Joe Schmo II to debut on Spike TV on June 15th

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-04, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Joe Schmo II to debut on Spike TV on June 15th

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tv...7445|1|,00.html

'Joe Schmo' Meets 'Jane Schmo' in June
(Monday, April 12 08:31 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Spike TV has wrapped photography on the second season of its popular reality entry "The Joe Schmo Show." Creatively (and hopefully tentatively) titled "Joe Schmo 2," the series will premiere on Tuesday, June 15. Fortunately, there will be a twist.

This time, in addition to a Joe Schmo, there will also be a Jane Schmo. Raising the improv ante, the team of actors will surround not one, but two real people -- a man and a woman -- who think they're part of a reality television show.

The new show-within-the-show is called "Last Chance For Love" and will parody relationship shows like "For Love or Money" or "The Bachelor." The absurd competitions, shocking twists and over-the-top eviction ceremonies will be overseen by Ralph Garman, the host of the first "Joe Schmo." This time he'll be in disguise playing pompous British host Derek Newcastle.
"We know that guys despise reality relationship shows, so what better genre to mess with on behalf of guys everywhere," says Kevin Kay, executive vice president of programming and production, Spike TV.

"Joe Schmo" writer-creators Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese return for the second go-round, joined by David G. Stanley, Scott A. Stone and Anthony Ross.

The October finale of the first "Joe Schmo" drew 3.4 million viewers, mammoth numbers by Spike TV standards.

It was suggested that we start a new announcement thread, so that everyone knows it's not a rehash of the original series from here http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...58#post4760958

Chris
Old 04-13-04, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool! I loved the first one... I'll be watching.
Old 06-15-04, 04:23 PM
toq

The premiere is tonight.
Old 06-15-04, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It doesnt look as good as the last one, but I'll give it a shot.
Old 06-15-04, 05:11 PM

Originally posted by chrisih8u
It doesnt look as good as the last one, but I'll give it a shot.
I'm going to be watching the Laker game, so I won't be able to catch this live (so to speak). But I will watch it right after the Lakers win!

Chris
Old 06-15-04, 10:37 PM

Alright first episode. Like Ernie, the heir, but the rest of the characters seem pretty forgettable. Better 'players' last year. Can't believe that Ingrid already is on to the show, or almost.
Old 06-15-04, 11:01 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

I loved it. I thought Rita might go since they started the show talking about only giving bread crumbs and she seemed to go pretty over the top in the beginning.
Old 06-15-04, 11:51 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Too funny. The bit about the "pearl necklaces" had me rolling. Some very funny stuff.

I recognized "Elenore" from "Trigger Happy TV." She's very funny, and used to this sort of thing.
Old 06-16-04, 12:31 AM

I know it is early, but so far I don't feel the 'magic' of last year. But of course Joe Schmo I was special and probably won't be duplicated. Time will tell how good JS2 is.

I don't like Derek Newcastle as much as Ralph, the Smarmy Host. He doesn't seem to have a distinctive personality, yet! But it is only the first episode.

Chris
Old 06-16-04, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally posted by mrpayroll
I don't like Derek Newcastle as much as Ralph, the Smarmy Host. He doesn't seem to have a distinctive personality, yet! But it is only the first episode.
You do know it's the same guy with a British accent don't you?

Overall I think the 1st ep might have been a little too busy with so many people to give screen time.

Rita was a riot so it was a shame for her to go so quick (but logical).

Ingrid is on to them already so it'll be interesting to see how they'll keep her off track.

Bryce is so creepy, his character will keep everybody on edge.
Old 06-16-04, 07:32 AM

BTW, I thought Ingrid's real gift was as ridiculous as the joke gifts the actors were handing out.
Old 06-16-04, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i like the psycho stalker character.

"he got all pissed off when I asked him why he was arrested!"
Old 06-16-04, 09:05 AM

Originally posted by Damfino
You do know it's the same guy with a British accent don't you?

I listen to Ralph Garman / Derek Newcastle every morning on KROQ 106.7 in Los Angeles.

Chris
Old 06-16-04, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No one's said this yet? ....Ingrid gives me teh hots

I enjoyed the first episode. It should be interesting to see how they try to keep Ingrid from suspecting the show is fake.
Old 06-16-04, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Great show, I especially like the psycho. I'm glad they got rid of the drunk, she was too over the top.
Old 06-16-04, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts
This should be fun.. Tim cracks me up already.
Old 06-16-04, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gerald is played by a local comic actor, Jonathan Torrens, who had his own show on the CBC (Jonovision) for a number of years and has been a cast member of Trailer Park Boys for the past 4 seasons.

Nice to see him stepping up - he's usually pretty funny.

ps.

Dear Ingrid,

Please wear that same shirt, or a similar low-cut shirt, every time you have your little heart-to-heart with the camera.

Thank you.
Old 06-16-04, 01:28 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
BTW, I thought Ingrid's real gift was as ridiculous as the joke gifts the actors were handing out.
Haha, that was the first part of the show I saw and I thought her gift was supposed to be a joke.
Old 06-16-04, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Tivo cut off right when she said, "It feels like I'm on the Truman show." What happened afterwards?
Old 06-16-04, 02:55 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ingrid gave me the hot, too. Especially the contrast between the seeming innocent (at least for this day and age) vibe she gave off and her swimsuit/dance. Here's hoping for a Playboy (or at least Maxim) shoot after this.
Old 06-16-04, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

ingrid is HOT. so is that other blond...the dumb one. ("Here's hoping for a Playboy (or at least Maxim) shoot after this" - COUNT ON IT...i can guarantee maxim will give her a call)

i loved season 1 and the premiere was great. im shocked neither knows that the host is the same and the place where they eliminate people looks EXACTLY the same as season 1.

but did anyone else get annoyed every time they would say "and be prepared for the MOST dramatic elimination ceremony YET!!" - its the FIRST SHOW! its the FIRST elimination ceremony! its the ONLY elimination ceremony!
Old 06-16-04, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I enjoyed this, I loved the first so was a little skeptical of how funny this would be.

Yes, Ingrid is very cute. Also, I love the chick from Trigger Happy TV ("Eleanor") . She is hilarious on that show.
Old 06-17-04, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the pearl necklace stuff was hilarious

the first joe schmoe was just a funny guy and the kip and hutch characters were great..this one has potential, I season passed it so we'll see.
Old 06-17-04, 06:10 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by atari2600
but did anyone else get annoyed every time they would say "and be prepared for the MOST dramatic elimination ceremony YET!!" - its the FIRST SHOW! its the FIRST elimination ceremony! its the ONLY elimination ceremony!
I figured that was part of the joke. All these reality shows are constantly overhyping how dramatic and exciting the next part is going to be.
Old 06-17-04, 07:27 AM

Originally posted by atari2600
It's a spoof. Probably of the second "Average Joe" which hyped every elimination as the "MOST SHOCKING EVER!" to the point that we were regularly mocking the promos in the weekly threads.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.