Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

New Battlestar Galactica?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-04, 10:07 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Battlestar Galactica?

Well I really liked the new Battlestar Galactica miniseries Sci Fi did... has there been any word or anything on if it will come back as a series or a second continuing miniseries? If so are they gonna use all the same special effects shots in the new series from the pilot, like the did with the original?
Old 04-11-04, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I believe it's coming back as a 13 ep series to start and where it goes from there, who knows?
Old 04-11-04, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, it hasnt startef filming yet but it is coming back at least for now... probably later this year or early next year.
Old 04-11-04, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Yeah, it's going to be a weekly series...probably a January 2005 debut...but maybe this Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Good news: Richard Hatch (the original Apollo) has signed to guest-star in at least one episode.
Old 10-19-04, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm bumping this thread, rather than start a new one.

I've read the new series has already started playing in Canada (SkyOne)? Is that correct?
Old 10-19-04, 09:56 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
The miniseries DVD (anamorphic, 5.1) is expected in Jan.
Old 10-19-04, 02:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At AICN, there's reviews of the first episode of the new series that recently aired in England. Sound's as if the quality is as good as the mini was.
Weird that it airs in England first and we have to wait a couiple of months.

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=18635
Old 10-19-04, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I read where some guy mentioned that the reason it's available on Sky One first is because they funded a big chunk of it. Not sure if they'll be airing each episode regularly from now on or if this was just a teaser for until January.
Old 10-19-04, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
According to the AICN info, it's showing *weekly* on UK's Sky One starting now...

SciFi has a habit of sitting on half-seasons of their new shows and trotting them out very slowly...

I'll be checking the "usual sources" for 1.1 tonight and weekly thereafter... Wonder if the whole 13 eps have already filmed?
Old 11-30-04, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Time to bump for yet another question few people care about.

BravoHD (a rather big waste of an HD channel, if you ask me) became UniversalHD on December 1st and is starting to play plenty of TV titles from it's collection. According to the commercials, they'll be playing this new Battlestar Galatica as well. Does anybody have any information on this? Will each episode play in the same week as the Sci-Fi version, for example?
Old 11-30-04, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't tell you how any possible HD simulcasts will work...

But I can tell you, I've now watched the first 5 weekly episodes from SkyOne's HD broadcast, and it is a great new show. I predict it'll get lots of 'net love, and I'm surprised more people aren't downloading and watching it already.

If you've got the bandwidth to spare, don't wait. It's at least as good as any other SciFi series one the air... Possibly the best...
Old 12-01-04, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by adamblast
I can't tell you how any possible HD simulcasts will work...

But I can tell you, I've now watched the first 5 weekly episodes from SkyOne's HD broadcast, and it is a great new show. I predict it'll get lots of 'net love, and I'm surprised more people aren't downloading and watching it already.

If you've got the bandwidth to spare, don't wait. It's at least as good as any other SciFi series one the air... Possibly the best...
I agree, I just saw episode 7 last night and I like all of them so far. I don’t want to deal with it coming on SciFi next year and possibly getting in the way of 24 or ALIAS. So, I have burned 1-7 to disc and plan to do the same for the rest.
Old 12-01-04, 03:11 AM

Yup, it's a pretty good show so far.
Old 12-01-04, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd love to join the ranks of those watching the show, but it seems all the versions I find are PAL and I don't care to watch it on my computer.
Old 12-01-04, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
couldn't you just reconvert the avi to an ntsc mpeg and burn it to watch on your tv through a dvdplayer as a vcd or dvd?
Old 12-01-04, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mikehunt
couldn't you just reconvert the avi to an ntsc mpeg and burn it to watch on your tv through a dvdplayer as a vcd or dvd?
Oh, don't believe I didn't try. Most cases I end up with major audio synch problems, which makes sense when you're going from 23fps to 30fps or from 30 to 23.
Old 12-01-04, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
damn. I haven't finished getting the first ep yet and was planning on just converting them since I'm getting them in what claims to be the british version of HD broadcast
but watching them on my computer doesn't bother me
Old 12-01-04, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mikehunt
Of course, I went the other way...

If you're getting tired of wanting to watch PC content on your TV, you can always set up your TV as an alternate PC screen...
Old 12-01-04, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I actually have a MediaMVP to stream content to my TV. For some unknown reason, each of these episodes are smooshed into the top third of the TV screen. It's a little hard to watch. Maybe another result of being a PAL file? (as for TV Out: the TV is about 25ft from the computer).

I can wait.