Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Dracula - The Legacy Collection (Dracula / Dracula's Daughter / Son of / House o

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk review of 'Dracula - The Legacy Collection (Dracula / Dracula's Daughter / Son of / House o

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-04, 11:15 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings -

I'm new here, and apologize if this has already been addressed, but ...
I read John Sinnott's DVD review of Dracula - The Legacy Collection (Dracula / Dracula's Daughter / Son of / House of) at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=10477 and...
wonder if anyone can tell me why there's missing audio on DRACULA: specifically, Dracula's moans as he's being staked by Van Helsing. On the alternate audio track, David Skal's commentary mentions Universal restoring them after nearly sixty years and, sure enough, there are three distinct moans as Harker looks at the off-screen staking. Yet on the main audio track, there's only the single moan which has been there for decades. Just wondering why they're on the alternate track - where Mr Skal specifically calls attention to them - but not on the main track.
Old 05-06-04, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been reported elsewhere that in an attempt to restore a missing musical cue somewhere in the film, Universal used an old soundtrack that didn't have the moans on it.