Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Red Vs Blue

Old 04-01-04, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red Vs Blue

For all of you who have seen the Halo based web-toon "Red Vs. Blue" I have a few questions. Does anyone know how they get their guns down? Mine is always being held up. 2. Does anyone know how they get different color armor? and 3. Does anyone know how they make their heads bobb up and down while they are "talking"? I would ask this on their forums, but they said they will only answer these questions in the "supporters forum".

EDIT: This is for the PC version.

Last edited by Joxer; 04-01-04 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-02-04, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

first of all, red vs blue predates the PC version, so It must be done on Xbox. Colors are pretty easy to do, you just start any multiplayer game that isn't team orientated. No idea about losing the guns or the Hud information though. Maybe they just clip it out of the screen. Maybe they use the deathball option or whatever it is called.
Old 04-02-04, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are using a modded xbox, and have hacked most of the game files to be able to do all of that.
Old 04-02-04, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by goLUCKY
They are using a modded xbox, and have hacked most of the game files to be able to do all of that.
Actually, they've stated a few times that they don't use a modded XBOX and they didn't hack anything. They explain how they did some of the shots on the DVD commentary track. The only thing I remember them saying they changed outside the game was the color of one of the guys for a shot. They used Photoshop or something. Other than that, they did it on a retail, unmodded XBOX.

RoQuEr - That's exactly how they do it. They cover up the bottom and top of the screen so you can't see the HUD or weapon. That's what those black bars are.
Old 04-02-04, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
They set up multiplayer games over Xbox using Gamespy or ASE... they don't need a hacked xbox. One player acts as the camera - the hud and such are removed because they crop the top and mostly the bottom of the screen to create a widescreen look. Lowering the guns and head bobs are easily done by the "actors" looking up and down, etc...
Old 04-02-04, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I saw these guys on Unscrewed the other day (was just checking out the show to see how unscrewed was because i've seen the RVB) and they were talking about it. Anyway of the 2 guys, one of them seemed into it but the other guy was a complete @sshole. I can't believe they let him on the air.
Old 04-02-04, 03:10 PM

Is Gamestop the only place to pic up the DVD?

I want to get for less than the $20 retail if possible.
Old 04-03-04, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They have Red vs. Blue on the current X-box demo disc at retail stores. I must say it was funny the first few times, but its gotten really annoying hearing it 50+ times a day.
Old 04-04-04, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

which one is on the demo?
Old 04-04-04, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I didn't think you could buy it anywhere other than their website. And the ones on the disc are just advertisements for the games on the disc Joxer. Like it has one of the guys talking about snowboarding or something and then it goes into an advertisement for a snowboarding game for the xbox. That's about it and it's not all that funny either from what i remember of watching a few. Theres 10+ little clips between the games i think