Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Appleseed

Old 03-08-04, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Appleseed

This movie trailer rocks and this is the CG anime to watch out this year I think
http://www.a-seed.jp/
Old 03-09-04, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hell yeah, I saw this awile ago and was fiending for it to come out, definately looking forward to this more than the new Ghost in the Shell movie, no offense but that movie looks even more boring than the first, great visuals dont do it for me alone.
Old 03-09-04, 01:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HOLY MACKEREL!!!!!!!!!!!!

A geek can only take so much torture! When will this eternal waiting END!?!?!
Old 03-09-04, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts
Old 03-09-04, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Will this be released stateside?
Old 03-09-04, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I 'll see this. New animation is always interesting to me
Old 03-10-04, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Wow. I'm looking forward to this. I used to like anime back when the first Appleseed OVA was released, but I grew out of the animation- it just seems cheesey to me now, but this is just breathtaking.
Old 03-10-04, 09:21 AM
Suspended

This looks to be an interesting take on Johnny Appleseed. I'm curious to see if they stay faithful to the source material.
Old 03-10-04, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

nice, looks cool. Just to repeat the question, will this be released in the states?
Old 03-10-04, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i doubt this movie will ever see daylight in your regular, american theater. i'll be importing this when ever it gets released onto dvd. until then, are there any websites that lists major anime movie productions?

as much as i love anime, i can't afford to purchase entire season sets on a regular basis. the feature-length anime productions like ah! my goddess, akira, totoro, mononoke hime, etc. were all very enjoyable even if i didn't understand all the inside references (speaking mainly about ah! my goddess).

any suggestions?
Old 03-10-04, 05:33 PM

Originally posted by tofu
Just to repeat the question, will this be released in the states?
Yes. It's been licensed by Geneon. This means a DVD release for certain, and a possible limited theatrical release.
Old 03-10-04, 06:09 PM
Banned

Is it just my computer or is the Windows Media application that does this: I'm watchin' and lovin' for about 7 seconds when it freezes and buffers for about 15 seconds. Seven more seconds and ...buffer for fifteen seconds. Repeat for entire trailer.
And it's not like Quicktime, where once you stream it initially it plays smoothly after that. This app does this every single time.

I know these can't be downloaded to hard disk from this site, but does anyone know where quality copies of these can be saved and not streamed? Or even if quality copies are available to stream in Quicktime?

This looks great, but trying to watch it like this, well... the greatness is what makes the constant pausing so irritating.

Last edited by Kudama; 03-10-04 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-10-04, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Kudama
Is it just my computer or is the Windows Media application that does this: I'm watchin' and lovin' for about 7 seconds when it freezes and buffers for about 15 seconds. Seven more seconds and ...buffer for fifteen seconds. Repeat for entire trailer.
And it's not like Quicktime, where once you stream it initially it plays smoothly after that. This app does this every single time.

I know these can't be downloaded to hard disk from this site, but does anyone know where quality copies of these can be saved and not streamed? Or even if quality copies are available to stream in Quicktime?

This looks great, but trying to watch it like this, well... the greatness is what makes the constant pausing so irritating.
If you know where you temporary internet folders are, I'd suggest looking in there. There's a good chance that you'd find the WMV saved there.
Old 03-15-04, 09:03 AM
Banned

Thanks for the idea.

I hate to be a pest, but do you have any suggestions as to where I might find the temporary internet files?

I tried exploring and couldn't locate them.