Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Ishtar on HBO?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-04, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ishtar on HBO?!?!

So I turned on HBO this morning for some background noise while I am working and Ishtar was on.

I didn't think that anybody showed this movie anymore. I decided to keep it on just to remind myself why I don't watch this movie, but it was right at the end, so I didn't get much of a refresher..

It still surprises me that, with the careers that its cast has had (Warren Beatty, Dustin Hoffman, Isabelle Adjani, Charles Grodin, Carol Kane), that it turned out the way it did.

If anyone is interested in giving it another view, without having to rent it, it'll be on HBO again on the 16th at 1 PM EST.
Old 03-12-04, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought it was pretty funny myself.
Old 03-12-04, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a musician, I think the opening scenes in New York are some of the funniest "songwriter" moments ever filmed. I watch the film just for about 20 minutes.

"gimme a half hour..last the last half hour..."

"She's gonna change her name to Carol...."

"Come look around and see if there's something your size."

"If you admit that you can play the accordian, they'll never hire ya in a rock and roll band..."

After they leave the city it all falls apart tho. Did the talent not read the script? Was the intial script better but editting, rewrites and/or directing mess it up? I don't know either.

Thanks for the heads up tho!

"...but we can si-i-i-ing..our hearts out.. And if we're lucky then no one'll complain..."