Reload this Page >

One Tree Hill - 04/13/04

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

One Tree Hill - 04/13/04

Old 04-13-04, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
One Tree Hill - 04/13/04

"To Wish Impossible Things", Episode #117.

Spoiler:
Lucas, Nathan and Jake are auctioned off at an annual charity event.

Cast: Chad Michael Murray, James Lafferty, Hilarie Burton, Paul Johansson, Moira Kelly, Craig Sheffer, Barry Corbin, Samantha Shelton, Bryan Greenberg, Sophia Bush , Lee Norris, Bethany Joy Lenz, Barbara Alyn Woods.
Director(s): Billy Dickson.
Producer(s): Mark Schwahn, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins, Joe Davola.
Writer(s): Mark Schwahn.

Original Airdate: April 13, 2004.
Old 04-13-04, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Due to the Blues game, I have to wait until Saturday to catch this, too. Show it tonight instead of re-runs of Friends and Everybody Loves Raymond you twits!!!
Old 04-13-04, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good episode, not great. The "shocker" at the end truly did catch me off-guard. Of course, that's probably only the second thing in this show's history that surprised me, the first being Nikki as the mother of Jake's baby.

I've gotta say that I LOVE the Mouth character. I hope they keep using him.

"I've never seen a naked girl up close, but the internet makes me think I'd like it".
Old 04-13-04, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It was a fun episode, and the ending did catch me off guard as well.
But really, they can't have her pregnant, it's just a little too much too soon. The previews looked funny ".........mommy what am I going to do".
Old 04-13-04, 10:40 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, show's getting awfully serious this week. When Keith showed Karen the ring, I could hear Whitey saying, "Damn, Keith, I didn't expect you to buy the whole horse in one night." It figures that Deb's "fling" would be another WB spin the previews to make things look more interesting. At least Nathan has a common number. Being in North Carolina, Haley can always say she was a huge Jordan fan.

I'm hoping that Brooke's shocker is a way to shock Lucas and get him talking to her again, and nothing more. Things could get a little too messed up if it's true.

Really think Nikki's going to try to take Jenny away? I enjoyed the part where he had her buy what she thinks Jenny would need, and then commented, "this formula won't work. She has to have a special formula because she wasn't breastfed."
Old 04-13-04, 10:42 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by briank

But really, they can't have her pregnant, it's just a little too much too soon. The previews looked funny ".........mommy what am I going to do".
Interesting how Karen's first reaction was to slap him. Like she's saying, "didn't you learn anything from me?" I'm curious how he ends up talking to Dan about it.

I love this show.
Old 04-14-04, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
The ending also surprised me. That really came out of left field. However two "walking in at just the right moments" is one too many per episode. Still the first one was funny.
Old 04-14-04, 08:51 AM

The writing of this episode was horrible, though...even the biggest prude that's out of touch with reality would know better than to say the things that Deb was saying to Tim.

Also, did they ever explain WHY Keith and Whitey happened to be at the football stadium? I didn't understand that one.

And, I agree, there's no way that Brooke's pregnant, but I don't think she's using it. She probably just missed a period or something.
Old 04-14-04, 10:03 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by antennaball

Also, did they ever explain WHY Keith and Whitey happened to be at the football stadium? I didn't understand that one.
I don't know what proximity Whitey's office is to the football field, but remember that just before that Keith was in Whitey's office. They probably noticed a light on the football field when they went to leave.

I had a feeling that was going to happen, since Keith was in Whitey's office during the time Karen and Larry were digging up the field.
Old 04-14-04, 10:06 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by spainlinx0
The ending also surprised me. That really came out of left field. However two "walking in at just the right moments" is one too many per episode.
No, two similar events in the same episode just barely meets the WB quota. 7th Heaven and Everwood often exceed the quota.
Old 04-14-04, 04:53 PM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally posted by AndyCapps
No, two similar events in the same episode just barely meets the WB quota. 7th Heaven and Everwood often exceed the quota.
Smallville usually exceeds that number within the first 5 minutes.
Old 04-15-04, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ever see a guy scorned, just look at Jake. Where does he find the strength/reserve to push Nikki away. She's fine! (Of course, she was a mean ol' Mrs. Lex Luthor last season...)

I tend to think that Brooke is probably knocked up by that guy she bumped into at the last bar that she and Mouth were at before heading for home.
Old 04-15-04, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
That reminds me of what I meant to mention. That man has a sickening amount of willpower. I don't think I could have turned down that hot girl. She is just way too cute to hold a grudge against. Although having never been abandoned with some girl's kid I guess I can see where he's coming from. Still... look at her.
Old 04-15-04, 10:30 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by spainlinx0
That reminds me of what I meant to mention. That man has a sickening amount of willpower. I don't think I could have turned down that hot girl. She is just way too cute to hold a grudge against. Although having never been abandoned with some girl's kid I guess I can see where he's coming from. Still... look at her.
No. He's just a typical loving father. It doesn't matter that she's hot, she abondoned her daughter. Nothing is more important to him than his daughter. As a father with a young daughter, I can definitely see where he's coming from.
Old 04-15-04, 05:58 PM

Originally posted by AndyCapps
No. He's just a typical loving father. It doesn't matter that she's hot, she abondoned her daughter. Nothing is more important to him than his daughter. As a father with a young daughter, I can definitely see where he's coming from.
ditto. I love how they're using him and having him stick to his guns. If he fell for her crap, he would be just another twisted character. Right now, he's the most likeable on the show.
Old 04-17-04, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The best part of the show was when Brooke and Mouth were both getting private dances and Mouth looked over at Brooke, smiled, then looked back at his dancer and said, "the internet sucks".

I was wondering when Keith would finally sack up and propose.

Jake is one tough s.o.b.

Brooke did come out of left field at the end, wonder where they will go from here? And since my local WB skipped out on the preview for next week's show, I won't be mislead...

Did I mention that Sophia Bush is one of the most gorgeous women on tv?
Old 04-18-04, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by B.A.
Did I mention that Sophia Bush is one of the most gorgeous women on tv?
No need to mention it as it's pretty damn obvious. Still, feel free to bring it up every week as it gives my eyes a chance to glaze over in contemplation for a second or two.