Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

CA Residents: You lucky S.O.B.s! ;)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 04-12-04, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.creationent.com

BURBANK, CA
Sat. & Sun. May 22 - 23, 2004
Burbank Airport Hilton
2500 Hollywood Way
DAYS OF DARKNESS: A CELEBRATION OF HORROR

SHOW HOURS: 11AM TO 6PM DAILY

Horror has a new name in Los Angeles! For over 15 years Creation Entertainment joined forces with Fangoria Magazine to present the annual Weekend of Horrors event in May each year.

Now, we're going it alone and we're going all out to provide a bigger, more exciting, and more cutting edge gathering for horror fanatics! That's right, horror has a new name in L.A. but the same folks behind the convention are still here! Join the fun and keep heart of horror beating in Southern California!

Check out the dynamite list of guests we have set so far with many more to come!

GEORGE ROMERO (as director/writer of the classic NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, George ushered in the modern age of horror films. He has been part of the genre scene ever since!) Don't miss this rare West Coast appearance on Saturday!

ROBERT ENGLUND (One of the true icons of horror, Freddy of "A Nightmare on Elm Street" flicks, plus lots of other genre credits) Robert appears Sunday.

DON MANCINI (Bride of Chucky - Writer (characters) (written by), Executive Producer 1998, Child's Play 3: Look Who's Stalking - Writer (characters) (written by) 1991, Child's Play 2 - Writer (characters) (written by) 1990, Tales from the Crypt (TV series) - Writer (teleplay) (episode "Fitting Punishment") Cellar Dweller - Writer (as Kit Du Bois) 1988, Child's Play - Writer (screenplay) (story))

JACK SHOLDER (Director of: 12 Days of Terror (TV movie), Beeper , Time Killer , Arachnid - edited Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies (video), The Omen (TV movie) - Tales from the Crypt (TV series) - A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge)

BILL LUSTIG (Executive Producer of a series of video documentaries on the horror genre, and other credits include the Maniac Cop films)

MICK GARRIS (writer/director/producer best known for his work on HOCUS POCUS, THE FLY II, THE STAND, AMAZING STORIES, CRITTER II, PSYCHO IV and many other genre productions)

TOM SAVINI (one of the true legends of horror, Tom is an amazingly talented special effects designer and actor whose work is always enjoyed by genre fanatics!)

ERIC CAIDEN's HOLLYWOOD BOOK AND POSTER'S FRIGHT FILMFEST: The tradition
continues as we turn over our screening room (running both days) to Eric to present some tasty horror treats!

REGGIE BANNISTER (Bubba Ho-tep, Phantasm IV, Wishmaster, Silent Night, Deadly Night)

GIGI FAST ELK (Bubba Ho-Tep and SFX Makeup Coordinator for Phantasm IV:Oblivion)

RENNY HARLIN (Director/Producer whose work includes DEEP BLUE SEA, CLIFFHANGER, DIE HARD 2, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 4, and many others)

BILL MOSELEY (Chop Top in Texsas Chainsaw Massacre 2, House of 1000 Corpses)

SID HAIG (Sid Haig is currently winning legions of new fans for his outrageous portrayal of the sinister Captain Spaulding in Rob Zombie’s 2003 horror hit “House of 1000
Corpses”. Over a 40 year period, Sid Haig has appeared in over 50 films and 350 television shows. He is also famous for having appeared in legendary cult director Jack Hill’s classic films “Spider Baby,” “Coffy” and “Foxy Brown.” Sid is scheduled to begin filming the sequel to “House of 1000 Corpses” in April 2004.)

DON COSCARELLI (director and producer of BUBBA HO TEP (starring Bruce Campbell as an aging Elvis), will celebrate the DVD release of Bubba (due out May 25) with special clips from the DVD and cast members of the film TBA.)

KEN FOREE (The 1978 fave DAWN OF THE DEAD's Peter Washington, Ken has a myriad of genre credits including SLEEPSTALKER, LEATHERFACE III, FROM BEYOND, THE X-FILES, and the new DAWN OF THE DEAD remake.)

GLORI-ANNE GILBERT (Countess Dracula's Orgy of Blood)

ANDREW CLEMENT (Special efx designer from Creative Character Engineering. Credits include: The Matrix, Dragon Fly, Time Cop, Enterprise, Star Trek -Voyager, The Princess Bride and Zombie Nightmare)

PATRICK TATAPOULOUS (creature design for Underworld and Pitch Black, conceptual designs for Van Helsing, Bram Stocker's Dracula and Riddick, and many other projects)

The following guests are courtesy Tempe Video:
JEFF BURR (Director LEATHERFACE: TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE III, THE SPEPFATEHR 2, and EDDIE PRESLEY)
DUANE WHITAKER (writer/star of EDDIE PRESLEY, co-writer/co-star of FROM DUSK TIL DAWN 2: TEXAS BLOOD MONEY, co-star PULP FICTION)
J.R. BOOKWALTER (Producer/director THE DEAD NEXT DOOR, OZONE, WITCHOUSE 2 & 3)
ARIAUNA ALBRIGHT

I'm stuck in NJ, I got nutzzing!
Old 04-12-04, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Yet another reason why I should've already moved back to Cali
Old 04-12-04, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yet another reason why I did move back to california (that and the relationship went south..)
Old 04-12-04, 04:41 PM
Banned

East is still the beast, baby. Williamsburg, Brooklyn in the house y'all!
Old 04-13-04, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

http://www.horrorfindweekend.com is coming to Maryland in August.

