Search this Thread

Old 04-13-04, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FOX Dumps 'Forever Eden' Until Summer

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...wswire&id=6519

Monday, April 12, 2004 - 12:12 PM
FOX Dumps 'Forever Eden' Until Summer
By Brian Ford Sullivan

CHICAGO (thefutoncritic.com) -- FOX will once again go back to the drawing board on Friday nights as the network revealed today it has pulled its reality series "Forever Eden" from its schedule effective immediately.

FOX's previously announced baseball coverage will fill the network's Friday slot this week while back-to-back episodes of "Totally Outrageous Behavior" and "World's Craziest Videos" are scheduled for April 23. Movies, beginning with "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider," will fill the entire Friday block starting April 30, the first Friday of the May sweeps period. The news means "Eden" more than likely won't resurface again - if at all - until the summer at the earliest.

"Eden" managed a paltry 1.9 rating/3 share in households and a 1.1 rating in adults 18-49 for its most recent airing according to preliminary fast national data. Should both scores hold up nationally, they would mark the network's worst performance in the Friday, 9:00/8:00c hour this season.

FOX has 16 additional episodes of "Eden" left to air.

While not a great show, these idiots at Fox strike again!

Chris
Old 04-13-04, 10:51 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: FOX Dumps 'Forever Eden' Until Summer

Originally posted by mrpayroll
"Eden" managed a paltry 1.9 rating/3 share in households and a 1.1 rating in adults 18-49 for its most recent airing according to preliminary fast national data. Should both scores hold up nationally, they would mark the network's worst performance in the Friday, 9:00/8:00c hour this season.
I have to say it...

They yanked the remaining episodes of Wonderfalls from that timeslot for THIS???
Old 04-13-04, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well just wait until we get the news this Friday morning that they cancelled Tru Calling because it reports its lowest ratings of the season due to getting hammered bt CSI.
Old 04-13-04, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why don't they just broadcast a test pattern instead of "Eden"? They could still sell commercial time at a discounted rate and reap the savings due to lower production costs.
Old 04-13-04, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Re: FOX Dumps 'Forever Eden' Until Summer

Originally posted by DRG
I have to say it...

They yanked the remaining episodes of Wonderfalls from that timeslot for THIS???
You beat me to it. Of course, I was gonna predict that they'd show a re-rerun of "The Swan" in it's place. I guess movies are better than Fox's reality shows :/

-jason
Old 04-13-04, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

A reality program? Getting poor ratings? Viva la revolucion!
Old 04-13-04, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They should just air re-runs of their other shows on Friday night rather than waste money on original programming that gets such low ratings.

Fox is looking for another Friday night X-Files success but I think the TV watching climate has changed so much since that show was successful on that night that they should just cut their losses.

I am tired of good shows like Wonderfalls or Firefly yet yanked off the air because no one watches TV on Friday nights.

It would be funny if Fox used that time to air a "Brilliant But Cancelled" type weekly event that showcased re-runs of all the short-lived Fox series.
Old 04-13-04, 12:17 PM

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who still bitches about Wonderfalls' demise.
Old 04-13-04, 01:17 PM

Originally posted by AndyB976
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who still bitches about Wonderfalls' demise.
I'm bitchin' too! If it were a choice between Wonderfalls and Forever Eden, Wonderfalls win.

But I hate putting any of my viewing time into a show, just to have it cancelled after about a month.

Chris
Old 04-13-04, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts
One reality show down, thousands more to go.
Old 04-13-04, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

At least, Fox could put 'Playing it Straight' in its place. The "Is he gay or not" reality show never finished its run.
Old 04-13-04, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So what happens to the contestants? It's supposed to be the "game without an end", but do they continue to live in Eden while the show is on hiatus?
Old 04-14-04, 09:00 AM

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
So what happens to the contestants? It's supposed to be the "game without an end", but do they continue to live in Eden while the show is on hiatus?
I'm sure they've been sent home!

Chris
Old 04-14-04, 02:04 PM

Hell, I'm still mad about Freakylinks.