Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Nashville Star 05/17

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-04, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nashville Star 05/17

Anyone still watching this show?

I admire how USA avoids the temptaion of squeezing every possible minute out of this show.

Any thoughts on who the winner will be? I think they're all pretty good.
Old 04-21-04, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Nashville Star 05/17

Originally posted by shaggybrown
Anyone still watching this show?

I admire how USA avoids the temptaion of squeezing every possible minute out of this show.

Any thoughts on who the winner will be? I think they're all pretty good.
I think the odds-on favorite has to be Brad Cotter. I think he's outstanding, and "his" original song was incredible. But George Canyon could pull it out. It'll come down to those two, at the very least. But the great thing about these last few episodes is that I like all of the remaining contestants.
Old 04-21-04, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Brad's has the more instantly identifiable voice out of the remaining contestants (I don't count Matt because he really is just an opening warm-up act).

Lance wants it too much (plus I don't really like his overly country twang), and George might be too emotional in spite of his Captain Sternn looks in his "discuss" sequences before each song he sings.

So I'm giving the edge to Brad as well in the competition.

I did like Jennifer, and she had the most identifiable female voice in the competition, but she was just a bit too dainty against all of the male singers.
Old 04-21-04, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
Brad's has the more instantly identifiable voice out of the remaining contestants (I don't count Matt because he really is just an opening warm-up act).

Lance wants it too much (plus I don't really like his overly country twang), and George might be too emotional in spite of his Captain Sternn looks in his "discuss" sequences before each song he sings.

So I'm giving the edge to Brad as well in the competition.

I did like Jennifer, and she had the most identifiable female voice in the competition, but she was just a bit too dainty against all of the male singers.
I'd agree with this, probably with the exception of Jennifer.

I think that George, Jennifer, and Lance (most notably with a rather blatant Merle Haggard sound) all sound like someone else. Matt is what he is, and that's not a strong singer.

Brad is, IMO, in a league of his own. But many times in these types of shows voting can punish the favorite, so it's hard to guess.
Old 04-21-04, 12:47 PM

Myself, I like George and Lance. I think George will win it, based on a cmination of talent and good looks. Lance looks like a goober but he can sing well and writes even better. Good thing thsi is Nashville Star, where most folks will apreciate his twang.

I always figured Brad more for a Don Henly - Eagles style of country. The Diet Coke of Country music if you will.