Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Coffee & Cigarettes - your thoughts

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-04, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

I myself am unfamiliar with Jim Jarmusch but this movie looks like it's going to be pretty good from the trailer alone - the following is from upcoming movies:

"[This is] a comic series of short vignettes that build on one another to create a cumulative effect as the characters discuss things as diverse as caffeine popsicles, Paris in the twenties and the use of nicotine as an insecticide all the while sitting around sipping coffee and smoking cigarettes. As Jarmusch delves into the normal pace of our world from an extraordinary angle, he shows just how absorbing the obsessions, joys and addictions of life can be."

I personally love movies that are a fresh taste of something new and this looks like one of them.
Old 04-06-04, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just watched the trailer for this, looks really great. I don't think I've ever seen anything by Jarmusch, but there's a first time for everything. This movie has a stellar cast, I'd see it with Murray alone, though. I really like the concept, and it entered and shot up my list of anticipated movies real quick.
Old 04-07-04, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm definitely hoping Murray has the most screen time plus his skit looks the funniest.
Old 04-07-04, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't wait to see this. Anything with Tom Waits is going to be good. Actually there are a lot of really talented people in this, and I have liked every Jarmusch movie I have ever seen.
Old 04-07-04, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by fnordboy
I can't wait to see this. Anything with Tom Waits is going to be good. Actually there are a lot of really talented people in this, and I have liked every Jarmusch movie I have ever seen.
Cool - what other flicks has he done? Any favs?
Old 04-07-04, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMDB:Jim Jarmusch

Some of my favorites of his are:
Night on Earth
Ghost Dog
Down By Law

Definitely check out Night on Earth, great movie and a great soundtrack (by Tom Waits)
Old 04-07-04, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks.

I've heard of Ghost Dog but never saw it - a few of my friends said it was pretty good though.

I will definitely check out Night on Earth and how about Steven Wright? I can't wait to see what his conversations are about in this movie!!

Damn, I'm at work and I just got caught on this site (seriously) - too funny - I'm leaving anyway.
Old 04-07-04, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Steven Wright is a pimp. I've already got my tickets for his show in Phoenix on the 25th.