Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Where do you begin with moe.?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-04, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since that stupid 4 letter filter is still on the search engine, I can't search for "moe" in the music forum.

I heard this mind-blowing live 20 minute sample of moe. on the Grateful Dead hour two weekends back. It's made me curious to try to some of the moe. back-catalog.

Anybody have any suggestions as to where I should begin?
Old 04-02-04, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grunter, I think there was a thread on moe.'s "Wormwood" album that was fairly extensive. I was thinking of finding it myself because I borrowed their "Dither" album from the library the other day and was impressed (thanks, Gdrlv, for your tireless promotion!) I actually don't really like the "jam" in jam bands (20-minute songs might be OK in an occasional concert, but I don't like 'em in my CDs), but if anyone can recommend jam band albums that prefer 4- or 5-minute singles, I'd like to hear those, too.
Old 04-02-04, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Studio-wise, start with Wormwood. It's one of the best jamband studio albums ever released. It was recorded live and then overdubbed in the studio, giving it a really unique feel.

For live stuff, I'd probably stick with L. The Warts & All discs are great (particularly Volume 2), but I don't know if any of 'em stack up to L as far as song selection goes.

SAShepard, moe.'s last few studio albums (Tin Cans & Car Tires, Dither and Wormwood) have all been more song based than jam based. Dither's probably my least favorite of the three actually.