Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

MX Unleashed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-04, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MX Unleashed!

Just picked this game up for the Xbox today and so far I love it. The lack of Xbox live is criminal though. The game has a killer soundtrack and mixes in songs from your HD at the same time. Runs in WS 1080i,

Made by Rainbow Studios who did ATV Offroad Fury1&2 , Splashdown and the Motocross Madness series. The game plays like a sequel to Motocross Madness 2 which I love and still play.

Animation and game modes are dramatically updated. AI does not rubberband cheat like ATV and Splashdown. Thank god.

Reviews all over the place are rating it right around an 8 which I think is fair. The only drawbacks to me are the soft textures, distance fogging and no Xbox Live. Other than that it is very addictive and solid.

Launched at a $40 price point.

Ginsu sez give it a look.
Old 02-25-04, 10:34 PM
fab

I picked this up too (for XBOX) because it is from Rainbow Studios and I love most of their games. ATV Offroad Fury 1 & 2 are my favorite offroad racers for this generation and MX Unleashed is the best Motocross game for this generation so far as well. The control is perfect IMO. The many different modes and tracks will keep me busy for a long while.

--
fab
Old 02-25-04, 10:59 PM

I have been playing it a lot and can't believe they did not include Live play! Oh well, the game keeps getting better. Lots to unlock and fast lines to discover.
Old 02-26-04, 05:05 AM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

yeah I picked this up as well, and will be getting mtx:motrax just for the live play, anyone with an HDTV needs to get this game( I buy every game that supports 720p or 1080i, hopefully so the studios will release more )
Old 02-26-04, 12:03 PM

Okay, my first real beef. This games hangs up on me a lot. Sometimes my races wont end , or my music goes wonky, or the game just locks up. Anyone else?

EDIT:

I returned my original copy and got a new disc. Looks like thje first one was from a different factory or pressing. Gold disc w/ washed out graphics. New disc has no problems.

Has anyone tried MTX Motocross that just came out? How does it compare?

Last edited by Ginsu; 03-08-04 at 01:17 AM.
Old 03-08-04, 01:19 AM

bump
Old 03-08-04, 03:53 AM

I have the game and my only gripe is it's too much like ATV Offroad, which isn't a bad thing, it's just I played ATV Offroad to death.