Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

DVDHeaven.com (Korean DVD Store)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-04, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since there have been questions all over about this store in a few different threads, I thought it might be a good idea for there to be a thread for DVDHeaven.

They seem to have some really good prices, and I am thinking about ordering a few different things from there.

To someone who has ordered, do they charge you when you place your order or right before it ships? I am thinking about placing an order which will contain some pre-release items..
Old 04-22-04, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would contact their cs people. I heard they not only speak English, but they respond fairly quickly.
Old 04-22-04, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I told you that. Just an example, here is their email message to me last week:

Dear Bill Geiger,

Nice to communicate with you and thank you for your visit to our site.

I cancelled your order now.
And you can use paypal payment with your paypal account. ^^

By the way, the estimated shipping date with cheapest dilivery method is about 10 days.
For example, we send our goods to Europe within 7~10 days...

I hope you enjoy our website and korean dvds...
Thanks...

Best Regards,
Hyo Min Song
=======================
Marketing Team Manager
DVDheaven
-----------------------
Tel : 82-2-455-9861

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2004 1:45 PM
Subject: Cancel & A Question

Please cancel this order (20040417871). I apologize as I did not mean to create an order just yet.

I do have a question or two however. I live in the United States. I have paypal. Is that okay? Secondly, what is the estimated shipping time from Korea to the US. In the past, during my shopping experience with Koreandvds.com, I was able to receive my packages via air mail (cheapest rate) within 7-14 days. Is that somewhat correct in your estimation? Thanks and again I apologize for the false order.

Bill Geiger
Old 04-22-04, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sounds good, waiting for a reply now.
Old 04-22-04, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They just responded. It sounds like they only accept paypal (atleast thats what he told me), so the second you order, you are charged. I guess I will be waiting to place my order then.
Old 04-22-04, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I don't know if I can trust this site yet cuz they came here earlier this week and spammed the forum (the mod cleaned it up).
Old 04-22-04, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Trigger
I don't know if I can trust this site yet cuz they came here earlier this week and spammed the forum (the mod cleaned it up).
Between that and only accepting Paypal and Bank transfers for payment, I will be waiting to hear from some fellow dvdtalkers who ordered with good results.
Old 04-22-04, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by flashburn
Between that and only accepting Paypal and Bank transfers for payment, I will be waiting to hear from some fellow dvdtalkers who ordered with good results.
I was going to pick up Il Mare and My Sassy Girl and the price with shipping was only $5 less than yesasia. Having to wait a month for my stuff to be delivered is not worth it...
Old 04-22-04, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That was a site from Thai site I believe. I know I reported that. Posting name was Jayda.
Old 04-22-04, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Could be thinkin about the same thing, but I think this site did it too.

edit: It was the early early morning of the 19th in the Wonderful Days thread and the Il Mare thread and I think the person even started another thread. I reported it when I saw it, but the mods removed the posts and everything.

Last edited by Trigger; 04-22-04 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-23-04, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

edit: It was the early early morning of the 19th in the Wonderful Days thread and the Il Mare thread and I think the person even started another thread. I reported it when I saw it, but the mods removed the posts and everything.
Can anyone else confirm they did this? I mean, it's not HORRIBLE if they did spam the boards, but it is against the rules. You can't blame a site for wanting to promote their site. Plus, lengthy Terms of Service when English isn't your native language can be daunting.

I hope they are legit.
Old 04-23-04, 06:43 AM
Banned

If Korea would release some more titles I'm interested in...I'll be the guinea pig. Cept right now I have a $24 credit to korean dvd's so...not totally likely i'd bite immediately.
Old 04-23-04, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DrGerbil
I was going to pick up Il Mare and My Sassy Girl and the price with shipping was only $5 less than yesasia. Having to wait a month for my stuff to be delivered is not worth it...
No way anyone can fault you there.
Old 04-23-04, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was planning on doing a small order to see how they were, until I got to the shipping page. They want $35 for the cheapest shipping, for 4 DVDS.

edit: They also rip their dvd info of of yesasia.com

http://www.dvdheaven.com/list_detail...t02=1&idx=2474

" Korean action-packed movie of "Volcano High" finally arrives at YesAsia.com! "

Last edited by flashburn; 04-23-04 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-23-04, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

screw them then...
Old 04-23-04, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was planning on doing a small order to see how they were, until I got to the shipping page. They want $35 for the cheapest shipping, for 4 DVDS.

" Korean action-packed movie of "Volcano High" finally arrives at YesAsia.com! "
That's very interesting, perhaps they are just lazy? As for the shipping, you'd be better off making two separate orders. I don't recall their shipping being that high... I thought it was $9 for two DVDs and around $14 up to 4. In any case, i'm going to hold off until I get some feedback...

Last edited by DrGerbil; 04-23-04 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-23-04, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, their shipping costs seem to be too damn steep for me.
Good thing I'm actually going to Korea tomorrow! Haha.
Old 04-23-04, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 04-24-04, 05:06 AM
Mod Emeritus

<small>
Originally posted by DVDude!
Can anyone else confirm they did this? I mean, it's not HORRIBLE if they did spam the boards, but it is against the rules.
</small>While I cannot make any definitive comment as to legitimacy or otherwise, reading this thread does tend to point in a particular direction: as always, I'd say this must be a personal choice based on one's own judgement and observations.

Edit: to remove reference to another self-advertiser who "self-cleaned" before administrative action was taken.

Last edited by benedict; 04-24-04 at 07:31 AM.
Old 04-24-04, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well then - in that case... if it was a self-clean, then I'll let that slide. Still - I'm gonna wait before I order anything from them. They also need to work on their shipping prices.
Old 04-24-04, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

<small>Originally posted by benedict
I believe that there was an element of self-cleanup here i.e. the poster edited a thread and apologised before I got to it. We have had apologies before, however, that went bad.

While I cannot make any definitive comment as to legitimacy or otherwise, reading this thread does tend to point in a particular direction: as always, I'd say this must be a personal choice based on one's own judgement and observations. </small>
Thanks for the reply clarifying the "self-cleanup," benedict. Yeah, I know what you're saying: buyer beware.

In addition, I hadn't realized that the shipping was rather high. When I placed my first order with KoreanDVDs.com, it was $9.95 for six titles. I haven't even checked what shipping would be at DVDHeaven for six. I have more than that in my Wish List already.
Old 04-24-04, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Regarding the self cleanup...it was not DVDHeaven as I stated previously. The site in question started with jayda...jaydaentertainment or something. It was a Thai site.
Old 04-24-04, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Bill Geiger
Regarding the self cleanup...it was not DVDHeaven as I stated previously. The site in question started with jayda...jaydaentertainment or something. It was a Thai site.
I confused now. Wobbly. Head hurts.

Someone wanna place an order with DVDHeaven? I would, but I'm poor.