Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Kitchen Confidential: The Movie [still in development?]

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Kitchen Confidential: The Movie [still in development?]

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-04, 01:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kitchen Confidential: The Movie

I read a while ago that Kitchen Confidential was optioned as a Brad Pitt movie does anyone have any info on this?
Old 04-11-04, 06:19 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it a movie? Is it a book?

Does anyone in Movie Talk know of any progress with "Seared", which at one time apparently was said to be in development with the Fight Club team of David Fincher, Art Linson, and Brad Pitt?

Back in October 2000 there was some chat here including this billet doux from the author:
Kitchen Confidential has indeed been optioned by New Line for David Fincher and Art Linson. At what point in production (or pre-production) they are, I don't know. (I'm a tech consultant). The screenwriter was working undercover in my kitchen for a while though. I told my cooks he was an extern from French Culinary (to explain his complete lack of usefulness...Casting, I haven't a clue..though I think Robert Downey Jr. has the perfect resume.
Given the age of that thread, it would seem that the following from Stax last year is the more current assessment:
Seared. Jesse Wigutow scripted this loose adaptation of celebrated chef Anthony Bourdain's tell-all Kitchen Confidential that Brad Pitt and director David Fincher almost reunited to make. Seared would've been to 'chef movies' what All the President's Men was to reporter flicks or Wall Street to business films.

Seared presented an almost anthropological depiction of a unique sub-culture with celebrated New York City chef Luke Casdin (Pitt) taking spectators on a heady journey of sex, drugs, rock n' roll and exotic foods.
If interested, I'd simply keep checking to see if they've updated (and mended the broken links) here: http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808405779

The last quote I found from author Anthony Bourdain suggests that his goose is cooked (or not as the case may be)!
It was too expensive. Sex comedies are only as expensive as the people you want to see f**k, and I wanted to see expensive people f**k.
Because the opening post makes no explicit reference to book or author.... moving thread.

Benedict
Moderator, Book Talk