Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GBA SP screen problem question

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-04, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GBA SP screen problem question

I picked up another GBA SP earlier today and was wondering if anyone else had this problem. A few centimeters up from the bottom of the screen, there seems to be a strip (maybe a centimeter or two thick) going horizontally across the screen that looks a little brighter than the rest of the screen. When I fire it up without a cartridge to see it against a white background, it kinda looks light purple-ish. My platinum one doesn't do this but the new onyx one does. For those of you with GBA SP, could yall check to see if your Gameboys do this as well? Help please
Old 02-17-04, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I checked my platinum GBA SP and did not see any variation in the screen brightness on top (Checked with and without a cartridge). Just to be sure, I stepped into a completely dark room.

If it is really noticeable, I would try exchanging the GBA SP for another.
Old 02-17-04, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I heard about something like this a few months ago. Bad batch of screens or something. You should exchange it.
Old 02-17-04, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by MrKen
I heard about something like this a few months ago. Bad batch of screens or something. You should exchange it.
If you have any sort of link to a story about this would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the funny part. The first one I bought had the purple-ish line. I exchanged it for another black unit. That one had no line but it did have dust under the screen cover. I exchanged that one for a red one. The red one had no line and no dust but did have a big ass scratch on it. Then the red one was exchanged for another black one. No dust, no scratch, but the damn purple-ish line is back. Maybe it's a sign telling me not to buy one.
Old 02-18-04, 01:09 AM

Originally posted by Phuzbox
Here's the funny part. The first one I bought had the purple-ish line. I exchanged it for another black unit. That one had no line but it did have dust under the screen cover. I exchanged that one for a red one. The red one had no line and no dust but did have a big ass scratch on it. Then the red one was exchanged for another black one. No dust, no scratch, but the damn purple-ish line is back. Maybe it's a sign telling me not to buy one.
Definately a sign.

The gods must have been happy with me when I bought my SP. No lines, no scratches, no dust in screen.

/Benjamin