Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

home theatre setup help

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

home theatre setup help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-04, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
home theatre setup help

Hey all,

I need advice setting up my home theatre. I have a 27" sony wega flatscreen and 6 components. one is an onkyo tx-sr601 receiver with 5.1 speakers.

i currently have everything setup in a clunky old entertainment center which is falling apart. i was thinking about getting a tv stand and then a seperate a/v component stand but i need help figuring out what i should get.

Are there any component stands that fit 6 components, one of which is a record player ? Do they make component stands with cable chases or would i need to devise my own cable hiding solution. also, if i go with a tv stand, what is the best place for the center channel ?

all comments/suggestions are welcome. please let me know if you need more info on my current setup.

thanks,
flip
Old 03-11-04, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not too many stands factor in a turntable anymore. Plan on something with a flat top for that. The center channel is best on top of the TV, maybe pointing down to the viewer depending on the height of the TV.
Old 03-12-04, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I don't know what your budget is but if there is an Ikean near you I would start there.

Also try this link www.audioadvisor.com

Good luck
Old 03-12-04, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the links. there are a lot of options out there.
does anyone have any suggestions for hiding cables. i live in an appartment so i cannot run cable through the walls.
also, what is the best way to mount an infiniti primus center channel ? it will not sit on top of my tv so i am assuming i will have to build a shelf or mount it directly to the wall. thanks for all the help.

here is a link to the center channel speaker

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-XbPNVEe...=XL#morephotos