Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor Clues in Finale Ad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-04, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Survivor Clues in Finale Ad?

If you look at the advertisement for the finale of Survivor: All Stars, there MAY be some clues to the final two in the ad (which can be seen in the latest Entertainment Weekly, among other magazines).

Each of the remaining contestants have their name written in the sand...but Shi-Ann's has some water washed up on her name (she's already been voted out) and so has Jenna (maybe being voted out this week?).

The three names furthest away from the water are (from left to right) Rob, Amber and Rupert - and Rob has a conch shell in between his and Amber's name - indicating they may be the final two.

Anyone think this may be a hint?
Old 05-03-04, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a good clue to me. I also suspected the final 2 will either be Rob/Amber pair or Rob/Rupert.
Old 05-03-04, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,734 Likes on 1,887 Posts
Well, when Alicia was on one of the morning shows, she said
Spoiler:
that she promised Rob she wouldn't write his name down, and that she kept her promise. Which might indicate that Rob made final two... or might indicate he didn't make it at all.

And then, on the Survivor 7 reunion show
Spoiler:
Rupert, who had just returned from taping All-Stars, seemed mighty pleased with himself and his performance. Which, he did make it further this time, but considering how embittered he was during the S7 tribal councils, he seemed to be in rather high spirits for someone who was just voted off for a second time.
Old 05-03-04, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw the ad, and I must say that I doubt it has anything to do with the order in which the remaining players finish. One thing you failed to mention is that Kathy is also listed on the ad.
Old 05-03-04, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even funnier is the fact that Alicia's star doesn't even appear in the ad. Maybe CBS didn't think she deserved to be an All-Star either.