Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

How Bad Are The Workers At Best Buy

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-04, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the workers at Best Buy are dumbest employees of any store in the United States. They make up rules when it comes to Price Matches and it takes them hours to operate a register. They have to call over people to solve problems and those workers are just as stupid. Best Buy is the worst store and their employees were hired straight from the streets.

Whatever you do; dont ever buy from Best Buy Again.

Anyone else share my frustration?
Old 04-20-04, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

[Obligatory] Nice bargain [/Obligatory]
Old 04-20-04, 08:27 PM

Yeah I hate best buy too. On the other hand, I'm a slave to their reward zone.
Old 04-20-04, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not only are the employees in the store incompetent, but at corporate they are lazy too,.. I'm still waiting for my reward coupons!!
Old 04-20-04, 09:00 PM

I only make simple purchases that do not require complex human interaction. In the rare and unfortunate situations that I have to make a return, they have been incompetent.

I waited for a salesperson for 45 minutes on a computer deal and ended up walking out after lack of service. I ended up buying somewhere else.

Hope you guys have better luck than me.
Old 04-20-04, 09:02 PM

WORST STORE EVER...100% AGREE WITH YOU! Just try returning something WITH a receipt. They look at you and treat customers like sh-t. You will always hear someone arguing with a cashier.

I stopped shopping at this rude place over 5 years ago. I have purchased really big ticket items and am VERY happy they got zero business from me and the company I work AND shop for!
Old 04-20-04, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys are pathetic.

No matter how much you cry and whine, you always go back. They're the number one retailer in this nation and there's a reason why.

Last edited by Tarantino; 04-20-04 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-20-04, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
the times I did have to pricematch, I had no problem at all. took all of 5 minutes.
Old 04-20-04, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
No problems here.
Old 04-20-04, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, I love them.

You guys DO realize that it's not like there's a "Best Buy Employees Ranch" somewhere in Montana, in which all employees are pulled from, right? It's just like ANY retail chain, some stores will have horrible service and incompetence and some will be fine.

Rants and raves and saying "never shop at Best Buy" are pointless.
Old 04-21-04, 12:38 AM

I ordered Master & Commander online and tried the pick-up option. I go there on my lunch break to pick it up. I just knew it wasn't gonna work out. They put aside the regular version and when I told the employee I had paid for the special edition, it seemed like she had just had a brain freeze. After she had to look it up to make sure I wasn't making this up, even though everything was printed clearly on the paper I printed out, she seemed to understand the predicament. After some time she came to the conclusion that they were sold out. She said they only got in six copies of it (in NYC?!). Her remedy was to refund it. Wow, thanks. How'd you know I wanted to walk across the park in abnormally warm weather, sucking in car fumes, wasting my time, having five minutes for lunch, and receiving a piece of paper saying that I paid $30 for nothing? Okay, so I get home and try to order it online, vowing to never do the whole pick-up thing. D'oh!! Sold out!! If it wasn't for the bonus disc, I would have went my normal route and gone DDD, where the prices are great as is the customer service. Best Buy's namesake says it all. There's no mention of customer service. I so wanted to take it out on the woman behind the counter, but I know it was not her fault (unless she was the retard who pulled the wrong item). I was in retail for many years and both sides of the counter blow. It's not so much that they're (hopefully temporarily) sold out, it's that I went out of my way to make sure that I got one before they sold out, and have nothing to show for it, but some sweaty pits. This hasn't been the first time for me too, I'm still waiting for my bonus Matrix Reloaded DVD after several conversations with customer service.
Old 04-21-04, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In my experience the customer service desk (returns, price-matches, online order pick-ups) contains the slowest, most retarded brainfarts I have ever seen. The rest of the store seems to operate in another dimension of greater efficiency. As long as I don't have to go to the customer service desk, I consider my shopping experience at best buy decent.
Old 04-21-04, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Best Buy is great for DVDs and low-end items. However, if you're buying a TV, computer, DVD player or something else - it can be a customer service nightmare if anything's wrong with your product.

They are horrible with deliveries too...mainly because they contract them out to another company.
Old 04-21-04, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't forget to go to www.bestbuysux.org

Last edited by devilpants; 04-21-04 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-21-04, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've never really had an issue with them. A few times cd's were marked lower on the shelves than what they actually costs, but I just put them back. No harm no foul. Quite a few times things were actually rung up cheaper when I got to the front of the store. Always a good feeling.

People are quick to generalize, but not all BB employees are teh suck.
Old 04-21-04, 08:31 PM
Banned

You have to remember, even if 99% of a given chain's employees are good (no idea of knowing the real percentage,) that bad 1% multiplied by the number of customers that get frusterated at them is still a really big number in Best Buy's case.
Old 04-21-04, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

sometimes the servie ticks me off, but i don't really care. i would rather have low prices than good employees. that is why circuit city is having problems.
Old 04-21-04, 09:04 PM

Originally posted by Tarantino
You guys are pathetic.

No matter how much you cry and whine, you always go back. They're the number one retailer in this nation and there's a reason why.
I thought Walmart was the 1# retailer in the nation. I'll just assume your one of the many morons that work there. I never shop there, circuit city will gladly price match any thing they have cheaper.
Old 04-21-04, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Attacking another poster is walking the line in this forum.

Never had a problem at Best Buy that I don't get at Wal-Mart, Target or any other retailer. And Tarantino does have a point:

No matter how much you cry and whine, you always go back.
Old 04-21-04, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by Tarantino
You guys are pathetic.

Yeah Tarantino don't you work at best buys?

Well are you the exclusion to the rule or an example of it?

How about you tell us why your company suck.
Old 04-22-04, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've never had a problem with an employee..

...then again i know what i want when i go in there.

When they dont have what i want for the price i wanna pay then i walk out the door and into another store that does.
Old 04-22-04, 05:04 AM

Originally posted by Tom O' Bedlam
Yeah Tarantino don't you work at best buys?

Well are you the exclusion to the rule or an example of it?

How about you tell us why your company suck.
Leave him alone.

From reading his posts over time it's obvious he's a bright guy (your post doesn't instill much confidence btw). If I were among the many smart people that work at Best Buy I'd get sick of seeing these posts all the time too.

I don't blame him (or anyone else for that matter) for swinging back.
Old 04-22-04, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tarantino does have a point. For months/years now people have been saying how Best Buy is horrid and you should never go there. Yet, people keep going there to shop.
Old 04-22-04, 02:02 PM

How do you know these people keep on going? I certainly don't, I might stop bye to pick up an ad for a price match, or defraud them in someway with a return, thats fun, but thats about it.

Last edited by siberianhusky; 04-22-04 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-22-04, 02:21 PM
Retired

No worse than any other big chain store. Actually better than most Wal-marts IMO.

I just never ask for their assistance, don't bother with price matches etc. I just go to these stores when I know what I want, and know they have it a price I'm willing to pay.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.