Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Party of Five - Info about extras, and Season 2 info!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-04, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From tvshowsondvd.com......

With the first season of Party of Five only a day away we thought fans would like to know a bit more about the extras included on the set.

Commentary Tracks - There are 3 episodes with 2 commentaries each (6 total). The episodes are: "Pilot," "Thanksgiving" and "The Ides of March." The cast will be on one track and Amy Lippman & Christopher Keyser will be on the other.

Featurette - "Party of Five: A Look Back" - This is a 9 part featurette examining the show. Here are the titles and the length of each one: "How It All Began" (4:55), "The Cast" (9:46), "A Happy Place" (6:56), "Dogs & Babies" (5:00), "Fan Mail" (6:03), "The Show Hits its Stride" (4:31), "The Golden Globes" (7:01), "Remembering Party of Five" (8:44) and "Party of Five Abroad" (6:02). The total length for this featurette is 58:58.

Party of Five: A Family Album - This featurette (22 mins) includes some early material (screen tests) and interviews with the cast about how they got the job and what it was like on set.

We saved the best news for last. Columbia TriStar has informed us that they're already working on the second season and plan to have it released on November 16. I know there are people unwilling to pick up the first season of a series until they see some commitment from the studio to release the entire run, so there you have it. Columbia TriStar is serious about Party of Five, so now you can pick it up knowing that they're already hard at work on the second season. Great news!

Great Job Columbia!!!!
Old 05-03-04, 10:37 AM
Banned

Nice, I'm probably getting this tomorrow or today if it comes out today
Old 05-03-04, 11:40 AM

Great news that Season 2 is already in the works. Been waiting for Party of Five to come out on DVD for years now. Keep up the good work Columbia!!!!!!
Old 05-07-04, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I find myself crying pretty much non-stop through many of the first episodes. Maybe because I have my own family now. I just finished Kiss Me, Kate. Because the show wasn't really played much in sydnication, it's so strange seeing these shows again. Sometimes, it takes me 20 minutes and until I reach a certain scene before I remember for sure that I saw it before. I know I'm going to flip out when I get to the Thanksgiving episode and when you know who (Jill) does you know what (I won't say, but it's really sad).

Wish they had Neve for the commentaries, but Matthew, Scott, and Lacey all together is actually more that I expected. Scott and the rest of the cast really seem so genuine about how much they loved doing that show and how much it means to them. The extra feature of about an hour, with Neve but without Matthew, was very nice.

I miss the Salingers and I hope it quietly (or loudly) sells more and that more people who were fans go out and get the dvds.

Can't wait for season two. My red, puffy eyes may be back to normal and ready to go by then.
Old 05-09-04, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good to hear season 2 is in the works.
Old 05-12-04, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just finished watching Season 1 and loved every minute of it

Does anyone know why Matthew Fox (Charlie) was not in the new "Party of Five: A Look Back" featurette? He was in the "Family Album" featurette, but this is an old featurette.
Old 07-19-04, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From TVShowsOnDVD.com:
Remember this news we brought you in May? We received word that Columbia TriStar had already scheduled season 2 for release on November 16th, but now they inform us that the title has been moved off the schedule for the time being. This doesn't mean the set has been cancelled, but it's not currently scheduled.

Bummer!
Old 07-19-04, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-04, 08:25 PM

Man, it's gonna take 10 years for the six seasons of this show to be published!

It seems like Columbia Tristar is focusing more of their efforts on situation comedies.
Old 07-19-04, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This sucks...i wonder if sales were lower than they expected
Old 07-20-04, 03:03 PM

I've got a question regarding Season 1. I could start a new thread but i'll try here first. I'm wanting to pick this set up, but i've noticed from BM and online retailers, that there seems to be two packages. Might anyone know what the difference is? The two look almost exactly alike, but one has a red border, and one has a blue border. They are both fullscreen though according to the boxes. Any insight?

thanks
Old 07-20-04, 05:45 PM

The only set out there is the one with the blue border packaging.

Columbia Tristar had a contest where viewers could select the winning cover over here.

Of course, the interior shot won as you can you on the published season one set. I haven't seen any red border boxes in B&M stores. If this version was out there, I definitely would have purchased it since the color does a better job of complimenting the picture.

For some insane reason, the border color was changed to that horrid blue at time of packaging, which is a real shame since it clashes so sharply with the cover art.

My guess is that some online retailers are still showing the original red border cases since they had probably received picture information before the actual sets and never updated the pics on their website.
Old 07-20-04, 06:31 PM

Originally posted by Barings
The only set out there is the one with the blue border packaging.

Columbia Tristar had a contest where viewers could select the winning cover over here.

Of course, the interior shot won as you can you on the published season one set. I haven't seen any red border boxes in B&M stores. If this version was out there, I definitely would have purchased it since the color does a better job of complimenting the picture.

For some insane reason, the border color was changed to that horrid blue at time of packaging, which is a real shame since it clashes so sharply with the cover art.

My guess is that some online retailers are still showing the original red border cases since they had probably received picture information before the actual sets and never updated the pics on their website.
Ah thats the info I was looking for, thanks so much Barings

Z
Old 07-21-04, 02:38 AM

I was a huge fan of Party of Five and would love to pick up season one on DVD. I don't visit this forum often, or other movie/DVD forums often because the bulk of my dvd purchases are anime, so I wasn't aware the first season was even released. Did Columbia Tristar do much advertising? Guess I'll need to add this title to my wish list.
Old 04-14-05, 06:04 PM

Party of Five Season 2 is coming soon

Just bought my copy of All In The Family Season 4 DVD set (4/14/05). Along with the booklet was an a small catalog showing current and upcoming releases. Saw cover art for Party of Five Season 2! Stated "Coming Soon." At least we know it's coming but actually when is still a mystery.
Old 04-15-05, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, that is promising! When I opened this thread and saw how old it was, I was prepared for a big disappointment, expecting a post like "Any news about this?". I have a few episodes left unwatched on my first season set; I was kind of hoping to have Season 2 on the way before I watched them so I could flow right into the new season.