Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Moving with widescreen TV - recommendations?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-04, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In just a couple of weeks, I'm moving cross-country (from Maryland to California), and I'm grappling with what to do about my widescreen TV. On the one hand, I've heard that they're very delicate and that the movers could mess it up, and then not be interested in paying for replacing it; on the other hand, I really like this TV and don't want to go to the hassle of selling it and buying a new one if I could just move this one to my new house.

Any suggestions? Either on the sell vs. move question, or on how to ensure that the TV gets moved safely? We'll be using a moving company, not doing it ourselves.

The TV is a Mitsubishi WS-55807 55-inch widescreen rear-projection TV.

Thanks!
Old 05-04-04, 08:05 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
There was another thread in here several months ago about that discussed methods of moving a widescreen.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=349352
Old 05-05-04, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I moved from Ohio to Scotland two years ago with my Pioneer Widescreen. I was a bit worried about damage as well, but it held up. probably a little different by ship rather than road, but i would think your TV will be OK. If it is packed properly by a professional moving company, it will be fine. I assume that you will have some sort of insurance? The moving company should take some responsibility for damaged goods, but won't pay the true value.