Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Grand Theft Auto 4 (San Andreas) confirmed and dated!!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-04, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw the report on gamespot this morning. I am psyched! This winter is going to rule! Wonder what the era will be and what voice actors etc they will have this time round. It's PS2 "exclusive for now by the way.

(Incidentally does anyone else agree that the PS2 is going to have a ridiculously kick-ass line of software out for this holiday season?? MGS3, GTA4, GT3, R&C3, Jak3 etc etc.... awesome!)
Old 03-01-04, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn, I was just gonna post that.

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 1, 2004--Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is pleased to announce Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the next iteration in the globally successful Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by world-class designers Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be available exclusively for the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system and is expected to be in stores in North America on October 19, 2004 and in Europe on October 22, 2004.

"In the past couple of years, we have put an enormous amount of pressure on ourselves to ensure we do everything possible to exceed people's expectations with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," stated Sam Houser, President of Rockstar Games. "Even though we still have eight months to go, we are starting to become very proud of what we have achieved and we can't wait to get the game into players' hands."

Leslie Benzies, President of Rockstar North, stated, "We are extremely humbled by the success of the Grand Theft Auto series and it has made us push ourselves further than ever to create a title in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that will hopefully redefine the Grand Theft Auto series and revolutionize open-ended gameplay and video game production values."

Over 30 million units of the Grand Theft Auto franchise have been shipped to date, including over 11.5 million units of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and over 10.5 million units of Grand Theft Auto 3.

About Take-Two Interactive Software

Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is an integrated global developer, marketer, distributor, and publisher of interactive entertainment software games and accessories for the PC, PlayStation(R) game console, PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system, Xbox(R), Nintendo GameCube(TM) and Game Boy(R) Advance. The Company publishes and develops products through its wholly owned subsidiary labels: Rockstar Games, Gathering, Global Star and Joytech. The Company maintains sales and marketing offices in Cincinnati, New York, Toronto, London, Paris, Munich, Vienna, Milan, Sydney, Breda (Netherlands) and Auckland. Take-Two's common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at www.take2games.com.

All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.

Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Reform Act of 1995: This press release contains forward-looking statements made in reliance upon the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws. Such forward-looking statements are based on the beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them. The Company has no obligation to update such forward-looking statements. Actual results may vary significantly from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of factors. These important factors are described in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2003 in the section entitled "Cautionary Statement and Risk Factors".
Old 03-01-04, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Bah, why can't they release the Xbox version at the same time? Now I'll have to buy a PS2 again. Hopefully by October they will be $129 or less
Old 03-01-04, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Add Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in my collection list
Old 03-01-04, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Grand Theft Auto 4 (San Andreas) confirmed and dated!!

Originally posted by The Franchise
(Incidentally does anyone else agree that the PS2 is going to have a ridiculously kick-ass line of software out for this holiday season?? MGS3, GTA4, GT3, R&C3, Jak3 etc etc.... awesome!)
MGS3: No
GTA4: No
GT3: No
R&C3: YES!
Jak3: No
Old 03-01-04, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

man, i still haven't played vice city and the one before that one... they really have to slow down on the releases!

really... i think i have to quit w/ all the backlog of games.
Old 03-01-04, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
This is awesome! These games are the reason I own a PS2. It is going to be a great fall for games.

X
Old 03-01-04, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Re: Grand Theft Auto 4 (San Andreas) confirmed and dated!!

Originally posted by PixyJunket
MGS3: YES!
GTA4: HECK YEAH!
GT3: NO!
R&C3: HECK NO!
Jak3: NO!
Fixed
Old 03-01-04, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hope they actually add something new to the game, other than a new city, some cars, and a horrible story.
Old 03-01-04, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Re: Grand Theft Auto 4 (San Andreas) confirmed and dated!!

Saw the report on gamespot this morning. I am psyched! This winter is going to rule! Wonder what the era will be and what voice actors etc they will have this time round. It's PS2 "exclusive for now by the way.

I would just like to say that from now on no PS2 fanboy can criticize Nintendo for relying on franchises or sequels to sell its system.
Old 03-01-04, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by flashburn
I hope they actually add something new to the game, other than a new city, some cars, and a horrible story.
If those are the ONLY differences you saw between GTA3 and Vice City then I don't think we played the same games....
Old 03-01-04, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Boo to exclusivity!
Old 03-01-04, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If those are the ONLY differences you saw between GTA3 and Vice City then I don't think we played the same games....
What else was different?

Hopefully GTA4 will be online.
Old 03-01-04, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is this really GTA4? I don't see that mentioned in the article. Based on the title, this will be a second expansion pack/retread, more like a successor to GTA:VC.

- David Stein
Old 03-01-04, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally posted by spainlinx0
I would just like to say that from now on no PS2 fanboy can criticize Nintendo for relying on franchises or sequels to sell its system.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Same with Xbox. Halo2, Doom3, HalfLife2, Unreal2, PGR2.
Old 03-01-04, 01:13 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by spainlinx0
yeah, but they will anyway
Old 03-01-04, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by actyper
What else was different?

Hopefully GTA4 will be online.
Uhhhh.... I don't really feel like listing all the differences but a few that stand out are: Owning businesses/property, helicopters, motorbikes (my favorite!), many more minigames (RC races, pizza delivery etc), better voice acting, much more music variety. If you don't agree then I guess we agree to disagree.

Here's the new game logo that looks pretty cool. No screenshots yet.
Old 03-01-04, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This has to be the only series I've ever paid full price for... (ok, my wife has paid full price for...I'm still cheap) so I'm really looking forward to this game...

I did a search but couldn't find the old thread where someone suggested UFO's for the sequel... dammit! Oh well, let the speculation begin!
Old 03-01-04, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts
Cool. I can definitely wait for the Xbox version since I have barely touched the tip of the iceberg on III and IV and it did not pain me to wait 2 or 3 years for that.

Just think, it may come to the Xbox quicker than you think. Manhunt hasn't been out that long & it is coming to the Xbox in a few weeks.
Old 03-01-04, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by brianluvdvd
Cool. I can definitely wait for the Xbox version since I have barely touched the tip of the iceberg on III and IV and it did not pain me to wait 2 or 3 years for that.

Just think, it may come to the Xbox quicker than you think. Manhunt hasn't been out that long & it is coming to the Xbox in a few weeks.
I believe it's a PS2 exclusive... mentions that in the article (and it's per the agreement where Sony allowed GTA3 and GTA:VC to be released on the XBox). May EVENTUALLY be released on the XBox, but not for at least a year+.
Old 03-01-04, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
If this comes out any sooner than November 2005 I'll eat a gamecube.
Old 03-01-04, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Trigger
Quoted for posterity.
Old 03-01-04, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You want fries with that?
Old 03-01-04, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
who is donating their gamecube for this gastronimic feat of intestinal fortitude?
Old 03-01-04, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

who is donating their gamecube for this gastronimic feat of intestinal fortitude?
If Resident Evil 4 wasn't coming out... I'd be tempted to sacrifice it.

I have a spare (wired) controller... wanna eat that instead?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.