Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The Corrs are coming.

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The Corrs are coming.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-04, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Corrs are coming.

Thats right one (1) of the world's most popular bands is coming to the US. Upon release of their fourth studio album on May 24, 2004, in the UK, The Corrs hop the ocean for several dates across the US in August.

Here are the dates, venues, and locations:

Aug 6 Woodinville, WA - Chateau Ste. Michelle
Aug 8 Portland, OR - Arlene Schnitzer Hall
Aug 12 Saratoga, CA - Mountain Winery
Aug 15 San Diego, CA - Humphrey's By The Bay
Aug 19 Highland Park, IL - Ravinia Festival (various artists)
Aug 21 Cleveland, OH - Tower City Amphitheatre
Aug 25 Vienna, VA - Wolf Trap Filene Ctr.
Aug 28 Boston, MA - FleetBoston Pavilion

Old 03-24-04, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
First thing that came into my mind when I read that header:

Pics?
Old 03-24-04, 04:39 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I don't think my wife would appreciate me going to see the corrs..
Old 03-24-04, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Woohoo! Saratoga, CA. Andrea, Caroline and Sharon...
Old 03-24-04, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
because you requested it

oh in america, the only songs they are known for is "breathless" and that song they did with Bono thats live.
Old 03-24-04, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by cungar
First thing that came into my mind when I read that header:

Pics?
[Moving to MATURE]
Old 03-24-04, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Rypro 525
because you requested it

oh in america, the only songs they are known for is "breathless" and that song they did with Bono thats live.
And that is such a sad, sad,sad fact because "Talk On Corners" is one of those rare CDs that all the songs are so good, you don't have to skip any tracks.
Old 03-24-04, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Summer tour in g-strings?
Old 03-25-04, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Kal-El
And that is such a sad, sad,sad fact because "Talk On Corners" is one of those rare CDs that all the songs are so good, you don't have to skip any tracks.
Actually, my most favorite of all their albums is their first one. They got a little too 'pop' after that one (though I do still enjoy their music). Ohio's closest to me.. hmm..
Old 03-25-04, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh man this is great news. I was just in the middle of toying with the idea of going to Ireland in June to catch a show. Even talked to a travel agent the other day to get some prices. I was gonna make a whole vacation out of it. Seeing Ireland and the Corrs in Ireland is definitely something I'm gonna do one day.

None of those are real close to me, but I'll definitely hit at least the VA show, and possibly the Boston gig as well. Maybe even Ohio!

I agree, they did get a little too pop after FNF, but they're still one of the greatest bands around.
Old 03-26-04, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
For some reason, I can't stop looking for past videos and concert performances of this band.

They did perform their new single on the Meteor Awards recently, the song was called "Summer Sunshine" and it's pretty catchy in spots (though I was reminded of "Video Killed the Radio Star" when I first heard the opening of the song).

No idea about catching one of their shows in the US since all locations are pretty far away. Grr...
Old 03-26-04, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by reverie
Actually, my most favorite of all their albums is their first one. They got a little too 'pop' after that one (though I do still enjoy their music). Ohio's closest to me.. hmm..
Ah, therein lies our difference. I was still in the Philippines when they hit it big and Talk On Corners *was* their first album there. FNF is just a single in that one so that was my first exposure to their music.
Old 03-26-04, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Patman
For some reason, I can't stop looking for past videos and concert performances of this band.
They've released about 5 dvd's. One has all their videos and the others are live shows. If you're interested, I'd recommend getting the videos dvd and at least one of the live shows - "Live at Lansdowne Road" - that was an incredible show.
Old 03-26-04, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Amel
They've released about 5 dvd's. One has all their videos and the others are live shows. If you're interested, I'd recommend getting the videos dvd and at least one of the live shows - "Live at Lansdowne Road" - that was an incredible show.
I have 2 concert DVDs of them. Live at the Royal Albert Hall (Andrea in that simple black number...) and Live in London which had more songs and a better version of "Runaway" and "All the Love in the World".
Is that one you speak of R1 or R2?
Old 03-26-04, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I have all the concert DVDs (even the ones in non-Region 1, the "Live In Landsdowne" DVD was the impetus for me to get an all-region DVD player), and I have the Best Of Corrs. I'm talking about all their other appearances in concert and on TV.
Old 03-28-04, 06:49 PM
Cool New Member

Kal-El, you should get the Live in Landsdowne Road if you have a region free player. It completes the collection.. save the best for last hehe. The duet with Caroline and Sharon is already worth the price
Old 03-31-04, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So, has anyone else checked out "Summer Sunshine" yet?
Old 03-31-04, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I find it 'catchy', I have the single from the web and the video from the Irish Awards. Anything with Caroline on the drums has to be good.
Old 04-01-04, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The song does run through my feeble mind, but I thought Andrea's singing was a bit off-key and strained in parts in their performance at the Irish Meteor Awards, hopefully she'll get herself in singing shape for the concert tour. Now, I thought Sharon looks quite fetching, not crazy about Andrea's curled tresses though.
Old 04-01-04, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do they have any CD's that really blend in the Celtic Sounds, or is it just pretty much standard pop?
Old 04-24-04, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by RoyalTea
Do they have any CD's that really blend in the Celtic Sounds, or is it just pretty much standard pop?
Their first studio album (Forgiven not Forgotten) and their MTV Unplugged both fit the non-standard pop label. Both have Celtic roots.

And also my reason for bringing this back from the dead is that yesterday I scored a front row ticket to their show in PDX. YES!
Old 04-25-04, 02:24 PM

I love listening to the live versions of their songs, where be it from the live dvds or the Live in Dublin/Unplugged performances. But for some reason, I can't bring myself to listen to any cuts from studio albums, dunno why really. I guess they're more energetic and watching them perform is the thing for me/my intro to the band. I have a harder taste in music and don't really listen to the radio pop.

Here's my fav pic of the sisters

Last edited by Hannibal; 04-25-04 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-28-04, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm getting really antsy for their new album "Borrowed Heaven" which is being released in some parts in Europe. The US release date is 6/8/04...grr...

I've seen the EPK for "Borrowed Heaven" which features 27 minutes of acoustic version of their new songs, and I think it's a little better than the somewhat over-produced studio version on the new CD.

Songs on the EPK:
Angel
Goodbye
Hideaway
Humdrum
Long Night
Summer Sunshine
Silver Strand

You can see the EPK by this stream URL (use Net Transport 1.87 to nab it off the site if you have a high speed link):

Corrs EPK

Last edited by Patman; 05-28-04 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-28-04, 12:57 PM
Cool New Member

Hannibal, I am the same. Other than the live performances the only album I bought was Talk On Corners and that was only for two songs - "Dont say you love me" and "Love gives love takes". The albums just dont seem to have the signature Corrs feel their concerts give and what got me interested in them in the first place. Now if I can only find the BBC Radio 2 Concert somewhere...
Old 05-28-04, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

No doubt, when the Corrs are playing in front of a live audience, it's a different take on their songs. What's cool is that they don't really all the snazzy studio polishing because if they'd just let their instruments do the talking, their CDs would sound more organic and natural. Over-production in their CDs has been a bone of contention for the past couple of albums, especially when a lot of it isn't needed.

Their MTV Unplugged CD is a very nice take on their songs, plus I like the addition of the string section on many of the songs.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.