Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Cube - Zelda Four Swords has a date...and price

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-04, 10:46 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Cube - Zelda Four Swords has a date...and price

March 22, 2004 - Nintendo of America today announced that it would release The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures on June 7 in the US. The title for $49.99 comes packed with a GameCube Game Boy Advance link cable.

Four Swords, a top-down adventure, stars up to four players as legendary hero Link and sets them out on an original quest filled with magic and mayhem, battles and puzzles, and more. One person can play the game with a GameCube controller or two, three or four players with linked Game Boy Advance systems can enjoy it. The title's many puzzles lend themselves to very creative and satisfying teamwork.

$49.99?!?! For a friggin advanced GBA game? Thats INSANE. Wow, it also comes packed with a Cube Link cable...big deal! This SHOULD be $29.99, $39.99 at the VERY most.
Old 03-22-04, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Cube - Zelda Four Swords has a date...and price

Originally posted by GizmoDVD
March 22, 2004 - Nintendo of America today announced that it would release The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures on June 7 in the US. The title for $49.99 comes packed with a GameCube Game Boy Advance link cable.

Four Swords, a top-down adventure, stars up to four players as legendary hero Link and sets them out on an original quest filled with magic and mayhem, battles and puzzles, and more. One person can play the game with a GameCube controller or two, three or four players with linked Game Boy Advance systems can enjoy it. The title's many puzzles lend themselves to very creative and satisfying teamwork.

$49.99?!?! For a friggin advanced GBA game? Thats INSANE. Wow, it also comes packed with a Cube Link cable...big deal! This SHOULD be $29.99, $39.99 at the VERY most.
Ummmm, ok but you do realize not everyone has a GBA, or an SP. Furthermore this may appeal to the people who bought FF:CC seeing as how the multiplayer is following the same mold. I wont pick it up the first day, but I am looking forward to it.
Old 03-22-04, 11:04 PM
Suspended

I understand that. But for $50 you can BUY a used GBA. Oh well. I'll most likley pick this up used, if I decide to at all.
Old 03-22-04, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by GizmoDVD
I understand that. But for $50 you can BUY a used GBA. Oh well. I'll most likley pick this up used, if I decide to at all.
Very true but it will sell.
Old 03-22-04, 11:57 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn Nintendo. I agree this should be 29.99. It costs more for them to make the darn GBA cart than to burn the ROM to a cd. And don't even get me started on this linkability poop, I was looking forward to getting this, but not now, the poor GC will gather another inch of dust I suppose.
Old 03-23-04, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$50 is too good to be TRUE & I am not going SPEND $50 for OLD Game
Old 03-23-04, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was a must buy for me when I thought it would retail for $29.99 or maybe a little more. Now I'm not sure. I still want to play this game, but I don't know if I'm willing to pay $50. Hopefully Fry's has a good sale when it comes out like they did with FF:CC
Old 03-23-04, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

dont u need 4 games of the 4 swords like FF CC in order to player 4 players?
Old 03-23-04, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm pretty sure this is a Gamecube game with the same setup as FF:CC

http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gam...ame-0000-1849&

$50 is pretty standard nowadays for a GCN game
Old 03-23-04, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts
It will have the exact setup as FF:CC.

I did play the GC Four Swords at E3 last year. It was damn fun! However, I also don't want to fork over $50 for this game. Plus, I already have for link cables already and don't need another...
Old 03-23-04, 09:18 AM

Just saw this Zelda 4 Swords Gamecube for $38.90 through Play Asia. This week only. Note this though..Compatible with Game Cube™ For JAP/Asian systems, use Freeloader for other.
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-70-31l-71-4b.html
Old 03-23-04, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Originally posted by stp115
I'm pretty sure this is a Gamecube game with the same setup as FF:CC

http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gam...ame-0000-1849&

$50 is pretty standard nowadays for a GCN game

But they released Pokemon Channel for $30. Why can't they do this?

I was really looking forward to this as I have wanted to play four swords for a couple years now. Is this the same exact game as for the game boy with Tetra's Trackers added?

I would have more readily forked over $50 for the Zelda Collection they were giving away for free than this. (at least I think so as I have not played this game yet)
Old 03-23-04, 10:14 AM

Darn it, why couldn't they have just made Wind Waker 2 with a top-down perspective instead/plus this? Now they got me itching for a 2D next-gen Zelda game.
Old 03-23-04, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is not a port of the GBA Zelda Four Swords. This is a totally new game. In fact the Hyrule Adventure mode alone is a brand new, full-sized 2.5D Zelda adventure for 1-4 players. It's like a sequel to the SNES Zelda ALTTP. This alone is worth $50 IMO!

Here are some impressions of the game:

1up.com:
I'm trying to think of the last four-player console game that was this much fun, and the best I can come up with is either GoldenEye or Saturn Bomberman...

