DOA on the big screen?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-04, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts
DOA on the big screen?

Animated boobies.

Link to chud

Thought this would be better in videogame talk than movietalk.

With their creepy androgynous singer and hits like "Brand New Lover" and "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)", it's high time someone made a feature film about the band Dead or Alive.

This isn't it, though. Instead, Hong Kong action master Corey Yuen (The Transporter, Fong Sai-Yuk) will direct a flick based on the Dead or Alive videogame series. The franchise of hand-to-hand combat games are most notorious for its scantily-clad female contestants and their gargantuan, hypnotic heaving breasts.

The Dead or Alive property has done more bouncing than the polygonal knockers of the game's roster, but finally seems to be nearing reality. And Yuen, an actor and director as well as fight choreographer who's worked with Jet Li on several Hong Kong films as well as his American efforts, is more than qualified to bring on the beatings.

The "story", essentially a damn good reason to have gorgeous sweaty babes rolling around and smacking the makeup off each other, comes from Pretty Woman scribe J.F. Lawton, who caused thousands of women to overlook the fact that their favorite movie is about a whore.

Yuen, who directed one of my fave films from last year, the superglossy action-girl flick So Close, will tackle the fightin' characters after he's done helping Jason Statham deliver packages in The Transporter 2.

Old 03-12-04, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
This is finally gonna happen? I always thought it was a sick joke. But with Yuen attatched to direct, I might check it out.
Old 03-12-04, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
it could be cool if filmed outside of hollywood.