Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Rundown

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-04, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Rundown

just watched it last night,
a damn good effort by the Rock and Stifler
who did the action choreography?
it was very well done, especially the fight with the "little people", some of the hits looked painfully realistic

gotta love that Arnie cameo too
Old 03-24-04, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
My cousin did utility stunts in that film... Andy Cheng was the stunt coordinator and he's done alot of movies with Jackie Chan as his stunt double and sometimes doing stunt coordination or assistant fight choreogropher. He hasn't had a big break yet - he's still an up-and-comer.
Old 03-24-04, 02:21 PM

Good flick! Funny, fast-paced, lots of action!
Old 03-24-04, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Yep'. The director and choreographer sure knew their stuff here. The entire film had a strong pitch of energy. The Rock has an undeniable talent and presense. It's like the guy actually grew up watching the best of 60's-early 90's action films. You know, back when action films didn't usually suck. And his acting was more than sufficent for an action film.

It sucks that it wasn't very big at the movies. I was pretty sure it would be. But, in talking to my family about it, I gathered that a lot of people weren't interested because it had "The Rock".
Old 03-24-04, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great movie. Can't wait for Walking Tall. The Rock is going to be big in a few years.
Old 03-24-04, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was a very good Action flick and the rock did a great job if you ask me. I was very much surprised on how good it was
Old 03-24-04, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was disappointed with the Scorpion King, but this movie was very good. Not the best movie, but a solid, well done action flick. This movie helped shake my prejudice of The Rock. Although I never disliked him, I never took him too seriously.

The director is Peter Berg, who did Very Bad Things, but is best known as an actor (he played Dr. Billy Kronk on "Chicago Hope" for 5 years). I immediately recognized his voice on the commentary.
Old 03-24-04, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It was okay. The ONLY problem I had with it was Sean. He plays the same stupid ass character which is highly annoying. Beyond him, the movie was good. Cut him out and it probably would have been outstanding! Walking tall is looking like a very good film, I cant wait to see it next week. Hellboy first, then Walking tall.
Old 03-24-04, 04:32 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Aparently the Rock is retiring from wrestling? Its a shame, because wrestling made him who he is and I enjoyed his WWE matches.
Old 03-24-04, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Looking forward to finally seeing this on DVD. Missed it in the theaters. Seems like a pretty good good way to kill an evening.
Old 03-24-04, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Fok
Aparently the Rock is retiring from wrestling? Its a shame, because wrestling made him who he is and I enjoyed his WWE matches.
I wonder if Dwayne has any bad feelings towards Vince McMahon? I recall hearing an interview with Dwayne that hinted at bad blood because McMahon was quite demanding when it came to his use of "The Rock" name for his movie career. It may be why McMahon got an "Exective Producer" credit on The Rundown.
Old 03-24-04, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
I'm not sure why - but I found The Rundown to be really boring. Not that it was slow - it wasn't, it was just tired and boring.
Old 03-24-04, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Did't Dwayne buy his name The Rock from WWE?I thought I heard it talked on the net
Old 04-16-04, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by slop101
I'm not sure why - but I found The Rundown to be really boring. Not that it was slow - it wasn't, it was just tired and boring.
I just gave this a rental, and I wasn't too impressed with it either. Decent story, decent action, but overall I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

One question, though, to those that have seen the deleted scenes on the DVD: has there been any mention (commentary, maybe) about why the alternate ending wasn't used, mainly after they got outside. That whole, "Do you like thunder, what about lightning?" was pretty damn annoying. Maybe that's just me.

Glad I rented it and didn't buy it. I may watch it again if I see it on TV.
Old 04-16-04, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I for one enjoyed it. The Rock really impressed me, and Seann William Scott was great playing opposite him. Great chemistry, and it made for a very enjoyable movie. I was impressed with how Peter Berg directed the film, considering he'd never directed an action film before.
Old 04-17-04, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I rented this when I couldn't find anything else and I wasn't expecting much. I was very surprised when I liked it a lot.

The action was well done and the comedy made me laugh.
I'd watch it again.
Old 05-08-04, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Watching it now and I have had to watch the fight scenes twice. They were fantastic.
Old 05-08-04, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by slop101
Sounds more like "The Letdown".
Old 05-09-04, 02:36 PM

i watched the DVD the other day, i liked
Old 05-09-04, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sounds more like "The Letdown".
Hey, Watch out now! We've got our very own Jay Leno on the board!