Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Where to find rare songs?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 02-21-04, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been trying to put together a WC compilation CD for myself for a while now. I've got the Westside Connection CD's complete amd both of WC's solo efforts (Ghetto Heisman, Shadiest One).

Now the problem lies here...I want to include the two WC and the Maad Circle CD's (Curb Servin' and Aint' a Damn Thang Changed) and WC's earliest effort with Low Profile. I can't find these CD's anywhere. I've looked in used music shops, new music shops...so I turn to downloading. No one online has these songs either, I've pulled a few, but nothing much. Not even Kazaa can help me. I even looked to Ebay, with no avail.

Any suggestions? Where do you find rare songs/CD's?

Last edited by Tarantino; 02-21-04 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-21-04, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
For obscure stuff, Audiogalaxy was great. There was a song that I had spent YEARS looking for and it turned up on there. Sadly, it's a pay, streaming service now. I left when it changed and never looked back.

For a hard copy, if GEMM.com doesn't have it, chances are that it doesn't exist. It's basically a network of record stores around the world. I've used it several times - mostly to get (obscure in the US) 12" singles from the UK and such. Caution: between overseas shipping and market demand price, though, you may be paying a pretty penny. But if it is worth it to you, then you shouldn't mind.
Old 02-21-04, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soulseek is all the rage now, but I doubt I can post a link without being suspended.
Old 02-21-04, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What's special about soulseek that the others don't have?
Old 02-21-04, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts
WC and the Maad Circle
Ah, the good ol days. And don't forget WC's early work in Low Profile.
Old 02-21-04, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Where to find rare songs?

Originally posted by Tarantino
I want to include the two WC and the Maad Circle CD's (Curb Servin' and Aint' a Damn Thang Changed) and WC's earliest effort with Low Profile. I can't find these CD's anywhere.
I didn't if only I could find them...
Old 02-21-04, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Tarantino
What's special about soulseek that the others don't have?
Well, since it's "all the rage" it has a LOT of users. An incredible amount. It also has an option called "Wishlist" that constantly searches for certain songs (presumably rare ones *ding ding*). It isn't always dependable, though. There are also chatrooms where you can get a helping hand (though I can't promise the effectiveness of that, either) and a Userlist that will allow you to keep tabs on individuals and their files (good for someone with a fast connection).
Old 02-22-04, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by fallow
Soulseek is all the rage now, but I doubt I can post a link without being suspended.