Movie and TV Celebs

George Romero - Need we say more
Kyra Schon - Night of the Living Dead
Russ Streiner - Night of the Living Dead
John Russo - Night of the Living Dead
Ken Foree - Dawn of the Dead
David Emge - Dawn of the Dead
Scott Reiniger - Dawn of the Dead
Sharon Ceccatti & Clayton Hil - Dawn of the Dead
Lori Cardille - Day of the Dead
Joe Pilato - Day of the Dead
Gary Klar - Day of the Dead
Kane Hodder - Jason - Friday the 13th
Bill Moseley - Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Otis in House of 1000 Corpses
Barbara Crampton - Re-Animator, From Beyond, Puppet Master
Sid Haig - House of 1000 Corpses, Spider Baby
Dee Wallace Stone - ET, Cujo, The Howling, Frighteners, Hills Have Eyes - the list goes on and on.
Tom Sullivan - FX and Props master Evil Dead.
Camden Toy - Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel
Adrienne Barbeau -
Jeffrey Combs - Re-animator
Tom Savini
Irwin Keyes - House of 1000 Corpses
Jonathan Breck - Jeepers Creepers 1 & 2
Butch Patrick - The Munsters
Pat Priest - The Munsters
Angela Bettis - Carrie & May
Brinke Stevens - Haunting Fear & Nightmare Sisters and numerous other credits.
Debbie Rochon - Dead Clowns, Bleed & more
Doug Bradley - Pinhead from Hellraiser
Brad Dourif - Child's Play series, LOTR

Authors

Joe Lansdale
Jack Ketchum
Christopher Golden
Tim Lebbon
Michael Slade - For anyone who knows about Slade, this is interesting.
Douglas Clegg
Edward A. Holsclaw II
Edward Lee
Linda Addison
Thomas Monteleone
Gene O'Neill
Elizabeth Massie
Wrath James White - If the chance permits, do yourself a favor and catch this guy reading his material.
John Passarella
Old 04-13-04, 01:42 PM

Samuel, you ever gone to the Chiller's up there by Giant stadium?

Personally, I think Chiller is the most unorganized event I've ever been to, but at least it's there.
Old 04-13-04, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts
I was thinking of driving the 9 hours down to Southern California for this. But apparently only the special package tickets for 100+ are the only thing I can find. I don't want to pay that much hahah
Old 04-13-04, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Alien Redrum
Samuel, you ever gone to the Chiller's up there by Giant stadium?

Personally, I think Chiller is the most unorganized event I've ever been to, but at least it's there.
I'm unfortunately a vendor every year at Chiller (last fall was actually my last time) & I have to say Chiller is one of, if not THE worste horror convention in the country.
Old 04-13-04, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty cool, I just got to go to a George Romero speaking at my old College. Seemed like a really cool guy. He also talked about the next movie in his 'Dead' series. He wants to call it "Dead Reckoning" but Fox Searchlight (who he is in negotiations with) wants him to call it "Night Of The Living Dead: Dead Reckoning", even though it is a sequel and not a remake.

Last edited by flashburn; 04-13-04 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-13-04, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
^^ Full Sail eh?
Old 04-14-04, 12:28 AM

I went to the one they had last year, it's pretty lame. The majority of guests are just there to sell their autographs and signed items for really high prices. "Freddy" didn't even show up last year, he was "stuck in traffic".
Old 04-14-04, 07:32 AM

Originally posted by Sessa17
I'm unfortunately a vendor every year at Chiller (last fall was actually my last time) & I have to say Chiller is one of, if not THE worste horror convention in the country.
I think you guys (vendors) get hit the hardest. I've gone to 2 Horrorfinds and a couple Chillers, but I left early from the Chillers just because I just got tired of the cluster ****.

It's too bad for both me and the vendor because I drop a ton of money at these shows. I usually spend hundreds of dollars on crap I don't need at Horrorfind, but the Chillers I've gone to, combined, I probably only spent about 100 - 150 bucks.

They may have been something at one time, but Chiller seems to be behind the times in running a proper convention.

*edit - What really pisses me off about Chiller is they had the audicity to blame the fans for the mess of a show last Halloween. They said if the fans had planned ahead and showed up on Friday or Sunday instead of Saturday, there wouldn't have been a crowd. They never admitted to be being unprepared. Asses.

Obviously, I probably won't attend another Chiller again.

Last edited by Alien Redrum; 04-14-04 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-14-04, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,116 Posts
Sounds cool. I've never been to one of these.