Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias-04/18/04

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-04, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alias-04/18/04

i can't wait to see what happens tonight with Arvin Sloane and Michael Vaughn situation with his wife
Old 04-18-04, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
"Hourglass"

Spoiler:
Vaughn is told to keep tabs on his wife's activities, then he finds out the shocking truth about his mother-in-law (Peggy Lipton); a monk (David Carradine) discloses the identity of the ``Passenger'' to a stunned Sydney.

Cast: Jennifer Garner, Victor Garber, Ron Rifkin, Michael Vartan, Carl Lumbly, Kevin Weisman, Melissa George, Greg Grunberg, David Anders, Peggy Lipton, Patricia Wettig, David Carradine, James D. Bridges, Rico McClinton, Glen Morshower.
Director(s): Ken Olin.
Producer(s): JJ Abrams, John Eisendrath, Ken Olin.
Writer(s): Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec.

Original Airdate: April 18, 2004.
Old 04-18-04, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Great opening sequence. [stands and applauds]

So that's where Sloane went...
Old 04-18-04, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Jack Bristow is a B.M.F.

Yes, he is.
Old 04-18-04, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Best ending ever now!
Old 04-18-04, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This was a fun episode, lots of good stuff to springboard into more directions.

Jack is still the man, always one step ahead.

Now will Vaughn see the light of day now that he's got 2 Covenant ladies on his tail.
Old 04-18-04, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, poor Monk Bill, too bad he was dispatched by Sark. I was hoping he named the Passenger BB.
Old 04-18-04, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Did anyone else call the ending? You knew it was coming, but it still doesn't lessen the fact that it was freakin' awesome.

I liked how they blended the briefings together: the one including Lauren and the one about her.

Peggy Lipton is good on the show. David Carradine was great during that opening w/ Sark - too bad it was short-lived.

Marshall continues to bring the funny.
Old 04-18-04, 09:18 PM

I was watching 24. Could someone please enlighten me on the last 10 minutes of the show? I was switching between the 2, being that those are my favorite 2 shows. But 24 is still my fav. That and they never repeat.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-04, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Paging the services of Patman...JapPen needs the help of your summation abilities.

Last edited by B.A.; 04-18-04 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-18-04, 09:32 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I thought someone was going to show up and break him out but once they started the IV I figured they were faking his death.

Marshall's face when Syd and him were listening in on the Vaughn's was great
Old 04-18-04, 09:35 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by JayPen
I was watching 24. Could someone please enlighten me on the last 10 minutes of the show? I was switching between the 2, being that those are my favorite 2 shows. But 24 is still my fav. That and they never repeat.

Thanks in advance.
Syd and Vaughn went after a Rambaldi artifact called the hourglass that only Sloane can use to find his daughter.

Sloane was executed by lethal injection, but at the end Jack injects him with something to wake him up. As far as we know Jack is the only one who know's he faked Sloane's death.
Old 04-18-04, 09:43 PM

Originally posted by MrX
Syd and Vaughn went after a Rambaldi artifact called the hourglass that only Sloane can use to find his daughter.

Sloane was executed by lethal injection, but at the end Jack injects him with something to wake him up. As far as we know Jack is the only one who know's he faked Sloane's death.
Thanks. Sounds like a good ending. Just a couple shows left. Can't wait to see how it all comes together.
Old 04-18-04, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Before the execution, Jack shows up at Sloan's cell and offers Sloan some wine because Sloan shared some wine with Jack on the ocassion of Sydney's birthday in 1975, and in light of the news of Sloan's daughter being the topic of the day, Jack thought he would return the favor to Sloan. In the wine was a drug that would neutralize the lethal injection, and after the execution, when Sloan's body was in the morgue/holding area, Jack sneaks in and injected him with something to wake him up from. Then he tells Sloan that he's doing this because he needs him alive more than he needs him dead (well, that was the gist).
Old 04-18-04, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by B.A.
Did anyone else call the ending? You knew it was coming, but it still doesn't lessen the fact that it was freakin' awesome.
My dog could've called this ending...And actually, for a second there, I thought it was another CIA ploy to squeeze Lauren even further...

Too little David Carradine [even though I had a DC fix this weekend...]

And, yes, Marshall does rock.
Old 04-19-04, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Rogue588
...And actually, for a second there, I thought it was another CIA ploy to squeeze Lauren even further...
I had the same thought for a minute or so, too.
Old 04-19-04, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by JayPen
Thanks. Sounds like a good ending. Just a couple shows left. Can't wait to see how it all comes together.
Neither can I. It's all working up quite nicely to a good season finale. I'm hold out some hope that Lena Olin will show up in the last couple of episodes.
Old 04-19-04, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by dancinns
I'm hold out some hope that Lena Olin will show up in the last couple of episodes.
That would top off the season very nicely!
Old 04-19-04, 09:16 AM

A little confused about one thing...

They made a big deal about Jack being the only one who could put an end to the execution by coming forward with what he knows about "The Trust". However, the only reason that Sloane came under suspicion of violating his parole agreement was because he was perceived to have done things for the Senator, who was beleived to be the mole. As Dixon, Sydney, Marshall, Vaughan, and many others eventually figured out that Lauren was actually the mole, couldn't any of them have figured out that Sloane's dealings with the Senator were on the up and up, even without needing Jack's information regarding "The Trust"?
Old 04-19-04, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Re: A little confused about one thing...

Originally posted by dsw13
They made a big deal about Jack being the only one who could put an end to the execution by coming forward with what he knows about "The Trust". However, the only reason that Sloane came under suspicion of violating his parole agreement was because he was perceived to have done things for the Senator, who was beleived to be the mole. As Dixon, Sydney, Marshall, Vaughan, and many others eventually figured out that Lauren was actually the mole, couldn't any of them have figured out that Sloane's dealings with the Senator were on the up and up, even without needing Jack's information regarding "The Trust"?
You are right. Although it is also true that Lauren being the mole doesn't make Senator Reed innocent. One could easily believe the whole family was crooked (as they now know the mother is).

Of course it seems sloppy to just execute a guy when evidence comes into question, but one also has to see that they know Sloane has been a bad guy for a long time and most of them have specific reason to hate him (Dixon blames him for his wife, Jack for the affair, etc...) so no one is exactly fighting for him either.
Old 04-19-04, 09:37 AM

Re: Re: A little confused about one thing...

Originally posted by Jericho
so no one is exactly fighting for him either.
Well, no one but Sydney, which was my main problem, although I suppose I could have been clearer about that. Other than that, I pretty much agree with everything you said.
Old 04-19-04, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lauren is caught red-handed. I wonder what they will do with her now.

I'm glad Sloane didn't die. Even though he did a lot of bad things (eg. killing Syd's fiance), I want to see him alive to see what he will do next.
Old 04-19-04, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mookiemeister
Lauren is caught red-handed. I wonder what they will do with her now.
spoilers for next week
Spoiler:
she gets to torture vaughn
Old 04-19-04, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice gunfight scene when Sydney went to get the hourglass. I'm really curious to see how it works.

Marshall trying to act "nonchallant"
Old 04-19-04, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by tofu
Nice gunfight scene when Sydney went to get the hourglass. I'm really curious to see how it works.
Great use of the Deftones during that sequence.

J.J. Abrams has mastered the use of slow motion when entering the CIA's prison cells.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.