Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

WARRANT - New Line Up!! (Jani Lane leaves)

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-04, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(pauses for the boring poo faced depressed grunge fans to have thier cheap laugh)

I know there are some hair metal fans and rockers on this board, so I thought some of you guys might be into this news.

Rumor is original members Jerry Dixon and Eric Turner wanted to bring back original guitarist Joey Allen, Jani Lane wasn't happy about it and he left. The new singer is going to be Jamie St James (of Black n Blue), Joey Allen is returning on Lead Guitar after leaving in 1993 and Mike Fanaso on drums (who was in Warrant for the last 5 years but was fired by Jani Lane last year.)

WARRANT CONFIRM LINE-UP AND WELCOME BACK ORIGINAL GUITARIST JOEY ALLEN:
HOLLYWOOD (February 16, 2004) Warrant, spanning nearly two decades of rock, is proud to announce their 2004 line-up. Having parted ways, with long-time front-man Jani Lane, the band has re-grouped and is keyed up about bringing the new Warrant to life.
The new Warrant line-up consists of original members Erik Turner (guitar), Jerry Dixon (bass) and original member Joey Allen (lead guitar). "It's been a blast to play the music again," explains Allen. "I haven't played these songs for eight or more years. I am totally comfortable being side-by-side with Jerry and Erik again. It feels like home."
Allen joined Warrant in March 1987. His addition to the band became the first official Warrant lineup. Playing Gazarri's, that same month, Warrant broke the attendance-record previously held by Van Halen.
Also joining the new addition is Jaime St. James (vocals) and Mike Fasano (drums). Jaime St. James is best known as the front-man for the band Black & Blue. "I've known the guys in Warrant for many years when they were still playing The Sunset Strip," states St. James. "We have the same tastes in music and love to rock. I am thrilled to play with my long-time friends." Mike Fasano played in Warrant from 2001-2003 and returns for 2004. "As soon as I heard that '˜The Squealer' was back (A.K.A. Joey Allen), I was in," says Fasano.
"The positive energy that Jaime brings to the band is contagious," states Erik Turner. "Having Mike Fasano, The Dean Martin of Rock, back behind the kit makes us come full circle. Jerry and I very excited about the future and the making of a new Warrant record. We hope to have it out in fall of 2004."
"I was surprised that the transition from Jani to Jamie had gone so smoothly. It feels like this new combination is meant to be," explains Jerry Dixon. "I think people are going to be blown away when they hear us. Having Joey back also brings that original Warrant sound back to the band."
With a new line-up, a fresh sound and band members in place, Warrant is getting ready to head out on the road starting this March. "Playing in this band is fun again. Hearing Joey playing guitar on all the Classics is awesome," exclaims Erik Turner. "Rainmaker, Sure Feels Good & Ridin' High are kicking my butt at rehearsals and I can't wait to play them live for our fans."

In regards to the official announcement that vocalist Jaime St. James has now joined Warrant, St. James says that he and Black 'N Blue will still complete work on their new album entitled Hell Yeah!, which is currently scheduled for release in May. In regards to touring, St. James says "my commitments are with Warrant, however I do not rule out the possibility of playing dates with Black 'N Blue in support of the new album".

First Tour Dates...
March 3rd - Daytona Beach FL
March 5th - St. Petersburg FL

Offical Warrant web site...

http://www.warrantweb.net/
Old 02-18-04, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn. First Bach, now Jani. I'm curious to hear what they sound though. I love the 80s hair bands.
Old 02-18-04, 03:21 PM
Suspended

Re: WARRANT - New Line Up!! (Jani Lane leaves)

Originally posted by turborobb
(pauses for the boring poo faced depressed grunge fans to have thier cheap laugh)
Leave it to you to bash grunge in any thread you participate in

By the way the Grunge fad has been over for a very long time now.
Old 02-18-04, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coming to a county fair near you....
Old 02-18-04, 08:44 PM

"I've told them a hundred times: Put Warrant first and Puppet Show last."
http://spinaltapfan.com/atozed/TAP00419.HTM

Last edited by Damage; 02-18-04 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-18-04, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by woofman
Coming to a county fair near you....
or maybe your local WalMart supercenter parking lot
Old 02-18-04, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Love Black n Blue, not sure I can see this Warrent thing sound right.
Old 02-19-04, 04:54 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

I know this is a cynical way of thinking, but no original singer = no sale. I was one of the biggest fans of the "hair metal" style, and I still enjoy listening to the old stuff. I got to see Poison and Cinderella a few years back and I was back in 1987 all over again (I mean that as a good thing).

But the music from these bands is distinguished by their vocalists. Yes, there is a difference between the guitar styles, etc. - to a degree. But really, it's just not noticeable enough. Without the original singers they may as well be cover bands.
Old 04-09-04, 01:43 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

To follow up to my last post, the new Warrant is playing in my town at one of the local bars. I may end up going just because I was planning on drinking tonight anyway. I'll report back if I do. The place is tiny and not well suited for a band, yet they've had Firehouse and Great White (a grimly ironic set of bands if you think about it) there in the last two months. If they suck I'll just drink more I guess.
Old 04-09-04, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
It's always funny to check Metal-Sludge for album sales on these burnout 80's hair bands. They usually sell around 300-5,000 copies of their new albums these days.
Old 04-09-04, 03:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TONIGHT!!!

Puppet Show
&
Warrant
Old 04-10-04, 05:27 AM
Banned

I always thought the lead singer looked like football's John Elway back in the 1980's.
Old 04-10-04, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They are singing an oldie but goodie - Heaven The death of our band isn't too far away
Old 04-11-04, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: WARRANT - New Line Up!! (Jani Lane leaves)

Originally posted by turborobb
Livin' under a rock? This isn't 1992 anymore.