It's really tough to remember the last time I had as much fun playing a multiplayer game as I did with Four Swords+; I'm grudgingly willing to admit that maybe, just maybe, Nintendo has a point with this connectivity stuff...
IGN.com:
Put simply, the four-player game is engaging and highly enjoyable. A total of four editors including two from IGN and two from GameSpy played for a couple of hours without so much as blinking...

...Nintendo has worked in some nice graphic extras that separate it from the standard Game Boy project. Using the GCN's processor, the title is able to draw literally dozens of sprite characters on-screen at once, a truth that makes for some very interesting fight possibilities. Particle effects are highly advanced. There are real-time lighting effects. Some enemies create shockwaves that send realistic visual ripples through the air. Water is transparent and shimmering. In some cases, players will be able to see their Link characters behind waterfalls -- a nice touch...
Old 03-23-04, 12:11 PM

I'd like to add that there won't be Tetra's Tracker in the US version according to 1up.com:

http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1552968,00.asp
Old 03-23-04, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Jtnguyen12
$50 is too good to be TRUE & I am not going SPEND $50 for OLD Game
This is a brand new game.

I've got some store credit so I'll be using that for this game. I could have sworn this game was announced for $39 though. Anyway I don't see the big hoopla over the price, almost every new release is $49 on every console, so why is everyone starting on this now? We don't even know how long the game is or all the features and value in it. Just because it's a 2D game does not mean it's inferior.

Judging from the fun we've been having with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, this is a no brainer purchase for me.
Old 03-23-04, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally posted by CreatureX
This is not a port of the GBA Zelda Four Swords. This is a totally new game. In fact the Hyrule Adventure mode alone is a brand new, full-sized 2.5D Zelda adventure for 1-4 players. It's like a sequel to the SNES Zelda ALTTP. This alone is worth $50 IMO!
Yea. A Link to the Past is my all-time favorite game. And I'm all ready for a new top-down Zelda. 3-D Link (and, well, many other 3-D games) just doesn't do it for me.
Old 03-23-04, 10:31 PM
Suspended

Awesome! Now they removed Tetras Trackers (A treasure searching game). Now we can ALL play a $50 version of a small GBA game! Yes, way to go Nintendo!

March 23, 2004 - Nintendo of America will release The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures on June 7 in the US, it said yesterday. However, the title will be slightly less complete when compare to the Japanese version, which is already available in the Land of the Rising Sun. The US build of Four Swords will not include the Navi Trackers mini-game featured in the Japan build.

In Navi Trackers (originally to be released as a standalone game called Tetra's Trackers), up to four players use their GameCube-linked Game Boy Advance systems to compete against one another in treasure seeking contest.
Nintendo of America did not cite any reason for its decision to remove Navi Trackers from the American release of Four Swords, though its absence could be related to localization issues. The mode featured detailed Japanese voice work that would need to be translated into English were it to be included with Four Swords
Old 03-23-04, 11:47 PM
Cool New Member

Why in the hell would they remove Navi's Trackers?

Well, I happen to have a free-loader, so I give TripWire my thanks. If I'm getting it at all now I'm getting it through that link he provided. Import sounds like the better product.
Old 06-09-04, 10:09 PM

I went ahead and picked this up today and I've been impressed so far with the single player. The Windwaker effects are remarkable in a SNES world. The first time I used the fire-rod I was blown away (and all shrubs on screen consumed by flame). I've been using my Wavebird but I may try my SP tomorrow.

The Link formation system is simple and it adds a little depth to the battles/puzzles. Link(s) can be set to patterns with either the C-stick or L and a couple taps. Single Link control is done with X and summoning the group is Y. Single player GBA controls are different.

I was also watching the opening sequence and it showed a boss battle with the bird from Windwaker. The "outworld" Link had to lure it into getting stuck and the GBA Link had to hit it's head from indoors. Very cool. Looking forward to trying multiplayer and Shadow Battle soon. BTW it came in a box with a set a GCN/GBA cables. Ooooh.
Old 06-09-04, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anxious to try this out.. however we've got a 4 player party waiting for it.
Old 06-09-04, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked this up today at CC. $44.99+tax and I got a $10 giftcard. Played single player mode through the first level. Too bad I have to wait until tomorrow to get some 4 player madness on. Game seems great so far with single player, and multiplayer will probably be much more fun.
Old 06-09-04, 11:00 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay, I'm confused. I know player one can play with a controller. But do the other three players need GBAs, or can they play with regular controllers as well?
Old 06-09-04, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Any multiplayer requires GBAs.. the single player mode can use a controller.
Old 06-10-04, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Originally posted by bertobarto
Why in the hell would they remove Navi's Trackers?

Well, I happen to have a free-loader, so I give TripWire my thanks. If I'm getting it at all now I'm getting it through that link he provided. Import sounds like the better product.
Yeah, I don't know why they removed it. That and the fact that the price is so hi I might wait for a price drop on it; although the CC price is appealing.

If it is any consolation I think EGM said that Navi Trackers really wasn't that great so shouldn't really be missed.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.