken this long, and that there's no release date on the horizon.

Been a long time between drinks.
Old 06-21-04, 11:13 PM

There was a rumor posted elsewhere (by someone who had talked to someone at Fox) that Fox was "fairly confident" that they could clear up the music issue and get season 3 out by the end of this year.

I wrote to Fox PR to ask whether this was true; they wouldn't confirm or deny, but just replied: "It's not on the official release schedule yet. When it is, we will make an official announcement. Thanks." The PR person also added: "I promise you that it [season 3] is in the works."
Old 06-22-04, 12:11 AM

I too have heard rumors that season 3, and maybe 4 as well, will be out by the end of the year. Can't confirm it of course, but I have heard this from a few different sources.
Old 06-22-04, 04:54 AM
Banned

man...I really want these DVD's...
Old 06-22-04, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

It's really a shame this is being held off. But the delays on this and the next season of Friends and all that hooplah, is a good thing because it gives me a chance to catch up and buy all this other 'tv on dvd' stuff coming out this summer, South Park, GI Joe Season 1 Part 2, Six Feet Under Season 2, Simpsons Season 4, Dick Van Dyke Season 5, etc etc.
Old 07-05-04, 01:42 PM

According to TV Shows on DVD , it should be coming out in November or December.
Old 07-06-04, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

That's good news. It's a great show and I've really been hoping they'd move along with this. But as I said before... it's been giving me a chance to catch up....
Old 08-23-04, 08:27 PM

Ho yeah! Season 3 comes out, finally, on December 28. Yeah, right after Christmas. To misquote Peggy Hill, "In my opinion, the Tuesday after Christmas is not the biggest shopping day of the year." And let's hope there will be some extras, even at the low price point.

But at least it's coming out, at last; probably the best season of the show, featuring such classic episodes as:

- Bobby falls in love with an older girl voiced by Sarah Michelle Gellar (this episode won the Emmy for best animated show)
- Hank goes for a "dolphin encounter" and the dolphin sexually assaults him (Billy West guest-voices)
- Hank and Peggy, to teach Bobby a lesson, tell Bobby that he got Luanne pregnant and that he has to marry her (Kahn: "Bobby Hillbilly marrying hillbilly cousin! It's finally happening! You owe me five bucks!")
- Hank and his buddies become volunteer firefighters and wind up wrecking everything in sight (an episode that proves that KotH can do wacky slapstick as well as anybody)
Old 08-24-04, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Do any of you KOTH fans know what episode it is that Hank calls Peggy a "dirt baby" while giving her a hard time for crying?
Old 08-24-04, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by new2theplace
Do any of you KOTH fans know what episode it is that Hank calls Peggy a "dirt baby" while giving her a hard time for crying?
The Boggle episode from season 1..?
Old 08-25-04, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by PixyJunket
The Boggle episode from season 1..?

I think that's it! I've always thought that it was one of the baseball episodes (teams, competition, the agony of defeat, etc) but it may just have been the Boggle one.

Thanks, I'm going to go see if I can find a quote. I've always remembered that sequence and it still makes me laugh. Sometimes I like to call people 'dirt baby' when they're whining about something, but nobody ever knows WTH I'm talking about.

Thanks
Old 08-25-04, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
He called her a dirt baby? I thought it was just a baby.
Old 08-26-04, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by majorjoe23
He called her a dirt baby? I thought it was just a baby.
Indeed. He doesn't ever call her a dirt-baby, that's just how I remembered it from 1997. But thanks to PixyJunket, my search is over and my memory is refreshed:

PEGGY : I am so stupid.
HANK : You're not stupid. Heck, you're smarter than me!
PEGGY : Oh, big deal.
HANK : Well, you're smarter than anyone in Arlen.
PEGGY : Well, whoop-dee-doo! I am the smartest hillbilly in hillbilly town!
HANK : Hey, you know, Coach used to say something that would fire us up when we were behind.
PEGGY : Yeah? What?
HANK : LOSER! YOU'RE A LOSER! ARE YOU FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF? WELL, YOU SHOULD BE! YOU ARE DIRT! YOU MAKE ME SICK, YOU BIG BABY! BABY WANT A BOTTLE? A BIG DIRT BOTTLE!?
PEGGY : Why are you yelling at me??
HANK : Uh, I'm trying to be your Coach. Uh, it's, it's inspiring.
PEGGY : Well, thank you, because I feel worse than ever.
HANK : Well, it worked for the team.
PEGGY : No, it didn't. You went to state and lost.

"BABY WANT A BOTTLE? A BIG DIRT BOTTLE!?" Freakin' brilliant!
Old 09-01-04, 01:26 AM

What season has the episode where Bobby learns "self defense" and kicks Hank in the crotch? I think that's the funniest episode I ever saw on the show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.