Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

how screwed am I?(ebay related)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-04, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used BIN on an auction for a new sealed copy of Custers Revenge last night and already paid for it and now ebay has cancelled the auction. what should/can I do?

here is the email I recieved:

Please be aware that auction:

Custer's Revenge Atari 2600 Factory Sealed! Beyond Rare

in which you were a bidding participant, has been ended early by eBay for violating one or more of our listing guidelines.

Because the auction was ended early, you as a bidder are not required to complete the transaction. Since this is a listing violation, the seller is free to relist the item in the proper format. Should you wish to do so, you are free to bid on the item again if it is relisted.

Last edited by ChrisHicks; 04-14-04 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-14-04, 08:40 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Do you have the email address of the seller? Contact him/her directly.

Also, at what you were buying.
Old 04-14-04, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I remember that game and the major 'controversy' it started. It was all over the local news, etc. Innocent times, my friend... innocent times.

Anyway, I don't think you are screwed at all. I'm sure the seller will be shipping it out to you, since you used BIN and paid in full. Just shoot the seller an e-mail and confirm that it has been sent.
Old 04-15-04, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting game. Well, I don't think that you are as screwed as the indian maiden tied to the post, about to be raped by Custer is, I'm sure the seller will follow through.

Custer's Revenge...talk about controversy, Mystique was just asking for it when they released this adult oriented game. You play an nude (except for hat and boots) and very aroused General Custer. Your goal in the game is to make your way from the left side of the screen to the right side of the screen, avoiding arrows and in some variations, cactus, to (and this is right out of the instruction book) "Score" with a nude female Indian who is tied to a post. You do this by pressing the fire button as fast as you can. Humm...sound kind of like rape? Well, the there was a women's organization that thought so. They, along with a Native American group, protested the release of the game. A lot of stores wouldn't sell it. As a result, this is a pretty tough game to find.

Last edited by Heat; 04-15-04 at 12:44 AM.
Old 04-15-04, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts
Can you imagine how much better that game would've looked on an Intellivision?
Old 04-15-04, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why didn't you just download the 4K rom and play it on an emulator?